N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

I'm quite annoyed that I found out when playing it it was Streets of Rage without the roller skating kid. Too much excitement while it was downloading I was just thinking that. Anyway, Streets of Rage is Streets of Rage, its still awesome.

Donkey Kong Country was owned by Nintendo in the first place. Nintendo bought the James Bond rights for GoldenEye and let Rare develop the game. Since then the rights have been passed on and currently reside with Activision. The appearance of GoldenEye on the Virtual Console depends entirely on how much money Nintendo want to spend on it, and the cooperation of Activision and Microsoft.

Also, I'm not posting this as news but just something I've discovered at http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/15.html . Note the picture at the top of the page. There is a NES with a controller and lightgun. Why put the lightgun there if the games for it aren't going to be used on the Virtual Console? Wii Remote zapping time.

I want Takeshi no Chousenjou on VC.

For those not familiar with it, here is a wikipedia quote:

The game is infamously known for giving the player several ludicrous, near-impossible tasks to complete. Some examples include forcing the player to sing karaoke numerous times in a row (utilizing the second Famicom controller, that has a built-in microphone) and leaving the game at a certain point for one hour without touching the controller, as well as forcing the player to try jumping a precipice one pixel too short several dozen times, and hitting the final boss 20,000 times to defeat it.

Which shmup would peopel recommend I download? I've already got Gunstar Heroes, but I've played it alot now and was wanting another. I was thinking Super Probetector, R-TYPE, and I think theres a couple more aswell. Which is best? ^_^

Which shmup would peopel recommend I download? I've already got Gunstar Heroes, but I've played it alot now and was wanting another. I was thinking Super Probetector, R-TYPE, and I think theres a couple more aswell. Which is best? ^_^

Gradius and Super Star Soldier are both great and cost less points.

Gradius and Super Star Soldier are both great and cost less points.

Super Star Soldier isn't very good, in my opinion. Plus, if you want it, you may as well get Soldier Blade. Apparently it improves on SSS in every way.

R Type games are brilliant. Best shooters on VC, worth the 200 extra points without a second thought. Tricky buggers though. Level 3 of R Type 1 owns me.

Super Star Soldier isn't very good, in my opinion. Plus, if you want it, you may as well get Soldier Blade. Apparently it improves on SSS in every way.

R Type games are brilliant. Best shooters on VC, worth the 200 extra points without a second thought. Tricky buggers though. Level 3 of R Type 1 owns me.

Haha n00b....I manage to get to level 5 before I get pwned :heh:. My cousin actually completed all 8 levels. Fucking nutter.

Still, Ikaruga's harder and I've completed it :heh:

The reason why R-Type costs 800 Points instead of 600, straight from my news section on the first page.

R-Type for the Virtual Console (originally a TurboGrafx-16 game) appears as 800 Points in the Virtual Console instead of the usual 600 for TurboGrafx games. The reason for this is that it contains all eight levels - unlike the Japanese release which only included the first four levels as per the original HuCard.

Haha n00b....I manage to get to level 5 before I get pwned :heh:. My cousin actually completed all 8 levels. Fucking nutter.

Still, Ikaruga's harder and I've completed it :heh:

Now I have a reason to get to level 6. A motive, if you will.

Give me 8 years and I'll get back to you, and gloat.

Gizmo, R-Type games are really good shooters, I'll vouch for that.

Did anyone get Vermillion? Or know anything about it? I've read a few things, but still dont seem to know much! :red:

Don't be taken in by the cool name and dashing looking bloke on the boxart - SoV is actually a steaming turd of a game. It's just a very primitive and semi-broken rpger. Wait for something more worthwhile like Shining Force!