Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

It wasn't Near. It was Near + Mello. Only 2 guys together could take him down. Anyway, the way you wish Light would die in the end tells me you aren't ready for such a mature anime. Try it again in a few years. :heh:

I wish there were Death Notes in real life... I really do.

I take issue with that: firstly, I don't see why wishing for Light's death shows a lack of understanding, and secondly I balk at describing Death Note as a mature anime.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't Near. It was Near + Mello. Only 2 guys together could take him down. Anyway, the way you wish Light would die in the end tells me you aren't ready for such a mature anime. Try it again in a few years. :heh:

I wish there were Death Notes in real life... I really do.

Mellos part was basically the labourous part, I wonder if mello was always planning to kill himself in the end? Near was more cryptic than L and was a tad slower to gather the information

ALSO

nico2.jpg

Guest Maase

I tough that Mello didn't on Purpose, i tough that Near used Mello lol

Well, didn't notice that fact, xD

I don't think that wanting Light dead is a matter of maturity, i think its a matter of opinion :\

Also, Light killed a lot of innocents, he became corrupt by his power, and like i said before, there's no such thing as justice with Humans in the World

I tough that Mello didn't on Purpose, i tough that Near used Mello lol

I don't think that wanting Light dead is a matter of maturity, i think its a matter of opinion :\

Also, Light killed a lot of innocents, he became corrupt by his power, and like i said before, there's no such thing as justice with Humans in the World

If I remember rightly, he only killed people who got in his way, like the fbi agents or L, those were the only 'innocents' he killed, the other Kiras (misa, higuchi and mikami) except for maybe the last, did kill innocents. Remember, Light judged his victims, taking time to see if the killings were just.

Next episode is a double episode I believe, and that's the day I catch up on the last 5, should make the dragging-out a bit less painful :)

The double episode will suck though... they always do with Shippuuden, they fit half an episode's content into 45 minutes with a shit load of DBZ 'rarrr!'s and *meaningful glare*s and *flash back to 30 seconds ago!*.

Guest Maase

Well, he killed FBI agents who where after him :P

They didn't nothing wrong besides going after a mass murderer.

And how i said earlier, how do we know that some of them wheren't framed? How do we know that some of them didn't do nothing, but the Magazines and the Internet talk about them anyway?

He killed people that he doesn't even know if are true criminals or not, and that's not justice.

Near is right, Light is a Mass Murderer

Guest Maase

Ok, saw Episode 23 of Mobile Suit Gundam 00

LOCKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!

Why??? WHY???

lol, it was a sad ending, who will substitute Lockon? The Bitch? I hope not, lol

Guest Maase

That seems too highlited for me, you didn't talk about him, you didn't say nothing about it, and the link is directed to youtube.

Im gonna be redirected to Rickroll, oh well...

Edit: D'OH!!!

I take issue with that: firstly, I don't see why wishing for Light's death shows a lack of understanding, and secondly I balk at describing Death Note as a mature anime.

If you immediatly wish Light to die, you're a numbskull. Don't just go "killing is bad, he should die", that's moronic and immature, it takes quite a lot of time to decide wether or not he should indeed die, that's one of the beauties of Death Note... Light is a monster... fighting for a just cause. If you immediatly classify him as "must die", you're not even touching the surface of the psychological content wich makes this show such a mature effort.

QUOTE=Maase;702415]I tough that Mello didn't on Purpose, i tough that Near used Mello lol

There's no such thing as "justice". It's just a utopian concept that exists in the minds of mankind. There is no "bad" or "good". Justice is emotional human fiction.

Well, he killed FBI agents who where after him :P

They didn't nothing wrong besides going after a mass murderer.

And how i said earlier, how do we know that some of them wheren't framed? How do we know that some of them didn't do nothing, but the Magazines and the Internet talk about them anyway?

He killed people that he doesn't even know if are true criminals or not, and that's not justice.

Near is right, Light is a Mass Murderer

No. Light is a genious, I only wish we had more people like him with the balls to sacrifice themselves in the name of a better world. Near was just doing his job, I don't blame him... but remember, Light may have killed FBI agents, buy only as a means to and end. And in this particular case, the end justifies the means.

On the whole issue of Death Note we must not forget is that the only thing that defines as "good" and "evil" in a society of man is it´s laws we are bound do and the only reason we don´t fight against is because either we have raised up to blindly believe these laws or we know as one person we can´t fight it.

Death Note put´s up a situation were one person can actually fight against laws

that hold us back and get away with it which begs the question, if you had the power to break the law and redefine them so they are what you think is right and wrong would you take the chance and do it?

Light in death note is doing this because he feels like this will make the world a better place. And don´t we follow our laws because we are told that following these rules will make the world a better place.

But by our laws Light is evil right? But what if his laws are right and define what is good and evil? Personally I say neither are right or wrong, there is no good and evil but for a society to function normally there need to be boundaries on what one may do to keep it functioning I´m going a bit off topic here.

By saying that Light is evil based on our laws and morality would be the same to say that we are evil by his laws and moralities.

Oh and the topic of Justice, in my opinion Justice is a glorified word for revenge.

Yeah, but who died and made Light god? :P

As bright as he is, he shouldn't be allowed to judge others alone, much less kill them. But the biggest problem with him is his god complex, in the end it didn't matter who was good or bad, just who stood in his way. As the requirements for his judgements became tighter it was only a matter of time before he killed everyone else.

I was kinda disappointed that

That he wasn´t cought because of his own mistake but someone else blew it for him.

I was hoping that he´d lose it in paranoia and make a mistake there, following that he´d find out that even though he killed L someone else took over for him

As bright as he is, he shouldn't be allowed to judge others alone, much less kill them. But the biggest problem with him is his god complex, in the end it didn't matter who was good or bad, just who stood in his way. As the requirements for his judgements became tighter it was only a matter of time before he killed everyone else.

But as Mundi said, ultimatly, concepts such as 'good' and 'evil' are subjective. Thus what we may see as 'evil' couldn't be justified as so because it is opinion-based. In Light's view (which granted is radically different from the 'norm') people opposing him are people opposing world peace, a society free from wrong-doings, and thus are evil.

Guest Maase

That he wasn´t cought because of his own mistake but someone else blew it for him.

I was hoping that he´d lose it in paranoia and make a mistake there, following that he´d find out that even though he killed L someone else took over for him

I was thinking that too, the end was a little disapointing, but still true

Still, it was Light's fault, WHY THE HELL WOULD HE TRUST A GUY WHO HE DOESN'T TALK TO? Its very risky :\

Wich is exactly why Death Note is perfect, plot-wise. He created his perfect world, and died at it's brightest moment, before it got rotten. It's all very greek-tragedy like, but perfect.

Hey, Mundi,

At first I was disappointed too, but when you look it at it the right way, it was a perfect ending. Light was the most perfect ruthless and calculating manipulator ever. He was perfect. His only mistake was trust. His only flaw, was a human weakness... emotion. Emotion was his demise. He trusted. And died for it.

He was unstoppable, so the only way to get him was to wait for him to slip up just a bit... and change the rules of the game, targetting his subordinates as a way of getting to him. It wasn't his fault. It's a fucking testimony to his greatness that it took someone else's fuck-up to stop him. I think it was the perfect ending to a perfect story.

Guest Maase

Saw Code Geass, MY GOD!!! Its at the same level than Death Note (in my opinion)

And the R2 is coming in April 6/7 :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!