- world exclusive review of red steel

More news when I get it...

Thanks to peterl0 for the scoop.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THey gave 90% to Red Steel, but they suck they gave 79% to PKmn and 68 to rocket slime

DS

Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis 80%

Super Mario Basketball 69%

Contact 70%

Spyro 70%

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl 79%

Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime 68%

Micro Machines V4 71%

Gamecube

Splinter Cell Double Agent 84%

Spyro 66%

One Piece Grand Adventure 77%

Baten Kaitos Origins 79%

Need for Speed Carbon 73%

Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 66%

Wii

Red Steel 90%

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz 84%

Well we kinda knew Zelda, Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball would get between 80-100%.

I think because news of the game has been so slowly drip fed to us over the past year that I probably know more about these games than any 10 page review could tell me.

It's hardly breaking news.. but kinda cool for people who don't hang out on the internet.

I'm more interested in reviews of the quieter games like Elebits, Batallion Wars, Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3.

I'll start reading reviews early 2007 when there is some mystery to the game.

That's a hugely underrated review of Dragon Quest judging on other reviews.. and 70% for Spyro? I heard that's shit.

Gah I don't agree with many of those DS reviews actually.

Does anyone know when this issue is supposed to be in the shops?

Hopefully this month i will actualy be able to find a copy as i havent got the last 2 issues because no shops round here have had them.

It's out November 8th 2006, next wednesday!

On that day, you find out if you won a Wii in there comp as well. They will text you 8/11/06.

THey gave 90% to Red Steel, but they suck they gave 79% to PKmn and 68 to rocket slime

DS

Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis 80%

Super Mario Basketball 69%

Contact 70%

Spyro 70%

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl 79%

Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime 68%

Micro Machines V4 71%

Gamecube

Splinter Cell Double Agent 84%

Spyro 66%

One Piece Grand Adventure 77%

Baten Kaitos Origins 79%

Need for Speed Carbon 73%

Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 66%

Wii

Red Steel 90%

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz 84%

im so happy they gave micromachines v4 a good review.that game rules.Why monkey ball so low though?If its because of a bad single player i will kill them.Mario kart got away with that for years

edit:ok maybe its not that low.im exaggerating

im so happy they gave micromachines v4 a good review.that game rules.Why monkey ball so low though?If its because of a bad single player i will kill them.Mario kart got away with that for years

What? Are you crazy? Since when has an 84 been a terrible score. That's pretty much an 8.5/10. A bluddy good score for any game, if you ask me.

What? Are you crazy? Since when has an 84 been a terrible score. That's pretty much an 8.5/10. A bluddy good score for any game, if you ask me.

Agreed, it's more than 4/5 stars. People seem to think that anything below 90% is not even good. Logically anything over 50% is above average.

WHat I find funny is that he says Micro machnes got a good review 71% and micro machines a bad one at 84% :)

I'm very happy with those scores, would love to read what they say though. Hope they haven't given 90% cause they got the exclusive. That would be depressing as I really want the game to be great.

I think that despite the fact that 50% is supposed to be average, very few magazines (even EDGE really) actually have 50% as average. NGamers recent policy of being a bit more stingy with scores I suppose is trying to redress the balance somewhat.

Whether 50% is average though is somehwat of a moot point. I have played other games that NGamer have rated at 84% and from that I had hoped that Super Monkey Ball would be better. The original game was one of my favourites from the Gamecube and I was hoping for a very good game.

Actually I don't think that 84% is a terrible score but considering I would not buy a game that got less than 70%, it is below average.