N-Europe

No More Heroes

Smiter

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought this game some months ago, only now tried it.

Its pretty average overall, but maybe the sequel with the 1:1 controls will change that.

It will be pretty awesome have a 1:1 gruesome killings, like cutting someone in half and then cutting the head and then cutting everything in a vertical motion.

Anyways, altough the game is average, the bosses are pretty cool, once again, fighting them with 1:1 would be awesome

^ The sequel isn't using MotionPlus so no 1:1. Yet the game doesn't need it as all attacks are button based (thankfully) and only finishers are motion based. It's the best setup and why anyone would want 1:1 fighting for the sequel knowing how the game plays out is beyond me.

• 1 month later...

Beat the game the other day and it was fantastic!! Clocked in at around 14hrs... far more than I was expecting from it.

Loved the real ending aswell!! Can't wait for the sequel now.

It's quite possibly my favourite Wii game (behind the likes of Wii Sports for their multiplayer fun and replayability).

I've often found myself getting a bit bored by games lately (Grand Slam Tennis, Madworld, Umbrella Chronicles...), but this just sucked me in and I loved every minute of it!!

All the different characters, settings, scenarios are just awesome, the storys good enough, and I even ended up loving driving round the hub world etc... and especially so after I figured out new moves for the motorbike I wasn't previously aware of that meant I could just tear it round corners, do 360's, U-turns etc...

There was a sense that the game had been rushed towards the end because the 'levels' leading up to bosses seemed to become shorter and then pretty much disappear, just become a fight on a bus ride or driving your bike around the baseball field etc... but I didn't really mind. Because overall it was fantastic!

The Rank 1 fight against 'her' seemed a bit to easy though in comparison to a few fights leading up to it, but the 'real ending' made up for it. Shame you didn't get to fight the black knight though... he looked cool!

Question... is their a further beam katana for beating the game on all modes or anything? I keep getting the response '...Of course it's not ready yet'. Is this because it's unlockable or is it just teasing for the sequel?

Edited by Retro_Link

Question... is their a further beam katana for beating the game on all modes or anything? I keep getting the response '...Of course it's not ready yet'. Is this because it's unlockable or is it just teasing for the sequel?

If you've seen the real ending, then you already have all the katanas.

Does the '...Of course it's not ready yet' come from Naomi? Because then it's probably just an oversight by the developers.

• 1 month later...

Xbox360 & PS3 gets No More Heroes : Heroes Paradise

Information:

• Port of NMH
  • For Xbox360/PS3
  • Feb 25 2010
  • 5, 800 Yen
  • Japanese dubbing
  • Advance Mode added
  • Very sweet mode added
  • Erotic Portrait added [Pre-order Bonuses]

Scans

17454461550122579lo.th.jpg17461462220122205lo.th.jpg

This week's Famitsu reveals No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, a PS3 and Xbox 360 remake of the original 2007 No More Heroes title. In addition to updated visuals, the remake includes Japanese language voiceovers, selectable alongside the the English voiceovers of the original.

HD gamers also have a new unlockable mode to look forward to. Known as "Very Sweet Mode, this mode changes all the female characters' costumes into sexy form -- skimpy bathing suits, cheerleader outfits, and so-forth. The girls appear in this form during both gameplay and non gameplay sequences.

The game will also see control changes -- expected since there's no more Wiimote. While not providing specifics, Famitsu says to expect a better feel of action. Details will be shared in a future update.

This HD remake of No More Heroes will arrive on February 25, priced at ¥5,800 -- a couple of thousand yen lower than most high profile third party titles.

Marvelous will be including an "Erotica Portrait" bonus item for those who pre-order. This collection of sexy portraits will differ depending on your platform. PS3 owners will get "Sexy Cherry" flavor. Xbox 360 buyers will get "Sweet Mango" flavor.

Edited by Dante

That new mode isn't needed in the slightest. The characters already show up in such outfits (or no outfits at all) during the story on the Wii version, I can barely even think where such a mode could be implemented!

Be interesting to see how the visuals look.

The game was already laregly a button masher on Wii, so that will be carried over to a standard pads, however you won't get that beoken up my the fun 'motion' wrestling moves, or the mobile phone Wiimote etc... which was great!

Having just been looking at some comparison shots, I have to say that the art style seems closer to the upcoming sequel with regards to it's use of colours and finer detail.
Huh! looking at those I don't really see that the visual 'upgrades' makes much difference at all to the look. If anything I prefer the Wii version in the windmill shot, and other than a few more fancy details, not alot of difference elsewhere.