NEurope

Nice work Bleach team, this episode had about 16 and a half minutes of content and some really terrible animation. At least episode 165ish should have a decent battle.

Ahh it wasn't that bad, it just felt short. And 166 is going to be the good one, 165 will be all build up

The voices aren't awful IMO, but the originals were a key part of the comedy - and that trailer just isn't funny. What does Lucky Star have if not comedy?

A bizarre atmosphere I suppose... even so, I hate the voices - they're just too damn American. Also I hate the way they butcher the pronunciation of Japanese names - [kɑːˈgæmiː] makes me squirm, it's ['kagami] dammit!

Is there an official complete Ghibli collection available? I can find plenty of versions, and my housemate bought one last year off ebay. The box seems official, but the DVDs are dodgy copies.

I'm on the last volume of Death Note now and I'm just as tense as when I was watching the anime.

One thing that I'm miffed about in the manga is they use 'Delete' instead of 'Eliminate' when Mikami is killing people. It sounds wrong...delete...

I'm on the last volume of Death Note now and I'm just as tense as when I was watching the anime.

One thing that I'm miffed about in the manga is they use 'Delete' instead of 'Eliminate' when Mikami is killing people. It sounds wrong...delete...

They use "eliminate" in the anime??? That sucks... "delete" shows just what type of person Mikami was... "eliminate" is just so... normal.

A clash of opinions then. Eliminate sounds much more evil, like he's actually killing them. I understand where you're coming from though. Delete sounds so impersonal, like he sees these people as scum.

Delete seems more fitting but Sakujo! sounded awesome with Eliminate! at the bottom of the screen.

A clash of opinions then. Eliminate sounds much more evil, like he's actually killing them. I understand where you're coming from though. Delete sounds so impersonal, like he sees these people as scum.

Delete seems more fitting but Sakujo! sounded awesome with Eliminate! at the bottom of the screen.

Delete is perfect. You already pointed out why.

In fact, I think sakujo has more of a "delete" sort of connotation.

e.g. このファイルは削除して下さい。 - Please delete this file.

Of course it can mean eliminate, but I'd guess delete is the sort of thing the autor was going for.

Reading from the manga, delete looks better. But hearing sakujo with the eliminate sub is better. Each form is adequate to its medium.

Reading from the manga, delete looks better. But hearing sakujo with the eliminate sub is better. Each form is adequate to its medium.

Hmm... one day I'll bother to watch the anime all the way to the end... even if it is just for the awesome soundtrack.

I think erase would have been good too.

No. Delete is more machine-like. Ctrl-Alt-Erase sounds gay.:heh:

Where do computers come into this? O_o

Erase sounds pretty sinister to me.

Where do computers come into this? O_o

Erase sounds pretty sinister to me.

Precisely. Erase is sinister. Mikami is like a machine, he's not a regular person. The more computerized and detached he sounds, the better. Hence... delete > erase.

Erase sounds good. But it doesn't have the same feeling as Delete. Delete sounds harsh, the d and the t are strong letters and just deleting something sounds like that something was nothing of value.

Erase sounds like it was there, you tried working on it but then in the end you wanted to change it.

*Navi*Listen!*Navi* (as im sure my questions always get overlooked :p)

Interesting topic for a dissertation? I am 90% sure I want to do anime (although I don't watch as much as 97% of people in here) but im not sure what. Part of me wants to include television (although it can be film &) because I want to do my MA in TV. I thought maybe something to do with Ghibli. But then I would like to do Ghost in the Shell and Death Note...Maybe the dominance of Japanese animation in contemporary pop culture/society/Britain (one of those) and its effects and stuff like that.

Another idea I had was a comparisson or discussion of Dexter and Death Note as they have a fair few similarities. Like an American and Japanese perspective on evil (and can go into religious imagery, pyschoanalytical theory etc). Would be nice to do British as well (seeing as...I am) but can't think of any recent serial killers, other than maybe Jeckyl but I had a reason for not doing that which I forget...

Erase sounds good. But it doesn't have the same feeling as Delete. Delete sounds harsh, the d and the t are strong letters and just deleting something sounds like that something was nothing of value.

Erase sounds like it was there, you tried working on it but then in the end you wanted to change it.

I agree with you somewhat... hmm, I think "erase" is more phonetically suited to genocide than homicide.

*Navi*Listen!*Navi* (as im sure my questions always get overlooked :p)

Interesting topic for a dissertation? I am 90% sure I want to do anime (although I don't watch as much as 97% of people in here) but im not sure what. Part of me wants to include television (although it can be film &) because I want to do my MA in TV. I thought maybe something to do with Ghibli. But then I would like to do Ghost in the Shell and Death Note...Maybe the dominance of Japanese animation in contemporary pop culture/society/Britain (one of those) and its effects and stuff like that.

Another idea I had was a comparisson or discussion of Dexter and Death Note as they have a fair few similarities. Like an American and Japanese perspective on evil (and can go into religious imagery, pyschoanalytical theory etc). Would be nice to do British as well (seeing as...I am) but can't think of any recent serial killers, other than maybe Jeckyl but I had a reason for not doing that which I forget...

I think the effects of Japanese animation in modern pop culture might be easier, you have lots of research material and aren't really limited to a very specialized subject.

Naruto is starting to build up to something awesome, although it could just be a huge anti-climax... who knows :S

I'm still saving my Naruto =o

2 weeks and I'll have stored up 5 episodes (since there is going to be a double episode special in a couple of weeks, although so far in Shippuuden they've all sucked). It will be really nice to watch several in a row again.

Gurren-Lagann Movie Info

- "I'll show something that is and is not Gurren Lagann!"

- The theme is "revival."

- They want to show everyone something very different from what they'd expect.

About the completely new project:

- "...we're aiming to make everyone who loved the TV show feel fulfilled..."

-They can't reveal the staff yet, but everyone will be impressed and really surprised after they do. Everyone is a recognized name of Gainax's history.

-We will see a trailer at the Tokyo Anime Fair.