NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Wow. I'm surprised at how little F-Zero GX actually added on top of F-Zero X. The actual gameplay is virtually the same. Right down to the "Finish. Alright, First Place!". Why did I miss out on this?

Even the track features are similar, loops, dirt, slip, tubes (both inside and outside), jump, those things that flick you upwards, etc.

It's missing customisation and story, but it's got death race.

Controls are a little odd at first (due to trying to control it like GX), but good once you get used to it.

Will get GX. Need more Wii points after I download it though, and I'm out of dough. i hope Paper Mario doesn't come out when I'm pointless.

I said that about lylat wars: Went through 6000 stars in waiting for it, before eventually ending up pointless the very week it came out :indeed:

I'll probably buy 2000 points when Paper Mario comes out and get both at once.

I bought F Zero X off the virtual console and I'm finding it very good, but it is dam near impossible on expert mode. I just can't win the races so I have to hope to kill someone and then try and get as high a place as possible. I have managed to one of the cups on expert but it's so hard o_O. I don't think it's better than F Zero GX like some people might say but I do like it.

I bought F Zero X off the virtual console and I'm finding it very good, but it is dam near impossible on expert mode. I just can't win the races so I have to hope to kill someone and then try and get as high a place as possible. I have managed to one of the cups on expert but it's so hard o_O.

Expert was impossible on GX to start with.

Expert was impossible on GX to start with.

I found I could do that quite well and I even managed all the cups on master on that game. F Zero X is something else though....perhaps I just need to adjust to it.

Grrr! I want Sonic too. 2. Too. ....I want Sonic 2, also.

If it comes out next week I wil SCREW, cos Resi comes out too. 4. Too. Resi 4 comes out also.

Alright mega man, the first one is very good, now all we need is 2, basicly a must-buy.

MEGAMAN!!!!! FECKING AWESOME.

Megaman 2 and 3 are the best Megaman games ever. Everything from SNES upwards is just bollocks imo.

MEGAMAN!!!!! FECKING AWESOME.

Megaman 2 and 3 are the best Megaman games ever. Everything from SNES upwards is just bollocks imo.

Your disregard for the first 3 X games is shocking.

I have all the Megaman games from the Cube Anniversary collection and X 1-6 on the X collection so I wont be getting these. If I didnt have these though I would certainly snap them up on the VC.

What are the chances of licensed games such as Super Star Wars and Super Indiana Jones Adventures being released? Same goes for the many WAarner Brothers games from SunSoft on the SNES. I would really love to replay all those classic platformers.

Your disregard for the first 3 X games is shocking.

I have all the Megaman games from the Cube Anniversary collection and X 1-6 on the X collection so I wont be getting these. If I didnt have these though I would certainly snap them up on the VC.

To me, no Megaman has ever and probably will ever be as good as the retro classic ones on the NES: Megaman 1-6. Those were genius.

I have to admit, I never have played a Megaman game. Once the stars conversion thing comes in, first purchase goes there :D

You'll love it.

The NES megaman games are brilliant fun, particularly 2 and 3.

I'm playing Mega Man at the moment. It's quite fun, taking the abilities of the bosses you defeat reminds me of Metroid. If anyone wants a simple, but chalenging, shooter/platformer I highly recommend it. Oh, and the music is great as well.

What are the chances of licensed games such as Super Star Wars and Super Indiana Jones Adventures being released? Same goes for the many WAarner Brothers games from SunSoft on the SNES. I would really love to replay all those classic platformers.

Well, TMNT was released on the VC. Just more expensive as the original publishers did not still hold the license. So, LucasArts games probably won't be a problem.

I'm playing Mega Man at the moment. It's quite fun, taking the abilities of the bosses you defeat reminds me of Metroid. If anyone wants a simple, but chalenging, shooter/platformer I highly recommend it. Oh, and the music is great as well.

Yeah I agree, I'd recommend this. Good music, good game and pretty darn good fun for a 20 year old piece of software! The only thing that annoys me is... ok two things actually:

- You can only shoot what direction you're pointing. It would be nice you be able to shoot up/ diagonal but hey, like I said, the games as old as the hills so I can let it off for this.

- And secondly, there's no way of knowing what order to do the levels so you have the best weapons! I launched straight into Cutman's level, and he wiped me out. Ok, this was a combination of me being crap as well as not actually having anything other than the basic blaster gun... but even still, having an idea what way is best to go through the levels would help! :heh:

Good game though, I've never touched Megaman before and this is as good a place as any to get my first taster.

I've had Megaman III on the Gameboy since I was a baby, and I think it's brilliant. I have an urge to buy this one, and I'm still waiting ever-so patiently for all the Metroids, as I've never played any pre-Prime's except 2 on the Gameboy.

I've had Megaman III on the Gameboy since I was a baby, and I think it's brilliant. I have an urge to buy this one, and I'm still waiting ever-so patiently for all the Metroids, as I've never played any pre-Prime's except 2 on the Gameboy.

Have you got Fusion and a link cable? If so, you can get the original Metroid unlocked on Prime.

will dreamcast games be available on the virtual console? Also I believe one day gamecube games will be downloadable on it but for something like 3000 points