Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Red Steel Thread

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't use it once, for anyone that did, did it help them clear certain areas easier?

Around 5 times I got rid of a large batch of guards with one shot. (disarming the leader). And I usually use it when a number of guards get quite close to me.

Try to crouch a lot and get somewhere where you can't be hit when you need to replenish your health. And don't zoom in too close with the sniperrifle, you won't see who's actually shooting at you then.

Hope that helped. ::shrug:

It's a lot like real life, you gotta find cover.

Even when Im in cover, its as if the bullets come through it :hmm:

ah well, I'll do it sometime

I used the focus mode in my first run through the game when everything got really crazy in gun fights, its pretty useful and its actually quite cool.

I bearly even need to use this at all now along side any zoom function. I'm getting head shots with pistols all over the place now, really with the grips of the controls near 100%.

Guest Stefkov

wierd. On the docks level I came up to a bit where there were two enemies. I stood there and aimed, without holding down A. Just stood there and shot them both in the head. They hit me once maybe.

Really wierd, I thought that it was a bit easy and silly just to do that.

Still haven't played this properly yet. I had been putting it off until I finished Zelda (which I've done now) but still haven't gone back to it. I must admit I found it difficult to control and it has put me off playing it. I must play it soon and try to get to grips with the controls.

If your at the bit with the door, with the sniper rifle just accross the other side of the room, go get the sniper rifle, and run back to the door, and keep searching with the sniper rifle untill you get hit, then run back behind the door untill you find them. Takes a while, but it works when you find them. Make sure you zoom out at first too.

Anyone know what accuracy % you need for an A rating?

I just beat the Angel's Heaven level on my 2nd run through the game and had a 27% accuracy. It was only good enough for a D rating.:shock:

On the plus side, it was my first level where I ever got a Warrior rank.

Rented this game online and wasn't too sure what to expect, but so far I'm loving it. Great graphics, excellent action and I don't see the problem with the controls? Wish i'd brought it now instead of rented but still can keep it till its complete then send it back. Only done the first few levels though, does it really get bad?

The first few levels are the worst parts of the game.

Agreed, it only gets better after that. I love the second part of the game, the last few levels are getting quite tricky actually. There's too much tutorial in the first few levels for my liking.

As for focus modes, it's quite handy. I use it more than i used to. Simply disarm the leader and you're done. Very cool. But then again, it's cooler to blast those bastards away in a heated gunfight hehe.

I got a few A ratings for accuracy now. I believe it was over 50%. My best one is 74% (really sparse one shooting people). Also, my current level is Lv.9 (Master, if Im not mistaken)! One more to go to reach the top level :)

SPOILER

I was 70% ish through the game when instead of going to Harry's bar i had a look around the dojo and met a guy who took me on the last level, i completed the game got the end titles but now they are stuck in a loop and keep repeating, even if i switch the wii off and reload my 72% save it goes straight to the end title which keeps repeating so i've had to start again. has this happened to anybody else ? Still love the game with it's little glitches

even if i switch the wii off and reload my 72% save it goes straight to the end title which keeps repeating so i've had to start again. has this happened to anybody else ? Still love the game with it's little glitches

Use the "replay level" option, you've completed the story (hence why the game doesn't any new levels). I think replaying levels and getting high rankings earns you up to 105% completion.

I can't believe why this game got so slated in the reviews? Did the reviewers only play the first portions of the game which are admittedly quite mediocre? Some of the later levels are freaking awesome! Okay, the controls can glitch every now and then and you can 'lose' where the screen is sometimes resulting in spinning but they're a hell of a lot better than a normal console FPS! Not completed this yet (I'm restricting myself to a level a day) but already I can't wait for Red Steel 2!

Okay, the controls can glitch every now and then and you can 'lose' where the screen is sometimes resulting in spinning but they're a hell of a lot better than a normal console FPS! !

I have 7 hours of game and that never happened to me. I'm seriously enjoying this game. A lot more than Halo 1. (I'm talking about singleplayer people.)

Not only are the new type of controls with the wiimote much more satisfying, hearing the gun reload and whatnot in your hands gives you a great feeling. Also, the level design is pretty good, with atention to detail and very different from most FPS out there.

I'm really liking Red Steel, had a go at the first level this afternoon, finished that then had a crack at the second but I couldn't protect the lobby. Then I quit to come on here. I think it's a really decent game although I've had a few glitches.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!