NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

Is everyone still in hiding? It just needs populating surely?

I guess Travis has killed everyone already.

i just found out about this game a couple of days ago, although i seem to remember gaggle64 showing me the first trailer quite a while ago. I'll be buying this for sure if its released in the UK

"Moeee..."

"I'm running late for my facial. I'll catch up with you later."

"What?!"

:laughing:

This game is going to be awesome, I love the humour, these couple of seconds of footage now totally sold me on the game. I mean, you save by taking a dump! How brilliant is that?!

TGS '07 Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25412.html

Hell yeah!

The deaths have just been altered to this for the Japan version right???!!!!!!

(just like how Resi 4 etc... was toned down for Japan)

EDIT: nevermind just found this...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8655/

Nintendo News | Ubisoft Adopts Travis Touchdown

Players worried about toned down content in the west can rest assured that Ubisoft aim to bring the game in its entirety to the US, expecting an 'M' for Mature rating.

No More Heroes is due in February 2008.

03dh6.jpg
"We've been expecting you Mr. Anderson"

About the world map, I think it will be about the same size as the one in Headhunter (on DC, for those whi've played it), and riding around that on your motorbike was ample enough!

Rising Star are publishing the game in Europe in Feb '08 - well last time I was on their site they said they were unless Ubi Soft step in and take it off them (go to risingstargames.com and click the 'About Us' tab). Would Rising Star release the game uncensored I wonder?:confused:

Rising Star are publishing the game in Europe in Feb '08 - well last time I was on their site they said they were unless Ubi Soft step in and take it off them (go to risingstargames.com and click the 'About Us' tab). Would Rising Star release the game uncensored I wonder?:confused:
Ubisoft must just be handling the US release then?!

I think we will get the full version.

It it's cartoon violence or violence against Zombies/Possessed Humans it'll be fine.

None of it will get censored. Though I have to say i'm quite hyped up about this game aswell everytime I see some footage.

I remember the first trailer (it got removed soon after) and I was sold. Looking forward to this. It just looks like a good game with wit in it, which there should be more off.

Apparently the game is banned in Germany.

And a friend told me that theres a section where a guy fires a laser from his crotch.

IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZR!

And a friend told me that theres a section where a guy fires a laser from his crotch.

IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZR!

SHOOP DA WOOP!

I do that too!

Hands-on Impression:

n897120544_1289390_7691.jpg

To day I got to test NMH. It was great. The game look crisp and clear and I love the artstyle. The short demo starts with travis siting on the toliet, and you then procede to a closed area where you have to fight difrent enemies and at the end you get to fight a boss fight. It`s the blue falcon looking guy that shoots lazers form his croch. (I think he is the second boss in the full game)The game handles well altough not at all like I tought it did. But thats only a good thing.

You move with the analog stick. Lock onto enemies with the left trigger, Select fighting/blocking stance by holding the Wiimote upwards or downwards. Press A to attack with normal attacks. Hold B while pressing a for hard attacks and flick the nuncuhck for a jumping beam slash. When locked onto an enemy the D-pad becomes dodgeing directions. If you`re not locked to an enemy it will turn the camera.

If your enemy has low life you`ll get the chanse to do a finnishing move and If you stunn an enemy you can grapple him by pressing B. Both those special moves will start an sequence where you move the wii mote and nunhcuck like shown on screen. Unfortunatly this isn`t allways as responsive as it should and you end up having to repeate the movement or lose the grapple.

That mistake aside the game is awesome. Great visual style, good music and a lot of humor makes this game a must own game for me. It also looks and feels a whole lot more accsesible than Killer7 was.

I love the style and the idea behind this and Killer 7. But as much as I respect their intentions, I can't look past how 1 dimensional the gameplay is.

They say graphics don't matter, but if this didn't have its style going for it... I doubt many people would even consider playing it.

Though, I'm basing all that on Killer 7. It would be awesome if NMH had more in-depth gameplay.

Hands-on Impression:

To day I got to test NMH. It was great. The game look crisp and clear and I love the artstyle. The short demo starts with travis siting on the toliet, and you then procede to a closed area where you have to fight difrent enemies and at the end you get to fight a boss fight. It`s the blue falcon looking guy that shoots lazers form his croch. (I think he is the second boss in the full game)The game handles well altough not at all like I tought it did. But thats only a good thing.

You move with the analog stick. Lock onto enemies with the left trigger, Select fighting/blocking stance by holding the Wiimote upwards or downwards. Press A to attack with normal attacks. Hold B while pressing a for hard attacks and flick the nuncuhck for a jumping beam slash. When locked onto an enemy the D-pad becomes dodgeing directions. If you`re not locked to an enemy it will turn the camera.

If your enemy has low life you`ll get the chanse to do a finnishing move and If you stunn an enemy you can grapple him by pressing B. Both those special moves will start an sequence where you move the wii mote and nunhcuck like shown on screen. Unfortunatly this isn`t allways as responsive as it should and you end up having to repeate the movement or lose the grapple.

That mistake aside the game is awesome. Great visual style, good music and a lot of humor makes this game a must own game for me. It also looks and feels a whole lot more accsesible than Killer7 was.

Mate you are so lucky.

Hands-on Impression:

Sounds good! thanks.

I am not sure if this has been posted ... but AWESOME trailer, has a lot of potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVHwL0hAHmA

You look like that guy from CSI. :p

:laughing: I thought the exact same thing from that picture as soon as I saw it!

cast_brown.jpg

As for No More Heroes, it looks cool but I actually felt the very first trailer looked much nicer from a graphical point of view. I liked the style better, though I have watched that video you posted there now Maverick and I notice that the early video is still featured in there. I'm confused a bit as the style seems a bit different to the images we have been seeing and to the rest of the trailer. However, this is no doubt something I will be investing in when it comes out..

Cheers for the impressions DiemetriX. icon14.gif

That cardboard cut-out is pretty damn cool, wonder if anyone tried to nick it? :heh:

I am not sure if this has been posted ... but AWESOME trailer, has a lot of potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVHwL0hAHmA

Yeah I've watched that trailer a few times now, great stuff! I love the variations of the theme music at 0:35, 1:02 and 1:29, hope the rest of the soundtrack is as good.

my interest in NMH has subsided a bit prior to TGS. The screenshots released thus far looked a bit bland.

After all the media and hands-on impressions, im super-hyped for this game again. Now i remember what piqued my interest again. Its style was never doubted, but its great to see that the gameplay seem to be shaping up very nicely. If they can add in enough variation and some silly side-quests/mini-games, this game will be awesome.

Btw, does anyone has the NMH theme song? I've been trying to find it. An mp3 would be awseome :)