NEurope

I watched episode 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist last night.. It was pretty awesome. But now anime-plus.com is down :o

boo :(

I watched episode 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist last night.. It was pretty awesome. But now anime-plus.com is down :o

boo :(

Do you watch them streaming? or download them?

As there are many wesites that stream anime :D

Do you watch them streaming? or download them?

As there are many wesites that stream anime :D

I used to stream but it really got on my nerve. (internet can be temperamental and torrents blocked) I have a paid account on narutofan/animeplus. =) Its only 10 dollars a month. (I think)

I used to stream but it really got on my nerve. (internet can be temperamental and torrents blocked) I have a paid account on narutofan/animeplus. =) Its only 10 dollars a month. (I think)

Cool! That's good :D

I stream my anime! It's easier to find a lot of the shows now! :)

I'm currently watching Spice an Wolf which is interesting... I'm not sure what to make of it.

I also watched Episode 18 of Clannad which continues to be great! :grin:

I'm currently watching Spice an Wolf which is interesting... I'm not sure what to make of it.

Woo!

Mostly i use anime-plus because bleach and shippuuden is subbed like the day after its run on Japanese tv. =D you have to wait for youtube sometimes =(

And it seems to be back up so Fullmetal #2 here i come ^_^

Woo!

Mostly i use anime-plus because bleach and shippuuden is subbed like the day after its run on Japanese tv. =D you have to wait for youtube sometimes =(

And it seems to be back up so Fullmetal #2 here i come ^_^

YES! :D Enjoy FMA it is great :grin:

I still need to finish it! I'm on episode 25 i've been there for ages!

I mainly use Veoh, they seem to have almost everything except Hayate the combat butler! :)

Holy shit, I totally forgot about Hayate, I have 20 odd eps on my laptop and just stopped watching, I bet there's like no seeds now !_!

What worries me in there isn't Dicaprio... it's Norrington directing it... ugh...

I never really liked Akira anyway. I can see why it was a big deal at the time, massively over-budget, first anime movie to capture western attention, lots of night time stuff and bike action. Just... wasn't for me.

C'mon Shorty... that's the superficial part... I expected more from you... :(

mushishi... live action

Wow, you rock! :indeed:

Holy shit, I totally forgot about Hayate, I have 20 odd eps on my laptop and just stopped watching, I bet there's like no seeds now !_!

I have only seen the first sixteen episodes of Hayate! It's quite long! I found a website that streams it though! :)

I'm waiting until the Summer to start long series like Monster! So i have more time and give more concentration on them! :D

C'mon Shorty... that's the superficial part... I expected more from you... :(

I wasn't necessarily saying those were the best bits, I just think that they're the reason that it got so much widespread attention - and that personally the storyline and everything underneath wasn't to my taste.

So Olivia Inspi'Reira from Nana is Olivia Lufkin after all? It surprises me that she'd dwell in such soundscapes. :heh:

Down to episode 15 of Nana... don't really know what to think as of yet. Seems to be a good story about two girls, but I hate them both, one's a retard and the other's a pretentious hipster. I'll keep watching it,maybe they'll grow in me. But I can see why it's popular, it's very well crafted.

So Olivia Inspi'Reira from Nana is Olivia Lufkin after all? It surprises me that she'd dwell in such soundscapes. :heh:

Down to episode 15 of Nana... don't really know what to think as of yet. Seems to be a good story about two girls, but I hate them both, one's a retard and the other's a pretentious hipster. I'll keep watching it,maybe they'll grow in me. But I can see why it's popular, it's very well crafted.

I thought you knew that.

That's why it's great, you don't to like them, you just need to feel something for them (which applies to any character in fiction), they're more real than generic anime girl #300 and the story is very well crafted, so you end up feeling a connection with them.

Also, watched Gurren Lagann OVA 1, where the hell did that come from? lol

Spring season lineup

03/07 St. Seiya The Hades Chapter - Elysion Episode 1 - superheroes

03/14 Bus Gamer - Not an anime about buses; it's supposed to be about business (a fit of Engrish, it would seem). Then again it's apparently not really about business either, it's more like a fighting tournament with corporate secrets as prizes. Based on a short manga that apparently has some sort of cult status.

03/21 Kite Liberator - OVA, sequel to the (apparently very bloody) 1998 OVA "Kite" (it has been released in the US but only in a censored version). Apparently it's about a high school girl who goes around killing people with her alternate "angel of death" personality.

03/24 Ikuze! Gen-san - Seems kinda like a mix of Super Mario and Bob the Builder.

03/25 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Next Season vol. 2

03/25 .hack//G.U. Trilogy - Even more of this? This one is a CG movie, it seems.

03/26 To Heart 2 Another Days - OVA. I don't think anyone except possibly Moogy actually watches this.

03/28 School Days: Magical Heart Kokoro-chan - Magical girl spinoff OVA of that Nice Boat show, starring Kokoro Katsura (Kotonoha's little sister) as the magical girl.

03/31 Chi's Sweet Home - About a cat

04/02 Yu-Gi-Ou 5D's - ...

04/02 Lupin III Green vs. Red - OVA about everyone's favorite thief.

04/03 Allison to Lilia (Allison and Lilia) - Madhouse makes an anime adaption of that guy's who wrote Kino's Journey other novel/manga. This one is about a female air force pilot in a fantasy world with 1930's technology and two cultures that have been at war for hundreds of years.

04/03 Kyou Kara Maou! Season 3 - MrVacBob says: "gay".

04/05 Kanokon - Romantic comedy fanservice harem show (read: smut). Guy transfers to new school, meets fox-girl and wolf-girl (voiced by Ayako Kawasumi and Mamiko Noto respectively, what a waste of talent. not because of the furries but because of the horribly generic lovecomedy format).

04/06 Nabari no Ou (The King of Nabari) - High school student gets pulled into a fantasy world full of ninjas with hidden powers.

04/06 Internet Ghost PIPOPA - :wtc: (apparently some gay Second Life thing)

04/06 Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - Another season of chess, mechas, Pizza Hut, mind control and badass characters. If you haven't watched the first season yet, you really should. (R2 is not a typo for S2, by the way.)

04/07 Soul Eater - Shounen-ish action show involving shinigami/death gods/death spirits (seems like a hugely popular ingredient lately) and (allegedly) a rather twisted sense of humour.

04/07 Monochrome Factor - Based on a manga (licensed by Tokyopop) about some guy who becomes a "shadow creature" and gains various powers in order to maintain the balance of, uh, something. Some of the staff, including the director, also worked on the (in)famous shounen-ai show Loveless. Given the manga's pretty boy character designs, I'm not sure what conclusions we should draw from that.

04/07 Vampire Knight - Shoujo high school vampire show with the female protagonist being a "guardian" dedicated to upholding the balance between the vampires and the normal humans. Prone to lots of angsty forbidden romance. Based on the manga with the same name (licensed by Viz).

04/08 Uchi no San Shimai

04/10 Kamen no Maid Guy (The Masked Maid Guy) - Comedy show that seems suspiciously like Hayate the Combat Butler, complete with crossdressing and everything. Was the Hayate manga created to poke fun at these things or is it the other way around? :iiam:

04/10 Kaiba - :siren: Artfags, this is for you! :siren: Madhouse and Masaki Yuasa (the guy responsible for directing things like Mind Game, Kemonozume and Cat Soup) does something that is said to be a "science fiction love story". Be on lookout for the mindfucks.

04/11 Golgo 13 - For those of you who missed it, this is based on a monstrously long (debuted 1968) and very popular adult manga about a badass (the word doesn't really cover it though) assassin. The manga has gratuitous sex, drugs and violence, but it remains to be seen to what extent this will carry over to the TV version. No website yet.

04/25 Tsubomi's Secret vol. 1: "Keep the Baby a Secret" - OVA, based on a slice of life manga about a girl growing up and going through puberty (the "baby" thing in the title most likely refers to the pregnancy of the main character's mother).

04/26 Suna Dokei (Sand Chronicles) - Cinematic movie, based on a shoujo/slice-of-life manga. Teenage love, families falling apart, small town Japan.

04/30 Strait Jacket vol. 3

04/??? Wagaya no Oinari-sama - Based on a series of romance light novels that revolve around an ancient fox god dedicated to protecting a modern family. Said fox god can apparently switch genders for some reason. The character designs seem oddly familiar.

04/??? Nijuu-Mensou no Musume (The daughter of 20-faces) - Bones does an anime adaption of a manga about a female thief (voiced by Aya Hirano). Judging from the trailer, it seems to have lots of potential for gratuitous French. The name of the show (and the manga) literally means "daughter of 20-faces" where 20-faces is "The Fiend with 20 Faces", who apparently is a famous character from a series of (mostly unrelated but very popular) Japanese suspense novels. (update: I have bolded this on the insistence of RH.)

04/??? Toshokan Sensou (The Library War) - From Production I.G.'s department of :psyduck: productions we get "The Library War", a military science fiction anime about a group of people who fight to stop an organization dedicated to destroying offensive books deemed "harmful", directed by the guy responsible for Sisters of Wellber and airing in the Noitamina timeslot. (what)

04/??? Real Drive Sennou Chousashitsu - From Production I.G.'s department of Serious Cyberpunk Science Fiction Productions (featuring Masamune Shirow), we get... something that seems like a cross between Ghost in the Shell and Serial Experiments Lain (hi MVB). The director has a pretty interesting track record (Zipang, Chevalier d'Eon, You're Under Arrest, Hunter x Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, other stuff).

04/??? Himitsu Top Secret - Based on a philosophical sci-fi suspense manga that follows a forensics team in a future world where, contrary to the name, nothing is really secret since brain scanning technology allows reading up to five years worth of the scanned person's memories, even if the person in question is dead. Adaption by Madhouse.

04/??? To-Love-Ru - Some ecchi harem comedy thing complete with loser guy and girl from another planet. The name is supposed to be a really hilarious pun since the English word "trouble" written with kana would be "to-ra-bu-ru" which, if you drop the "ru", is the same as how you'd write "to love" ("to ra-bu").

04/??? S-A ~Special-A~ - Based on a popular shoujo manga with the same name. The concept reminds me of early Kare Kano; girl sees guy as rival and wants to beat him, guy loves girl but she doesn't realize it.

04/??? Da Capo II Second Season - Since I can't seem get the relationships between all the Da Capo things straight if my life depended on it, I had a fansubber friend who watches this kind of stuff sum it up for me: "Da Capo - Original. Da Capo SS - Da Capo Shitty Season to capitalize on the first season. Da Capo II - Based on the second game. Da Capo II SS - Improved Da Capo II to make up for starring the wrong girl in the first season." They sure do like living up to the name of the franchise.

04/??? Itazura na Kiss - Shoujo drama/comedy thing that follows genius guy and airheaded girl (supported by the guy's slightly deranged mother) over the course of several years.

04/??? Neo Angelique Abyss - Fantasy harem show but in reverse, one girl and a harem of pretty guys instead of moéblobs. A spinoff of this OVA.

04/??? Kure-nai - High school boy swears to protect 7-years old female heir to a powerful corporate syndicate. Allegedly it's kinda like a dark, violent and disturbing version of Hayate the Combat Butler, except the guy isn't a butler and doesn't have any superpowers. Actually scratch that, it's not like Hayate at all.

04/??? Blassreiter - Nitro+ and guess who... *drumroll* ... GONZO cooperate to create another CG-animated mecha (?) show. It looks suspiciously like Dragonauts, except it's got motorcycles instead of dragons. This can't possibly end well. The

has some rather funky CG.

04/??? Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (Frenzied Family Journal) - ANN says: "Half-human special-ops unit masquerades as a family to save Earth". Has at least one catgirl; apparently it's a comedy show and not action.

04/??? Crystal Blaze (Glass Maiden) - Mandoric says: "The upshot is that it's an attempt at a hard-boiled, allegedly older-targeted detective show set in a near-future fictional East Asian city; the image items, so to speak, are a Smith and Wesson model 29 revolver and an '80s Trans Am. Possibly cool, but probably pure fangirl bait." For some reason the official English title is "Glass Maiden" despite the "Japanese" title being English (but written with kana) in the first place.

04/??? Macross Frontier - I think you should have heard of this. See the thread.

04/??? xxxHOLiC Tsugi - Another season of CLAMP characters doing CLAMP-related things.

04/??? Gyagu Manga Biyori 3 - nonstop gags

04/??? Sugar Bunnies 2 - Sanrio toys gimmick.

04/??? The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of URUK~ - Gonzo, spearheaded by the Last Exile/FMP S1 director and the author of the Full Metal Panic novels adapts a fantasy game series subtitled "The Recovery of Babylim" (sic).

04/??? Zettai Karen Children (Absolutely Adorable Children) - Light comedy about three 10-year old girls with various superpowers (teleportation, psychokinesis and "psychometry", whatever that means) whom the government tries to use for various military purposes (not very successfully, to the annoyance of their caretaker lieutenant).

04/??? Amatsuki - Shounen fantasy following the tried and trusted "guy gets thrown back to historic era, meets warrior girl who saves his life, makes new friends etc. etc." concept.

04/??? Junjou Romantica - Harem (?) romance show... with only guys. :gay:

04/??? Fire Ball - Apparently Disney does some kind of CG thing produced in Japan. Other than that I have no idea.

05/23 Hoshi no Umi no Amuri (Amuri in Star Ocean) vol.1 - OVA. Has nothing to do with the Star Ocean series of games; apparently it's something about mermaids. Interestingly, the guy who writes and directs it also directed GaoGaiGar. I wonder what that means.

05/30 Tsubomi's Secret vol. 2

06/27 Tsubomi's Secret vol. 3

Later: (far from complete list)

Spring: Kara no Kyokai - More Kara no Kyokai movies.

Spring: Eve no Jikan (Are you enjoying the time of EVE?) - Science fiction movie. Looks potentially very interesting.

Spring: True Messiah Legend Fist of the North Star: Legend of Kenshiro - Movie about MANLINESS

June: Telepathy Shoujo Ran

Summer: Hidamari Sketch x365

Summer: Tetsuwan Birdy (Birdy the Mighty) - Remake of a 1996 OVA which in turn is based on an 80's manga.

Summer: CODE-E S2 - I can't remember what the first season was about.

August: Sky Crawlers - Mamoru Oshii + Production I.G.

October: Gundam 00 S2

Autumn: Linebarrels of Iron - Designs look oddly similar to Evangelion.

EDIT: I stole this from Something Awful so there's some references you might not get.

School Days OVA about one of the few nice characters -.- Still haven't watched the LxH OVA.

Where's Haruhi T_T

I thought you knew that.

That's why it's great, you don't to like them, you just need to feel something for them (which applies to any character in fiction), they're more real than generic anime girl #300 and the story is very well crafted, so you end up feeling a connection with them.

Wich is why I keep watching it... :D I may hate them, but I want to know what's going to happen to them. :heh:

Like I said, it's very well crafted. And finally, a shojo with some true brains. :heh:

Whats sites do you use to watched streamed anime then?

I find myself watching Beck Mongolian Chop Squad I'm really into the story of Lucile the guitar anyone else watching it of watched it?

I find myself watching Beck Mongolian Chop Squad I'm really into the story of Lucile the guitar anyone else watching it of watched it?

No, I believe you're are the first ever person to watch it. :smile:

School Days OVA about one of the few the only nice characters -.- Still haven't watched the LxH OVA.

Fixed for you. Seriously, I hated those characters. Actually, there was one other nice character - the one with the otaku boyfriend who was very minor. :heh:

Beck is awesome. I'll have to rewatch it sometime.

Looks at sig and previous sigs. Looks at Last FM account.

Nope. Never heard of it.

I've finished watching Blood+ and have to say I really enjoyed it! Episodes 20-30ish were simply awesome!

Gundam 00 episode 20 was great this week, can't wait to see how events unfold in the next few epispdes! Awesome anime it is!

...looking forward to Bleach later!

That episode of Bleach was F**KING AWESOME.

Seriously every part of it was gold. Best part is I have no idea where they are going. I mean is Soul Soceity going to come to the rescue, are they going to retreat? And Rukia's not actually dead is she? Is she?