NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Your Favourite Christmas Movie

I've always loved Santa Claus the movie, Scrooge is great too.

Best Chrismtas Movie Ever!

I also enjoy Gremlins and The Snowman - though that's more of a short film.

The Great Esacpe, Jingle All The Way, Muppet Christmas Carol, Oliver Twist (Musical) and possibly Shrek/Toy Story.

New York, New Yoooooooooork!

That was Gremlins 2. Not Christmas themed or as magical, but still contained some of the best animatronic work I've ever seen. Nightmare before Christmas is a fantastic holiday movie and it doesn't feel like Christmas without seeing Back to the Future on TV at least once.

Muppet Christmas Carol had better be on, as well as Treasure Island. Both are great.

Very true. :) Scrooged with Bill Murray. And Ghostbusters, strangely.

I always think of Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are New Year films. I think that's pretty much down to the end of Ghostbusters 2, with the crowd singing next to the fallen Statue of liberty.

I have them both on dvd, so i may watch them. That's if they're not shown on tv anyway.

The Grinch (Jim Carrey) I hate Miracle on 34th, because i really hate that girl.

I don't get why people like Shrek, I think it's rubbish.

Not only that, but the way people insist on sitting through it again and again. I remember so many times at end of school term/coach journeys and stuff Shrek would always come on and i'd be like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't get why people like Shrek, I think it's rubbish.

Not only that, but the way people insist on sitting through it again and again. I remember so many times at end of school term/coach journeys and stuff Shrek would always come on and i'd be like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Brilliant, im not the only one.

Shrek 2 was great however. Puss in boots is great

Dreamworks 3d films in general are terrible.

A Christmas Story

Goodfellas, aswell, which could be counted as a Christmas movie, to a certain extent.

I would have to agree this is a great christmas movie.

My favourite Christmas film, by far, is A Muppets Christmas Carol.:D

That film has made my birthday for many years. I was chuffed to see it on channel 5 on 24th, then I checked another rag today, and said it wasn't on.

My hopes and dreams shattered before me in an instant. Its not been on crap mans tv for the last two years.. It didn't even grace my 18th.. gutted.

Muppets Christmas Carol is also my favourite btw. Followed by the original Santa Claus the movie.

Home Alone( 1 and 2) because lets face it after 2 the franchise went down hill, with 3, 4 and I think they were doing a number 5

Die Hard... great Christmas film. It's usually always on. I'll agree with Zelda Freak on Home Alone too. So many I could mention but just can't remember, usually just random 80's kids films they always show. Willow springs to mind.

The Snowman and also I think it's called Father Christmas (done by the same people anyway). He's great in that.

I have a few...

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

This is a classic purely for the sledge scene. There are many a laugh out moment in this flick and I watch it every year.

Scrooged.

Another Billy Murray classic. The modern day take on the classic story is hilarious, especially the Taxi Driver..." ITS A BOOOOOOONE YOU LUCKY DOG!"

Santa Claus The Movie

For a feel good film it doesnt get better than this old skool flick. I used to watch this every Christmas a s a kid but havent seen it for years. The whole loop de loop bit at the end made my day as a kid and I will always remember John Lithgow bad guy character.

Home Alone 1+2

None of that 3 and 4 rubbish just the originals here. Marv and Harry are simply funny as hell in both of these films. Come Christmas time at work me and a mate of mine always quote both of these flicks. Funniest part for me is in the 2nd film when Marv gets electrocuted by the taps and turns into a skeleton, his screams are hilarious.

EDIT: Heres a bunch of Clips from the Home Alone flicks, 1:14 in and you get to see the Marv scream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m0lo5BvwwA

Scrooged, Santa Clause, Home Alone 1 & 2, Die Hard, Nightmare Before Christmas, can't seem to think of anymore...

It's a Wonderful Life. Without a doubt.

Cheesy as anything, but it's easily the most goodwilled and magical christmas film i've ever seen.

national lampoon's christmas vacation

Brilliant, im not the only one.

Shrek 2 was great however. Puss in boots is great

Dreamworks 3d films in general are terrible.

shrek one was better than 2.i thought they were great but not as good as the mighty disney films

It's a tradition for me, my dad and brother to sit down and watch Enter the Dragon (we're martial art whores).

Oh and Beethoven.

Christmas films lost their novelty last year for me when my parents kind of gave up making an effort (im 17, they had an excuse lol)

But Jingle all the way is my Favourite, mainly because i can remeber going to see it on Christmas eve at the Cinemas, plus the film didnt have any kind of morales whatsoever, their Christmas message? Send bombs in Christmas wrapping paper so you can buy a toy for your kid who will probably never love you again if you dont.

Oh, nice to see you all again btw

It's a Wonderful Life. Without a doubt.

Cheesy as anything, but it's easily the most goodwilled and magical christmas film i've ever seen.

Made me smile

Sign in to follow this