NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Zelda: wolf howling scenes... good or pointless?

I thought the secret skills part of the game was excellent as was finding the golden wolf. Thought the actual howling part a bit odd though.

pointless.

Or could be better. It lacks something to be really good. It was a good idea.

Oh and the guy who teaches the attacks....I'd love to fight it :)

Yeah the skull man was very cool, like the teacher aspect to him, great stuff. Would have liked to see more closure though at the end and a final skill that's actually good.

How disappointing was the spin attack??

Have to admit I got excited when I saw captures of the wolf whistling before the game was released, thought it would be a musical element like in OOT/MM/WW but I guess not :(

Spin attack was great. It was the game I used it more. And I just played the GC version :)

The wolf was cool, but te way you played songs was really bad. I want a ocarina again :p

(or guitar or drums... yeah MM I'm looking to you :) )

What a bunch of hypocrits. I'm sorry to break the mood, but every time somebody 'changes' the topic everyone just seems to go with it in a forced way. No natural mvoement at all. Very odd. You're all acting as if you don't know that this is the 'accuse-the-portugese, kill the zelda-lovers, spread-my-opinion-Bush-wise-(incl.-war)'-thread(1). Ah well, if it's forced, I'm willing to give it a go too.

I found it incredibly hard to perform a spin attack. Just a little push doesn't do it. You need to shake your arms from the heart to the face of the person next to you. I'm glad because the loading time is afterwards instead of before - wich means you can't just be hit by enemies and have to restart the loading sequence while doing so. Top stuff.

(1) Sorry, Mods, to have brought that one up again. Edit my post if you please.

You just need to shake the nuchuck a little to do a spin attack, you might have a deffective one there, if you need to move it that much.

I usually do a 90 degree twist movement for the spin attack, as if the nunchuck was held normally in a vertical manner and them quickly laid down horizontally and back to normal (don't know if this explains it well), but always works flawless to me.

When people stop dragging this post off topic by calling me a fool because I don't like 4 Swords or saying that they didn't think I could come out with anything stupider... then we'll be making progress.

Some people just can't resist unfortunately.

The spin attack was very frustrating at times in TP until I mastered how to do it properly.

When people stop dragging this post off topic by calling me a fool because I don't like 4 Swords or saying that they didn't think I could come out with anything stupider... then we'll be making progress.

Some people just can't resist unfortunately.

The spin attack was very frustrating at times in TP until I mastered how to do it properly.

Wasn't pinpointing you Motion. Didn't want to hurt you. But will you stop adding stupid little remarks like 'The spin attack was very frustrating at times in TP until I mastered how to do it properly.' - you just make them up to stay 'on topic' even though you don't feel you should :wink:. But okay, I'll shut up about this now. I was jsut pointing out how forced the entire 'new topic' thing was. I tried it ocne and all the responses were consistent of one line or maybe two, just there because people want to svae the discussion. Saviour, my friends. Now continue chit-chatting even though just about everything has been said.

Eh??

Stupid little remarks? wtf? You go on and on about staying on topic yet criticise me when I try and do just that? Who are you to say that my comment about the spin attack was just a way of getting things back on topic? I was being completely serious, I think the spin attack WAS frustrating at first.

Ok let's try and get back to talking about Zelda in a way that's not quite so forced just to please Jasper. lol, this board is amazing sometimes.

Eh??

Stupid little remarks? wtf? You go on and on about staying on topic yet criticise me when I try and do just that? Who are you to say that my comment about the spin attack was just a way of getting things back on topic? I was being completely serious, I think the spin attack WAS frustrating at first.

Ok let's try and get back to talking about Zelda in a way that's not quite so forced just to please Jasper. lol, this board is amazing sometimes.

Want a hug?

No, people, don't do it to please me! I'm going to do it myself right now:

I'm not saying that your remark was wrong or made up or something - I was saying you added it without really feeling the need - you didn't want to reply on the 'Zelda'-subject, you wanted to reply to me. You are right, it needs some mastery, the spin-attack. Though I honestly am using mroe of the Hidden Skills than I originally thought I would. The final blow is funny stuff, and the rolling-to-side-attack-in-back-thing was one I used a lot for the man-to-man battle with ganondorf in Hyrule field. Spoiler, oops.

I'm playing this again, now. Going to do the cave of ordeals and just get heart pieces.

One thing that I noticed is that if you talk to the chickens in ordon village as a wolf, they talk about some 'cuckoo amusement in hyrule'. What do they mean by that?

Not sure Fierce but speaking of talking to animals...

Does anyone find talking to Epona as a wolf very weird?

Wouldn't be that weird dude up over lake Hylia would it? Where ride the cuckoos down through big symbols of monyez?

Wouldn't be that weird dude up over lake Hylia would it? Where ride the cuckoos down through big symbols of monyez?

Ahhhh. I did actually forget about that. Thanks, dude.

tell you what i disliked. the oocoo's are like advanced versions the cuckoo's right? how come they cant talk to wolf link, but cuckoo's can?

and yes, epona is VERY weird when speaking as a wolf.

It's dumb to not like Four Swords then is it?

A game that requires 3 friends, who each have the game?? Please note. I'm not talking about 4S Adventures.

Speaking of dumb... even if I was you were a good teacher Hellfire.

R-R-R-R-R-RETARD.

Four Swords the GBA game was a side-mode, a multiplayer adventure that worked in the exact same fucking way 90% of other GBA multiplayer games worked, with multicart. The game was primarily a Lttp port with an experiment tacked on. It let to Four Swords Adventures, which was amazing.

Why, exactly, shouldn't it have been made? Following your logic we'd never have videogames at all; the first was SpaceWar! which ran on a super computer at MIT. It was also made as an experiment with no commercial prospects in mind and not many people played it.

Firstly, your credibility has just gone down a couple of touches for resorting to petty name calling when none was necessary. Not to mention not being able to spell it properly, who's the retard now exactly?

What is it with this forum, everyone seems to attack other posters just because they have a different opinion on something!

I don't like Four Swords. It was a fun side note fine, but I'm sure that 95% of Zelda fans have never played it because the fact that it required 4 carts was stupid.

You don't like my view on Four Swords, you can fuck right off.

lol, am getting my mates to join the forum. I LOVE this game and am on the Palace Of Twilight (oops, spoilers). Getting the first ball from the hand was frustrsting, do I have to do it again? It's a crap idea, and Nintendo would be lazy repeating it. And go ahead, argue, I'll stay out for now, you wussys, just get back on target. (By the by, everyone already hates me, and I'm proud!)

lol, am getting my mates to join the forum. I LOVE this game and am on the Palace Of Twilight (oops, spoilers). Getting the first ball from the hand was frustrsting, do I have to do it again? It's a crap idea, and Nintendo would be lazy repeating it. And go ahead, argue, I'll stay out for now, you wussys, just get back on target. (By the by, everyone already hates me, and I'm proud!)

Didn't love that part, but it was a nice thing anyway. It was different than the others. but here's a good hint: you can stop the hand from moving towards the bal by timing your 'ball-placement' right. Then he will just keep hovering next to the wall that just popped out of the ground. And he won't get to you untill you delete the ball. Just try to do some things: ther's not really anything wrong. And there's a room with those clawshot-attachments on the ceiling. Now instead of using those, just drop it and run to where the stairs will come up, and you should be able to make it on the stairs before they raise. Just egenral hints and tips.

Don't hold your hopes up. I loved him - great battle - but some hate him. Just keep on slashing and using your entire bag of items.