The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the temple to find the

mirror of twilight

and I don't know why but unlike other zelda games I tended to do most of the side quests but this time round I have just been following the main quest, maybe its me but it doesn't really feel as magical as say the Wind Waker (which probably sounds quite gay lol).

Anyway great game but it doesn't feel as relaxed and easy going as the wind waker but anyway, I have like 12 more poes to find which probably isn't that bad. Kinda feel sorry for that golden guy and I should help him but at the same time why should I, its his own fault hes a gold statue now :heh: [/taking game too seriously] lol

Well its over, I am finished which is quite upsetting. The last boss battle is awesome and you guys are in for a treat. Also special mention goes to the music as the credits come up.

A few thoughts about the game. It really does pay homage to all the Zeldas that come before it. Whether its the darkness from MM or just little things like the fishing guys pic in the Fishing Hole its these little touches that make the game great to play from a Zelda fans point of view.

The weapons and items in the game are some of the best in any Zelda game. The same can also be said about the Dungeon designs. They arent just random temples placed all around Hyrule but places that do make sense. As for the story, sure it aint going to win an Oscar but it is far deeper than any other Zelda game but I still prefers OOT storyline.

One thing that many reviews complained about was the lack of voice acting and for once I agree with them. I know Zelda hasnt had voice acting in before but i think its time the series did especially in the next game. Im not saying Link should speak but all the other characters should. If done correctly voice acting can add alot more emotion to a game like this and Im hoping they do use it next time.

Its hard to say if this is the best Zelda game. I love OOT to bits as its near perfect, so how do you beat a Perfect game? Well you cant really so you have to mimic it the best you can while changing a few things here and there. Alot of things are fresh in TP but alot of things also feel very very similar. The cutscenes in TP are fantastic though especially the ones near the end. I have also played OOT more times than I can remember and still do to this day so we will see if TP will have the same appeal to me over the months and years.

Best Zelda game? I will let you decide.

One thing that many reviews complained about was the lack of voice acting and for once I agree with them. I know Zelda hasnt had voice acting in before but i think its time the series did especially in the next game.

"Lack of voice acting"...Well, its not really a "lack" of voice acting - the voice acting done in the game is great, and other NPCs should have that kind of voice acting.

Damn!

Im struggling to find time to play Zelda to be honest. Due to work commitments and by the time I get home the missus wants to watch the usual crappy soaps.

Ive only just finished the forest temple and i've had the game for a week! To hear of you guys on the later temples and some having already completed the game depresses me.

Damn!

Ive only just finished the forest temple and i've had the game for a week! To hear of you guys on the later temples and some having already completed the game depresses me.

No need to feel like that, just play at your own pace. To be fair I wouldnt have completed it already if I hadnt taken 2 weeks holiday off work for the Wii.

So Hero-of-Time, any plans to change your name to Hero-of-Light or whatever the Link in this game becomes at the end? ;D

Haha. Nah I like HoT, has a nice ring to it.

I'm sorry, but I'm really struggling on the Lakebed Temple, I can make the stairs go round for England but I can't see what to do next. I've tried twatting the water wheels in the next room with bomb arrows and using the iron boots but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Few hints perchance?

I'm sorry, but I'm really struggling on the Lakebed Temple, I can make the stairs go round for England but I can't see what to do next. I've tried twatting the water wheels in the next room with bomb arrows and using the iron boots but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Few hints perchance?

Clawshot is the key in this dungeon. Your objective is to get the water running along the indents in the floor.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!