NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Good spot, it does remind me of the ToT boss, perhaps it was an early build for how that boss battle would go, then later down the road they changed it.

I'm sure if you look through the early trailers you'll spot a few other things missing from the final game. Like in the first trailer shown that brilliant scene of an army of goblins/lizards marching from the horizon at sunset

Everybody mentions that scene - it's too bad that the story didn't involve such an epic battle between good and evil. Now I know what I want in the next Zelda: Link shouldn't be the only one fighting for good anymore. Everyone should be fighting. The best would be to make them change their hearts from affraid to courageous enough to take on the battle between good and evil in the middle of the game. All of a sudden, everybody is willing to help Link to save their world. Now that would be awesome.

Now that would be awesome.

What I would love is a massive battle near the end (i.e. Just before the "Ganon's castle" level) that Link takes part in, to distract people, allowing Link to get into Ganons Castle and confront Ganon.

I can't get into this game. I feel like if this wasn't Zelda, there's no way I'd even bother with it.

My game time so far is about 13 hours and I really have to force myself to play it. Has anyone else felt like it was a bit dull at first? Does it get better? Or is it just me not liking the game?

What part are you at in it?

People said that they felt it started off slow and it got better so they might be able to help you out more.

What part are you at in it?

People said that they felt it started off slow and it got better so they might be able to help you out more.

I'm in the twilight bit after the goron mines. I don't hate the game, but there are a lot of bits that really get on my nerves. I'm at that bit where you're controlling that weird bird thing which I hate. There are a few too many bits here I'm just glad it's over rather than enjoying the experience.

I'm in the twilight bit after the goron mines. I don't hate the game, but there are a lot of bits that really get on my nerves. I'm at that bit where you're controlling that weird bird thing which I hate. There are a few too many bits here I'm just glad it's over rather than enjoying the experience.

If you force yourself to play it, you'll be playing it for the sake of playing, rather than enjoyment. Thus, hate will follow.

Take a break, play something else. Then, just ease yourself gently back into it. There will be an amazing game waiting for you, if you do this.

I thought it started a bit tediously, then got brilliant, around about where you are... then went downhill as the game went on, but still pretty good.

I'd concur with Fierce's suggestion.

If you force yourself to play it, you'll be playing it for the sake of playing, rather than enjoyment. Thus, hate will follow.

Take a break, play something else. Then, just ease yourself gently back into it. There will be an amazing game waiting for you, if you do this.

This is actually what I did, I started, really loved up until 7 hours, then was bored for 3 hours then thought it was decent for 2 hours, now I'm bored.

Now my 360 is fecked though I'm going to play this and Red Steel a lot more.

I thought it started a bit tediously, then got brilliant, around about where you are... then went downhill as the game went on, but still pretty good.

I'd concur with Fierce's suggestion.

Oh god, here comes the second-part-of-the-crap-(did-I-say-crap-?-I-meant-game)-sucks-theory again.

If you're that far in the game, and you're not enjoying it, this game is probably not cut out for you. I liked the experience from beginning to end and it never felt like a forced or tacked on experience. Far from tedious to me - so I personally think you a) just don't like it b) are too influenced by the shattering words once spread amongst the users of this forum and now try to seek bad experience - I don't blame you, after that I'de expect you to act like that. Either of both.

Well, I mostly don't like the wolf sections. Temples are really good. Some Hyrule field exploring is annoying too. I loved Wind Waker but this and Ocarina... not so much.

Oh god, here comes the second-part-of-the-crap-(did-I-say-crap-?-I-meant-game)-sucks-theory again.

If you're that far in the game, and you're not enjoying it, this game is probably not cut out for you. I liked the experience from beginning to end and it never felt like a forced or tacked on experience. Far from tedious to me - so I personally think you a) just don't like it b) are too influenced by the shattering words once spread amongst the users of this forum and now try to seek bad experience - I don't blame you, after that I'de expect you to act like that. Either of both.

Oh god here's another of Jasper's-ten-million-word-long-lecture-that-takes-ages-to-read-even-though-

it-could-have-been-summed-up-in-one-sentence.

I was just letting him know what I thought.

Oh god here's another of Jasper's-ten-million-word-long-lecture-that-takes-ages-to-read-even-though-

it-could-have-been-summed-up-in-one-sentence.

I was just letting him know what I thought.

Let's hug.

I hate it when they fight :(

I'm not fighting, I'm hugging :wink:. Ah well, we all know his theory by now, that was the only thing I'm saying. And for my long-winded explainations, it's better to be clear than to be quire. (Okay, it rhymes - but that's it.) I'm just not the lad to delete half of it's post when he's writing because he has something better to say. Believe me, writing a lot is not a bad thing, motion. It's beats saying nothing. Ah well. Again, let's hug.

I can feel the love in this room with all this hugging!

...well, that and it's a Zelda topic... there's bound to be love in here!

Well, I mostly don't like the wolf sections. Temples are really good. Some Hyrule field exploring is annoying too. I loved Wind Waker but this and Ocarina... not so much.

I thought the wolf sections were going to turn out like crud, but I ended up enjoying them quite a lot. They just seem pretty fun, to me.

Some people really hate this game, but I love it to bits. I'm hoping to get a second run through started soon.

I always wait a year or so for my second run, because by that time other games will make me forget about the game, and then I'll love it as if it was new :smile:

I always wait a year or so for my second run, because by that time other games will make me forget about the game, and then I'll love it as if it was new :smile:

Tried that with ocarina - it didn't work out so well, because I remember things to easely. Time to downgrade my memory, then.

If I really enjoy a game I never forget exactly how to complete it the next time round no matter how long afterwards.

I remember every part of Twilight Princess maticulously, interestingly.

I've lent my wii to somebody and I'm slightly missing the whole experience :(

Yeah my second run as straight after I comepleted it the first time and it was better the second time round.

I know this is a cliche but I do think the first half is better only because you know exactly what you are doing.

What I hated was when the bald guy in Lake Hylia says something like "Well I guess you're going to go and investigate the desert aren't you Link?" Er...well...no not really but seeing as it looks like that's part of the map i've not been and you're telling me to go...fine, bring out the cannon....

Yeah my second run as straight after I comepleted it the first time and it was better the second time round.

I know this is a cliche but I do think the first half is better only because you know exactly what you are doing.

What I hated was when the bald guy in Lake Hylia says something like "Well I guess you're going to go and investigate the desert aren't you Link?" Er...well...no not really but seeing as it looks like that's part of the map i've not been and you're telling me to go...fine, bring out the cannon....

I'm not going to digg out yet another nitty remark on behalf of the first-half-second-half people. :wink:

Enough fighting over that - I have to say that i just don't agree. Yes, the entire story is so pushed towards the end but the experience is still great. It's a great game and even the battle with Ganondorf is sublime. It's better than the one we had in Ocarina of Time, even though I'm still not out of that yet - I have the feeling that it's better. But I'm not going for a second run yet - I tried, but the second time you see al the text again it gets boring. I'll be waiting for somewhere in the coming four years to replay.

I'm not going to digg out yet another nitty remark on behalf of the first-half-second-half people. :wink:

Enough fighting over that - I have to say that i just don't agree. Yes, the entire story is so pushed towards the end but the experience is still great. It's a great game and even the battle with Ganondorf is sublime. It's better than the one we had in Ocarina of Time, even though I'm still not out of that yet - I have the feeling that it's better. But I'm not going for a second run yet - I tried, but the second time you see al the text again it gets boring. I'll be waiting for somewhere in the coming four years to replay.

Just to clarify I had no opinion on a first half vs. second half until I checked out messages boards after I had finished it. It's just that the example I mentioned always sticks out.

Just to clarify I had no opinion on a first half vs. second half until I checked out messages boards after I had finished it. It's just that the example I mentioned always sticks out.

It's nice to see that there are still honest, pure people uninfluenced by society. You're an innocent lad. just like a eight-year old kid. Although they can do one heck of a damage.

I was thinking about a new angle for the Zelda-games. Maybe it would be possible to see the great war just before Ocarina of Time - you could meet a young Ganondorf and see the next hero being brought to Kokiri Forest. I would love to see them meeting the young ones. Maybe an innocent, friendly Ganondorf that turned evil after the war. Like Lex Luthor in Smallvile starting out as a friend and slowly turning bad. It would give it a good new angle.

Which war are you tlaking about? You mean the war that the deku tree talks about in OoT or the Great War mentioned in LTTP among others? I have a feeling 'the Great War' takes place during OoT.

I also don't like the idea of prequels to OoT. I like to think that Link was the first one. That might be why I dislike Minish Cap so much.

Which war are you tlaking about? You mean the war that the deku tree talks about in OoT or the Great War mentioned in LTTP among others? I have a feeling 'the Great War' takes place during OoT.

I also don't like the idea of prequels to OoT. I like to think that Link was the first one. That might be why I dislike Minish Cap so much.

Comepletely agree with you - OOT Link HAS to be the first, and I don't like how WW and TP have all been sort of like reincarnations of him. It always reminds me of The Matrix when I think of it like that.