Mega Drive:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Virtua Fighter 2

Wonder Boy in Monster World

Turbografx:

Shockman

Bit of a damp squib really :hmm:

Ah Memories :)

The Christmas that the Sega Megadrive was released I was given Alex Kidd and the Enchanted Castle along with Sonic. I remember completing it and thinking the ending was really stupid, but it's still a fun little game.

Wonderboy in Monsterland is another good game, I rented it once but never got past the 2/3rd Boss-Some sort of Twin Headed Boulder montster that would also defeat me. I'II have to download it once I've done with Dragon's Curse/Pokemon Pearl.

Shockman was my prediction for today's VC games, didn't predict any of the others though.

I think we need to start getting more than one N64 game a month, or we'll only end up with about 5% of the library by the end of the Wii's life.

Shockman was my prediction for today's VC games, didn't predict any of the others though.

Hudson announcing when the game would be out a few days beforehand had nothing to do with the prediction, did it?

Hudson announcing when the game would be out a few days beforehand had nothing to do with the prediction, did it?

I know they announced it for the US but not the UK.

Don't know if this is right place to ask for help, but this is the all encompassing "All I need to know" thread, so I'll give it a whack.

In Zelda: LttP, when I attack something on the right hand side of the screen I can't hear sword swipes or enemy damage sounds, but on the rest of the screen it's all toast and proper. I though it might be my surround sound, but i took it out and turn the Wii settings to mono, but it was the same. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

There are some glitches and irregularities with the games, since they are just emulations and nothing about them has been changed. I've noticed flickering glitches with games such as Super Mario Bros., and sound irregularities, but I don't own the VC version of Link to the Past. I'll let someone else clarify that, but glitches are normal in all VC games I think.

Two new VC games have today been added to the Australian OFLC and they are...

balloonfight-1.jpgstreetfighter2turbohyperfighting-3.jpg

Is Alex Kidd, Shockman or Wonderboy any fun? Did anyone download these?

Well, Virtua Fighter 2 sucks ass. Dont download it.

I think we need to start getting more than one N64 game a month, or we'll only end up with about 5% of the library by the end of the Wii's life.

Just about all Rare games will be missing anyway, regardless of how many we get a month. Thats a hefty chunk right there.

Everybody Wears Clothes channel. I want the blue light to come on again.

NES Open Tournament Golf - NES

Ninja Spirit - Turbografx

and maybe one or two more tonight....

Just about all Rare games will be missing anyway, regardless of how many we get a month. Thats a hefty chunk right there.

that's not strictly true, I'm sure Rare have said they'd be willing to put their games on the VC

and anyway they're not the most prolific developer

Tonight's games are:

NES Open Tournament Golf (NES)

Ninja Spirit (Turbografx)

That's all. :hmm:

..that's all?

Luckily, I'm not overly bothered about downloading anything just at the minute as I have plenty of games to be getting on with.. and a couple of games on the Way for my birthday :yay: (thank you magicbuttons : peace:)

If I was bothered though, I probably wouldn't be feeling all that impressed..

Having said that, I have no idea what Ninja Spirit is so wouldn't like to judge without knowing the facts..

..that's all?

Having said that, I have no idea what Ninja Spirit is so wouldn't like to judge without knowing the facts..

It is the 19th century. The main character, Moonlight, is plagued by a obscure memory of himself, as a wolf, witnessing his father's death.

After 16 years of being raised as a ninja, Moonlight discovers that his father was a "rogue ninja" and his killer was a ninja as well. Moonlight chooses to become a "rogue" himself to avenge his father's death as well as uncover the mysteries surrounding his birth.

Ninja Spirit is an action game including 7 chapters. Avoid the continuous attacks of the opposing ninja clans and defeat the bosses at the end of each chapter.

Often overlooked in favour of more established 'ninja' franchies like Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden, this PCE classic is another welcome addition to the Virtual Console from veteran developers Irem.

Back in the early 90's it was games like Ninja Spirit that convinced many Western gamers that NEC's machine was worth checking out. A firm favourite on import, this platform action title didn't exactly set the world alight in terms of plot or originality, but certainly impressed when it came to gameplay and graphics. Regardless of the fact that it's an early PCE title, the game looks great - maybe not quite up to the standards set by Sega's Revenge of Shinobi, but still good. The gameplay is fun too, with some excellent level design and decent bosses. The sound is a little flat, but then this could be said about many early PC Engine titles.

While Ninja Spirit doesn't quite reach the same heights as the aforementioned Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden, it's still a perfectly enjoyable platform romp and should be checked out by fans of the genre.

Decisions... decisions...

I think I will check out Wonderboy.

I say, Wonder Boy is a pleasant surprise. It is a sidescrolling action RPG, a little like Zelda, with a nice pace to it. Worth a download if you ask me.