NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Your Favourite Christmas Movie

What are your favourite Christmas movies? I've just decorated the tree whilst watching Muppets Christmas Carol, which is a brilliant movie. I'm about to watch the Santa Claus aswell, which is also very good.

Also, who do you think of when you hear Santa mentioned? I see Richard Attenborough, always.

My favourite Christmas film, by far, is A Muppets Christmas Carol.

Did i tell you i was the ghost of christmas present?!

:D

Muppet Christmas Carol or Jingle All The Way.

The first is a true classic.

The Karate Kid on Christmas Eve is an institution, as is The Never-Ending Story a few days afterwards.

The Karate Kid on Christmas Eve is an institution, as is The Never-Ending Story a few days afterwards.

I just watched all three karate kid films a few months ago. I think watching all 3 in a marathon on christmas eve would suit me just fine.

Also, it's been years since i've seen the never-ending story.

"Here comes Mr. Humbug, here comes Mr. Grim! If they gave a prize for being mean, the winner would be him!"

I've just looked into my memory banks and almost all Christmas movies are wonderful: Nightmare Before Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, Santa Claus 1 and 2 (by the way, anyone seen 3?).

Gremlins always.

New York, New Yoooooooooork!

I just watched all three karate kid films a few months ago. I think watching all 3 in a marathon on christmas eve would suit me just fine.

Also, it's been years since i've seen the never-ending story.

Was that on TV or do you own them?

I forgot Jason and the Argonauts, and to a lesser extent Clash of the Titans.

Does Die Hard count? If not, it's a dead heat between Muppet Christmas Carol and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Was that on TV or do you own them?

I forgot Jason and the Argonauts, and to a lesser extent Clash of the Titans.

It was on tv, can't remember which channel. Watched it with my brother, who's also very into the films. :)

I think Home Alone would also count as a Christmas film.

Cant believe its taken down to post no.12 and gaggle to mention the Nightmare Before Christmas. Clearly one of the greatest films ever, and probably the best Christmas one there is... except I cant think of anything else at the moment.

Miracle on 34th Street was pretty decent in its day.

NBC though beats everything! :santa:

Does Die Hard count?

I would say it does, infact I was going to say it was mine :santa:

DieHard definitely counts. To be honest, it's something I'd watch on New Year's Eve, rather than Christmas Eve.

Whichever eve, it's all good.

Die Hard. There is no christmas without watching this film with either family or friends, pissed off your rocker and laughing your ass off when McClane blows the nakatomi with a pound of C4 and shouts "Oh SHIT!"

Best christmas movie. With a Vengeance is still my favourite though.

They often show my favourite movie of all time at christmas too; Back to the future.

I'm going to introduce my family to the awesomeness that is spirited away too (and speaking of spirited away, what happened to that particular forum member who was named after that film...?)

Die Hard. There is no christmas without watching this film with either family or friends, pissed off your rocker and laughing your ass off when McClane blows the nakatomi with a pound of C4 and shouts "Oh SHIT!"

I've never heard of anyone watching Die Hard at Christmas before..

Me...well, I'm not really one for Christmas films...

Die Hard tbh.

PS. they play it every Christmas/Boxing Day on UK TV.

Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters Inc. are the BBC's films this year. I've not seen either.

A Christmas Story

Goodfellas, aswell, which could be counted as a Christmas movie, to a certain extent.

The great escape is pretty crazy...It's been a looong time since I saw it. Didn't they finish it on a cliffhanger (literally) because they didn't have the budget to complete it?

Didn't they finish it on a cliffhanger (literally) because they didn't have the budget to complete it?

I think that was The Italian Job (tho I have never seen the Great Escape, so could be both)

It's funny that someone mentions the great escape. I saw an old woman on a motorcycle the other day, and i pointed to her (yes, pointed) and said to my girlfriend "that's steve mcqueen!"

We both had a roffle.

Sign in to follow this