NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Adventures of Lolo is an awesome action puzzle game. So very glad to see this finally appear today and it's an instant download for me.

Balloon Fight is equally as great, but I already have it in Animal Crossing.

when are they going to do that star points too wii points thing they promised many a month ago.

When they can be arsed I suppose.

im only going to be able to get 2 nes games or a n64 game, but it will encourage more people to start it and see what its actually like, i guess they need the assurance of a ceartain amount of money before they can do anything. Or there making too much of a profit and dont want to jepardise it, i dont know, just crazy theories.

I was waiting up on Thursday night especially for the update this week (what a nerd) only for it to be those three games. I'm only slightly tempted by Dead Moon, but I've checked a few reviews and its not sounding so hot. And no offense to [Mc]Manaman but Lolo and Balloon Fight dont really attract me.

I went and downloaded Super Probotector and I'm saving the rest of my Points for later games that'll get added. I wish they'd upload an N64 game worth getting though. :heh:

2 Questions:

A)How do I save on Lylat Wars.

B)I heard there's supposed to be some kind of savestate function on the Virtual Console. How do I use it?

2 Questions:

A)How do I save on Lylat Wars.

B)I heard there's supposed to be some kind of savestate function on the Virtual Console. How do I use it?

A) You can't

B) When finished , hit Home and return to the main Wii menu , your game should suspend/save at the moment you left it (I don't believe it works for N64 games , but don't quote me on that).

I think Piggy Marcher's right. I've not downloaded any N64 games as of yet so I cant be 100% sure on this, but I'm sure I've read that the suspended play feature doesnt work on them.

As for generally saving your progress in Lylat Wars, you're supposed to play through it in one sitting. It's not that big a game like. :heh: The games keeps a record of your high scores and medals and whatnot.

Man I just started Link To The Past, it's so awesome. First VC game I've really gotten into. Need to get Streets Of Rage 2 now.

Is there any word yet on whether non PAL games will be released on the VC over here? Like Chrono Trigger?

Man I just started Link To The Past, it's so awesome. First VC game I've really gotten into. Need to get Streets Of Rage 2 now.

Is there any word yet on whether non PAL games will be released on the VC over here? Like Chrono Trigger?

We only know of Turbografx games that Hudson are acquiring the rights to and translating. No Nintendo or Sega non-PAL releases.

Hell yeah it is! I completed it d few days ago, got all heart pieces, etc. God knows how many times I've played that game through now.

I then tried to play Ocarina and got bored before I'd even finished the Great Deku Tree!

I reckon it's the best Zelda for sure, along with Links Awakening.

Definitely, it's my favourite game of all time!

Haven't played Links Awakening in ages though, tis a shame they're not doing any handheld games on the VC.

2d zeldas > 3d zeldas. Link's Awakening is definately better than A Link To The Past imo, it's just the perfect zelda game!

Downloaded Super Mario finally, its a lot faster than I remember does anyone else have this problem?

I got DKC 2 recently, and it's amazing. It's not as great as DKC from my childhood, which I sold for a tenner, though. And is it me or does it seem shorter? And there's no Ostrich?!

Also, is DKC 3 worthwhile when it's released?

Also, is DKC 3 worthwhile when it's released?

Its the best one of the 3 IMO, so yeah snap it up when it gets released.

just got golden axe II and F-Zero (N64 version).

Japan has not got Sonic 2 or DKC 2 yet. :(

Did F-Zero X get released in Japan? And do you have an NTSC-J console?

Did F-Zero X get released in Japan? And do you have an NTSC-J console?

Yeah I have Japanese console and it is F-Zero X

Any hints on what Euroland are gonna get added tonight?

Sonic 2 and them other ones that US/ Japan have that we dont are probably the most likely, eh? I'm hoping for something classy from the Snes, though I'm not sure I know what game I'm specifically wishing for.

Majora'a Mask would be unbelievable to get!!

If I wasn't so busy trying to catch 'em all and fill my Pokédex on Diamond I'd get F-Zero like a shot. GX was one of my favourite GC games, and I've wanted to try this for ages. Definitely a summer holiday purchase.