Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Only good thing in my opinion on anime central now is Cowboy beebop. I couldn't get into GITS and wolf's rain was on rapture, and not so great. Transformers is still dubbed by 5 people and I don't do bleach. Haven't tried .hack though but my brother says its not too bad

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only good thing in my opinion on anime central now is Cowboy beebop. I couldn't get into GITS and wolf's rain was on rapture, and not so great. Transformers is still dubbed by 5 people and I don't do bleach. Haven't tried .hack though but my brother says its not too bad

you don't like FMA? =/

I didn't like the first/second episode that much, but after a little bit I loved it and thought it was funny.

You know that they changed director after the first 4 episodes cause the first one was inexperienced?

That was the same for me! The first episode got a bit boring but i saw it through and after i got through the first two done I loved it and found it hilarious! and of course liked the Haruhi references. :heh:

I love the manga store guy. :D

Dear Internet.

Now my Zune is back in working order I have decided to watch an anime. The choosing of this anime is where you sirs come into play.

I have a few requirements that eliminate the competition somewhat and I will accept exceptions to these rules. Firstly I don't want anything too long, so no more than 50 eps please. I also want something sensible, mature maybe (i.e no small scary children dancing Lucky Star, Azumanga style piffle or giant robots hitting each other with sticks.)

I have watched Samurai Champloo and Death Note and loved both. So I'm thinking Cowboy Bebop or Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, perhaps? I would watch Monster but its too damn long.

Any help?

Too silly and jovial. Not really what I'm looking for. I want something that takes itself seriously, so basically no child characters.:)

Not at all. AT ALL. In fact, no child should watch it. Some episodes made me sad, angry and even sick to my stomach. It's pretty deep stuff. Watch it.

Guest Stefkov

I'm offended you said it had child characters. FMA is great, and serious, as is Eureka Seven. Action and a love story that makes you feel lonely after watching it.

Why don't you do Bleach? Not that you should watch any anime dubbed anyway....

I'm offended you said it had child characters. FMA is great, and serious, as is Eureka Seven. Action and a love story that makes you feel lonely after watching it.

The main characters are below 18 are they not, making them child characters.

Its not an insult, its a statement.

I have watched enough of FMA to form an opinion I think, and it is not for me.

I'm looking for something that it is a serious show, but animated. e.g. no robots, alchemy, powers etc.

Something like Monster I guess.

Sorry for being difficult chaps.

Anyone watched Nagasarete Airantou? It´s about a boy that washes up on an island that has only women and he has no way to get off the island. The story sounds extremely cheesy and cliché but it´s surprisingly funny and original.

I´m on episode 11 and so far i´ve enjoyed it

I'm looking for something that it is a serious show, but animated. e.g. no robots, alchemy, powers etc.

What you seem to be asking is a realistic or semi-realistic anime, no? Well there's a few but the anime selection really isn't that wide in the realistic aspect and 90% of the main characters are always childs or teens so... I don't really know what to recommend.

Since you already watched Death Note, that would be the 1st thing I would recommend you, I guess you should check Saikano.

I never watched it, I don't even know if it's any good, but I know it's damn deep and sad in the worst kind if ways.

And then you have Neon Genesis Evangelion, that you should watch independently of your preferences (it has childs :heh:). From the human standpoint it tries to be realist in a science fiction near future world (2015). But keep in mind that the main plot is based on something you could call God VS Man, so there it gets a bit surreal. It's technology VS supernatural. And well... it's deep enough in a way that I assure you you won't even understand it well by the end.

Just some random guesses. I don't really know what you're looking for.

So, Bleach has started another filler arc, already. That said, it could've been much worse, it almost doesn't feel like filler, and it's nice to see a bit more of hueco mundo which the manga didn't have enough of. That said, here's hoping it only lasts one or two more eps....

I'm kinda needing a fix of Naruto, I'm really looking forward to it oddly enough. It's been too long! Here's hoping they retain the quality of the last couple of episodes and move swiftly into the new arc :)

Hmm, anime without magic, robots, alchemy, powers, ninjutsu... and I'm guessing you're not after romance/comedies.... Wait, why exactly do you like anime, Bluejay? :heh:

The main characters are below 18 are they not, making them child characters.

Its not an insult, its a statement.

I have watched enough of FMA to form an opinion I think, and it is not for me.

Ah how could I forget, initial D is pretty much realistic enough. Apart from an old banger can out perform todays top vehicles. But its a good series. Its pretty old so I would say start with 4th stage being the latest and go back to watch the first 3 if you like it. A good car racing anime.

What you seem to be asking is a realistic or semi-realistic anime, no? Well there's a few but the anime selection really isn't that wide in the realistic aspect and 90% of the main characters are always childs or teens so... I don't really know what to recommend.

Since you already watched Death Note, that would be the 1st thing I would recommend you, I guess you should check Saikano.

I never watched it, I don't even know if it's any good, but I know it's damn deep and sad in the worst kind if ways.

And then you have Neon Genesis Evangelion, that you should watch independently of your preferences (it has childs :heh:). From the human standpoint it tries to be realist in a science fiction near future world (2015). But keep in mind that the main plot is based on something you could call God VS Man, so there it gets a bit surreal. It's technology VS supernatural. And well... it's deep enough in a way that I assure you you won't even understand it well by the end.=

Good suggestions sir. Thank you.

ust some random guesses. I don't really know what you're looking for.

Yeah, nor do I really. :D

Hmm, anime without magic, robots, alchemy, powers, ninjutsu... and I'm guessing you're not after romance/comedies.... Wait, why exactly do you like anime, Bluejay? :heh:

Hmm. I'm not sure. I go in waves of despicing it to loving it.

Anime should be able to handle serious topics and themes, but in animated form. If it can't (which I'm sure it can) it cannot be considered an artform.

It is not all ninjas, robots and small children, surely? Death Note does the above to an extent.

I saw an anime conference today made by Kei Suyama and it was nice. We saw some movie trailers like MindGame and 5 cm per second which was cool and we saw trailers of her students projects. Amazing stuff. It's really incredible the creativity of some japanese students. And she talked about the influence of anime and stuff. It was nice.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!