NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Yeah the wolf bits were great fun and made a nice change. Climbing Hyrule castle-tops was a lot of fun, especially with those cool twilit bird sound effects around you when you hit them.

I'm glad you find my posts so entertaining :)

No, you're post are repetitive, unlike solitanze's.

It's an honour to decorate your signature bar.

Damn right!

Course if I wanted them removed (being potentially libelous and used without my permission) it would be a simple matter of asking the mods, I'm sure Fierce would approve. But I find them funny and a fitting way of letting people know you're personality. But hey, since you seem incapable of discussing TP, I'll have to get this topic back ON topic...

Favourite item? Spinner.

Course if I wanted them removed (being potentially libelous and used without my permission) it would be a simple matter of asking the mods, I'm sure Fierce would approve. But I find them funny and a fitting way of letting people know you're personality. But hey, since you seem incapable of discussing TP, I'll have to get this topic back ON topic...

Favourite item? Spinner.

You can ask Fierce that, they're not medals, but I certainly didn't offend anyone, unlike you who managed to offend an entire country.

And I have discussed TP (having even agreed with you), I just don't feel the need to repeat myself countless times.

Right, I apologise for insulting you and an entire country, it was stupid of me and obviously I lashed out. I just found your choce of words to whoever it was very tasteless.

Wow, i don't check the thread for a few days and you guys managed to had so much fun without me.

Regarding shino's compliment at me. I took absolutely no offense as we swapped way worse attacks between us. As he said we are long time friends, and friends always have to trade some nice bashing.

I did take offense on the portuguese comment though, for obvious reasons.

Let me guess were you met those portuguese you referred to. A football field?

No I don't play chavball, prefer rugby union.

Perhaps I'm just pissed at the idea that calling someone 'a little queer' IS an attack/bash. Is it not the 21st century?

I'm also trying desperately to keep this on topic...

erm... TP...

3 things:

1. The hidden skills I find brilliant. The concept, the music, the knight mentor. Though I wish the spin attack was a bit more impressive.

2. Does anyone find swimming underwater in this game a mess? It's so hard to get to grips with compared to the flawless model set by MM. Also climbing vines and things I've noticed is a bit tempramental.

3. The music in Snowpeak mountain I love.

Seriously, guys. I love Zelda as much as the next guy, but I'm fucked off with this thread. If you're going to result to petty childish squabbling, can it be down elsewhere off this forum, please? I don't know about you, but I just wanna talk about Zelda.

A few of you seem let down in the same way I was when wind waker came out. You might want to try a media deprivation therapy for the next zelda title (not knowing a thing about TP made the game that much more special when I played it).

Seriously, guys. I love Zelda as much as the next guy, but I'm fucked off with this thread. If you're going to result to petty childish squabbling, can it be down elsewhere off this forum, please? I don't know about you, but I just wanna talk about Zelda.

I agree. We tried to get a new, happy, topic, but sadly enough those who want to fight seem to ignore it. it's that simple. Everytime we get a new subject, they dig up their hatred and start fighting again. I'de understand it that if this goes on like this you'de have to cancel the festival. Goddamnit, we all love the fricking game, why are we fighting? it's things like Nintendo that should unite the world! Not tore it in parts! What the hell are borders for? Borders are to split, but this is the internet. And in this modern age the internet means: no borders, no difference. Everyone is the same thing: a wanky IP-address.

I hope that pledges for a new thought on the forums, or we are doomed and Fierce will be right eventually and has to lock down the thread.

Favourite item? Hmm.. I haven't really got a clue, but I love how the bittles look so shine in 3D, yet still so old. Apart from that I'm not really surprised by the items, excpet the Spineer and the Ball and Chain...

Favourite dungeon? Hmmm, I'm on city of the sky, but it doesn't look like your average dungeon and isn't that fun. During the boss battle, do you get to ride your horse? I swear I've seen a screen of it. Item- chain and ball, but I prefer the old ones to be honest...

Hmmm, I'm on city of the sky, but it doesn't look like your average dungeon and isn't that fun.

I loved that level. I think it's my favourite Zelda level so far.

I quite like this effect when you defeat a boss:zeldatp-screens%20%28167%29.jpg

Agreed, I think that all the effects with the black squares are cool.

Haven't really been in here cause of certain stuff happening, but I'll try and give my favourites. =D

Favourite item: the coolest one that didn't get used enough was the Spinner! Spin spin spin! So much fun! The coolest one that does get used more is the double Clawshot. Spiderman action!

Favourite dungeon: difficult choice... I quite liked Snowpeak Mansion I think, even though I got stuck for ages trying to find one hidden chest (which of course held a key). It was in a stupid place too. ='3

And when it comes to the music, I really like the music they play at night in Hyrule Field. So atmospheric and dark. Loveeee it. Also love the Zora Queen song; very sad song, yet so cool.

I don't know, but this game was quite impressive to me. Not sure I can call it my favourite Zelda (I already couldn't decide between OoT and MM), but there's just so many cool things. I loved the shadows of the clouds passing by on the ground, or how when you're a wolf in the light world, you can still see Midna's shadow on the ground, sitting on your back. I love the sound effects for the Twilight enemies, like those big birds.

Sword fighting on a horse = one of the best things ever. I could just run around with Epona, twirling my sword and hitting enemies; very fun.

And something that was funny were the three fangirls you get when finishing the STAR game. You can also talk to them while playing the game (so when you're inside the cave); they remind me of the three goddesses, with their blue, green and red colours. Plus try talking to them outside when you've beaten the minigame. Funny. =D

Anyway, loved this game. Wheeee!

I'm still nowhere near finished yet (Still only up to Gerudo desert) but the one thing that could've have improved this game is more animation. In the rare moments characters do something like hug or touch hands it's always more powerful then any amount of dialogue. I just saw this cutscene where Midna touches Links face - what would have really connected the scene would be if Link raised his giant hand and touched her delicate little paw in return. But he just sits there, staring like some moody, unresponsive teenager. Bastard.

In fact I want more games to do this - much less dialogue, a little bit more acting.

I decided on this second run through the game that the worst thing about this game is hunting for poes. You have to stop and wait for aaaaaaaages once the sun comes up before you can carry on searching. Where's the sun song in this game?! It's getting quite tedius.

And...

Favourite item - Double Clawshot, one of the coolest items I've used in Zelda. And the clawshot animations are spiffy.

Least favourite item - Slingshot. What's the point? You never use it, especially after you get the bow.

Favourite temple - Arbiters Grounds. I keep wanting to start again just to do that, the puzzles and the boss were awesome. I quite liked the OoT poe reference too.

Least favourite temple - Sky temple. Way to easy, easiest boss ever, few actual puzzles, just lots of hookshotting from place to place for ages (which is still cool).

Also the final castle place is too short.

Favourite music - the Nightime theme is brilliant I wish it was always night.

Yeah getting poes can be frustrating because you can't change day into night, but fortunately the reward for doing so is nothing special. Still, I intend to get them all.

I decided on this second run through the game that the worst thing about this game is hunting for poes. You have to stop and wait for aaaaaaaages once the sun comes up before you can carry on searching. Where's the sun song in this game?! It's getting quite tedius.

I like how it's light for more than a minute (like in OOT) but agreed a Sun song would have been handy, though no ocarina, no songs. I wonder if Nintendo would introduce real time daylight in the next game. Ie... daylight does actually last hours. Play the game at night, it's night time, play it during the day it's day time.

Favourite temple - Arbiters Grounds. I keep wanting to start again just to do that, the puzzles and the boss were awesome. I quite liked the OoT poe reference too.

Good temple but didn't like it from a personal taste point of view. It was nicely done and everything just didn't like it that much.

Least favourite temple - Sky temple. Way to easy, easiest boss ever, few actual puzzles, just lots of hookshotting from place to place for ages (which is still cool).

Agreed, I expected so much more from the City in the Sky. And it does seem like the only puzzle is 'find the next clawshot symbol'.

Also the final castle place is too short.

Yep, but I like the outdoor scenes.

I like how it's light for more than a minute (like in OOT) but agreed a Sun song would have been handy, though no ocarina, no songs. I wonder if Nintendo would introduce real time daylight in the next game. Ie... daylight does actually last hours. Play the game at night, it's night time, play it during the day it's day time.

If the game required you to do certain things at night time, and other things in the day, then I think that would be stupid.

Lets pretend you've gotta few things to do in the daylight, to advance to the next temple, and you only have time to play the game at night, how am I supposed to get to the next Temple then? - Unless of course it doesn't matter when you do things, but I still think your idea is pretty pointless.

The day and night system is fine the way it is. Some kind of ability to speed up time, would have been nice though.

Just an idea mate, nothing more.

They'd obviously tailor the game to fit the new time-scale.

Mabye if they made a load of sidequests revolve around it, but it wouldnt work for the story imo. I'd love to see a Majoras Mask style time system again!

that would be anoying because some people can only play at certain times of the day

and i agree that a sun song would be nice.