N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they dont mess with EVA just for the sake of milking.

I'm afraid of that too, but 4 movies seem to be too big of a bold move to be just bad milking.

Why is it that American voice actors just can't sound as fitting and serious? Perhaps the Japanese are a lot more critical of Japanese voice actors though...

Edit: Actually on further inspection, the dub still ruins the anime. And what's with the cheesy translations? Shinigami = Soul Reaper? Gimme' a break. Artistic license revoked, bitches!

Hehe, that's because american kids will eat any shit they put in they'r TV's. Dubs really ruin half of the experience. And let not me start on the butchering like on that movie posted above. Hilarious.:nono:

EDIT: Welcome back to a world of goodness Shino.

Play have got the Platinum Collection of NGE.

You get -

# Packing and artwork never before seen - a true collectors' set for Europe

# Restored and completed episodes, remastered picture and specially-built 5.1 sound

# 4 Directors' cuts of key final episodes

# 8 full episode-length animatics

# Cast and crew commentaries

# Behind-the-scenes documentaries

# 30-page full colour booklet with episode commentaries, behind-the-scenes articles, creature guide, glossary and artwork

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1098960/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_Complete_Platinum_Collection/Product.html

RRP : £99.99

As Anno is at the helm of these new Evangelion works, I'm 99% certain they're going to be worth seeing. Anything that expands upon my favourite animated series is definately something I want to see made.

Regarding the Amazon Evangelion boxed sets, there is no version worth getting other than the Platinum set. The video and audio quality are vastly improved over the originals, and it's truly the best possible way to view Evangelion.

The guyver as some of you might know is a manga that has produced a anime that has recently come back to life after two movie incarnations and 1 (with the last half being on an extremely low budget) anime.

The basic story is about a young guy named sho that finds a unit called the guyver (meaning out of control) that allows him to summon an exoskeleton from another dimension.

The new anime is awesome this is not only coming from a guyver fan but also an anime lover and i am glad to say it is faithful to the manga.

The first episode can be seen at ign http://media.tv.ign.com/media/856/856215/vids_1.html

And if you are not brave enough to see a full episode a trailer can be seen here http://www25.advfilms.com/titles/guyver/trailer.html

Dont sleep on this guys it has an amazing plot that is full of action, twists, turns and story.

I have the second live action film around here on an old VHS tape somewhere, Guyver: Dark Hero, i like that film, the first film was alright but was too "b-movie" (best phrase i could think of) the second was much better, I remember showing it to some mates once and they described it as Power Rangers but kick-ass good

I watched the OVA back when I was younger. It used to be the "cool thing" to watch if you were able to stay awake late enough.

I've had a look at the new series, but never really gotten into it.

The first two episodes are average but if you pay attention after that it really all kicks off, and as for the live action movies they were both done by some guy that did power rangers.

Hyde as in the singer?

Who's doing Death Note?

Animation Production: Madhouse Studios

Script: Toshiki Inoue

Original Manga:

Takeshi Obata

Tsugumi Ooba

Character Design: Masaru Kitao

Art director: Mio Ishiki

Color design: Masaru Hashimoto

Music Composition: Yoshihisa Hirano

Sound Producer: Tomoaki Yamada

Supervision: Tetsuro Araki

Theme Song Performance: Nightmare (OP,ED)

Kappei Yamaguchi as L

Mamoru Miyano as Light Yagami

Aya Hirano as Misa Amane

Shidou Nakamura as Ryuuku

Haruka Kudou as Sayu Yagami