NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Zelda needs a video room to see cutscenes after beating the game, a sound room would also be nice, and a boss and minigames warp would also be nice (specially since some of them are not replayable without starting over...

I agree!!!

That would've just been annoying and unnecessary I think. I'm happy with the way they did it. =3

Once again, I'm just putting ideas forward.

Zelda needs a video room to see cutscenes after beating the game, a sound room would also be nice, and a boss and minigames warp would also be nice (specially since some of them are not replayable without starting over...

Definately.

Well, I'm up to having three quarters of the mirror now and I'm still loving the game... and still getting to know my way around Hyrule Field.

The level I just did was really good, I'd spent time using the fortune teller to give me love readings, and so I'd got a few extra hearts added to the roster. Controlling the statues and all was good fun, and like every level so far, there have been puzzles that seem like dead ends... yet a moments inspiration is all it takes - and you feel like a prat for not doing it straight away.

I wish I could get hints about where to find Poes and bugs, like I can with the heart pieces. Maybe fish too, but I've not gone after them yet so maybe they arent too bad to catch.

Haha and playing hide and seek with the cats was cool too. Funny the way it was introduced like the village section was - "There are 30... no 20 cats... " I appreciated that. :hehe:

Just completed my second run, have to say that I absolutely adore this game!

Took me just over 50 hours (which is the same as my first run, so 100 hours total), but I got every heart piece, golden bug, poe soul and all the fish - including the Hylian Loach in the fishing hole!

Superb game game, above Ocarina in my opinion, maybe even above A Link To The Past (I'll wait until I've completed that on the VC before making a final judgement)!

Just be extremely thorough!

The bugs are easiest to spot at night (and then even easier again if you use wolf Links senses), they make a tingling noise when you are near them and they come in pairs (so you'll find both male and female varieties in the same area)!

As for the poes, just try to find any hard to reach ledges. Look for large dig holes (usually in the middle of a circle of rocks/grass) that take you into an underground area as there are a couple hidden in these. Temples 4 (the four big ones), 5, 6 and 7 all have poes in them (I can tell you how many in each if you want). Some are quit hard to find though!

Heart pieces - remember that there's two of them in every dungeon (apart from the final one), some of the ones outside will have a hawk circling somewhere above them.

If you want the fish chart complete then you can catch them all in the fishing hole (they only get added to the chart if you use your own rod - not lure fishing when you're in the boat) - the Hylian Loach can only be caught in one season (the seasons change each time you enter the fishing hole), but you can find this out if you look at the books in Hena's hut - yo0u also need the frog lure (complete roalgoal 1-8) or the sinking lure)!

Thats just about everything!

Thanks for the tips. I'm yet to venture in the fishing hole yet - might try that out next, there's no rush to getting that final mirror piece and ending the game, now is there?

I think did Agatha say that the bugs can be found near each other? Even so, I've only got one of some of them. Poe wise, I must have about thirty - I just catch em if I come across them like. However, I have got some from the levels you mentioned as well as ledges and holes around Hyrule. Its too big though!

I've about 15 hearts at the min, which in my opinion isnt bad going. I've never got all twenty before - or have I? Maybe I did, is it Ocarina or Majora where if you get them all that you get even stronger? Or was that just through one of the Great Fairies? I just cant mind!

In Ocarina you got the damage you received halved by a great fairy.

I always set aside time between dungeons to look for new things (apart from the bugs which I found fairly easily as I went along) - I suggest that once you complete a dungeon have a quick run round to see if you can access any new areas of Hyrule - The Spinner, Ball and Chain and Dominion Rod all lead to new heart pieces being accessible!

I spent about 5 hours fishing one day - took me that long to get the frog and sinking lures and find, then catch the Hylian Loach, you'll also find another very easy heart piece!

In OOT I kept on losing to the boss and having to go back to the beginning.

But that's why Nintendo designed the dungeons in Ocarina in such a way that the boss room is just by the entrance of the dungeon. This is true for a majority of the dungeons: Inside Deku Tree, Dodongo Cavern, Inside Lord Jabu Jabu, Forest Temple, Fire Temple (especially this one...), Water Temple and Shadow Temple. This one (Shadow) might be the one in which the boss is further away from the entrance. There is a shortcut to the boat (a false floor that the Lens of Truth reveals) but what makes it long is the boat trip... That was annoying cause Bongo Bongo is also an annoying boss in which it's pretty easy to miss an arrow to the hands due to the drumming... Damn, this boss is hilariously ridiculous. :D

That only leaves the Spirit Temple out, and that's because I honestly don't remember this dungeon's layout all that well....

In fact, wait, I think there is a trick that you activate, a lift in the very first room of the Spirit Temple that takes you up to the giant statue room, that is actually the entrance to the boss room (through the face of the statue). So I guess that actually means all the main dungeons have the boss room quite near the entrance. Only Ganon's Castle makes you climb the stairs all the way each time you lose (I think).

why hasn't this been locked yet

Why do you feel the need to question the mods about locking a thread or not. The fact that people are still talking about it should be an obvious clue that there's still room for discussion, no?

As amazing as MM was... I think they missed a trick. I'm fine with items surviving going back in time etc... but not Boss masks, especially since the bosses are alive again every time you go back to the beginning of the first day.

With the system that lets you warp straight into the bosses chamber I think you should have had to re-do all 4 bosses one last time on the same day... therefore getting all their remains + awakening all the giants on the same day.

It certainly would have given you a much greater sense of achievement. I don't mind how they did it but it would have been great to fight the boss once to get a taste of it and then warping back on the last day to fight it one last time (maybe with increased difficulty too).

I'm feeling really pitty for the Japanese, not having the owl saves in Majora's Mask. It must have bein very rough. I don't mind the save system and the 'hold on to precious items' thing. Except the wait - those last five minutes before midnight third day are just too long...

And aren't most of Twilight Princess' bosses near or close to the entrance of the dungeon? Let's see if I remember... First temple: three rooms in between, quickly and easely solved and passed - except for those ridiculous monkeys who always seemed to make me jump a tad to late and drop into the deep. The second... three rooms (I think) to pass before you're with the boss:. The third was close, just three rooms away (again). The fourth was, again, three or four rooms away. The fifth... One room, not? The sixth, can't really remember. Actually, I'm not continuing this - they're al pretty close come to think of it.

Yeah, only that awesome boss of Arbiter's Grounds required some travelling. The rest of the temples were quite easily travelling.

Also, I can't see why any of the bosses would Game Over you. The game's easy.

Also, I can't see why any of the bosses would Game Over you. The game's easy.
Zelda needs a hard mode.

I actually select the ordonian sword in Hyrule Field just so the enemies last a little longer, with the master sword they just die of the first attack almost, there's no room left for "finishing moves"

Nothing wrong with the battle system, as always, just the difficulty.

The temple Puzzles were for the most part challenging and "just right" though. (IMO that is)

Zelda needs a hard mode.

I actually select the ordonian sword in Hyrule Field just so the enemies last a little longer, with the master sword they just die of the first attack almost, there's no room left for "finishing moves"

Nothing wrong with the battle system, as always, just the difficulty.

The temple Puzzles were for the most part challenging and "just right" though. (IMO that is)

Try your ass on the frickin' Master Quest. I stopped playing it after the first puzzle, because I played Ocarina too long ago to be able to play that one easely... Now that's Ocarine of Time in Hard mode.

Try your ass on the frickin' Master Quest. I stopped playing it after the first puzzle, because I played Ocarina too long ago to be able to play that one easely... Now that's Ocarine of Time in Hard mode.
I did, the enemies and bosses had the same dificulty though; wouldn't it be nice if every zelda had a "diferent dungeon" mode like that after you first ended it?

I understand why it's not being done though, it gives a load of work.

For me... just the enemies taking longer to kill and more difficult bosses would do it.

Even WW had some ending bonus, should be standard.

Note: Merged the thread about the "save system" into here, the offical Z:TP thread

Note: Merged the thread about the "save system" into here, the offical Z:TP thread

Twas the right thing to do.

Is it me or does the orange Kakariko always look like its sunset?

Am I the only one who is just crazy about the Temple Of Time music?

I also love the game because of stars. I know it seems stupid, but Ocarina didn't have em, and Nintendo have checked the night sky just to make sure they're in the right place. That is why i love nights. Oh yeah, and they twinkle too.

I also love the game because of stars. I know it seems stupid, but Ocarina didn't have em, and Nintendo have checked the night sky just to make sure they're in the right place. That is why i love nights. Oh yeah, and they twinkle too.
Still not as good as Wind Waker nights; go to windfall island at night, use the telescope and zoom the maximum you're allowed too.

Stars are in real 3D in that game, hundreds of detailed stars with twink animations, awesome sight.

You should really check out The Wind Waker's night sky; it's even better than Twilight's.

I'm kind of wishing the next Zelda is cel-shaded again, as I actually prefer TWW's visual style over TP's, but I think chances are pretty slim.

Yeah, but in this cell-shaded game thet should actually include Hyrule and say bye-bye to the great sea.

I would LOVE to see Hyrule cell-shaded. Oh, yeah, WW night sky is also great. I love the Dragon Roost Island music. Play it now and remind yourselves...

You should really check out The Wind Waker's night sky; it's even better than Twilight's.

I'm kind of wishing the next Zelda is cel-shaded again, as I actually prefer TWW's visual style over TP's, but I think chances are pretty slim.

I totally agree with you on the cel-shaded front. It's anyone's guess what the new zelda will look/play like, seen as TP was the last 'conventional' zelda. Maybe they'll implement some multiplayer action into the next game in the franchise.