NEurope

Does anyone know if episode 16 and 17 of Black Cat was a dream or did it really happen to Train on the mountain? After it all he just gets punched in the face so it baffled me.

Just another question, Does the episode information make any sense?

There are apparently 24 episodes yet I have and they have only 23? I'm going through my episodes now checking against the names of each episode but I'm confused.

There are 24 episodes but some places have only aired 23 episodes leaving out the real 15th episode called Tōzakaru Neko "( 遠ざかる猫, Tōzakaru Neko? A Runaway Cat".

Only Animaz has aired the episode as far as i'm aware. You should be able to find the episode now that you have the title of it.

Are there any jap animes available on virgin media?

Edit: more info on the dbz movie

Rossum roars onto 'Dragonball' cast

Emmy Rossum has joined the cast of 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of the popular Japanese comic "Dragonball."

"Heroes" actress Eriko Tamura, who plays Mai, and newcomer Joon Park, who plays bad boy Yamcha, are also coming aboard the film.

Rossum, who starred in "The Phantom of the Opera," joins a cast that includes Justin Chatwin, James Marsters and Jamie Chung.

The sci-fi adventure is being directed by James Wong. Stephen Chow, the filmmaker behind "Kung Fu Hustle" and "Shaolin Soccer," is producing.

Rossum's credits include "Poseidon," "Mystic River" and "The Day After Tomorrow." She recently released the album, "Inside Out," on Geffen Records and has a bundle of Christmas music available on iTunes.

Rossum is repped by CAA and Benderspink.

Tamura is repped by McKeon-Myones Entertainment and the law firm of Jackoway Tyerman.

Park is a former member of the Korean pop group G.O.D., one of the highest-selling acts in Asia. His credits include the upcoming film "Speed Racer" where he plays a Yakuza driver. He is repped by Essential Talent Management in Los Angeles and JYP Entertainment in Korea.

December 15, 2007

Read More at The Hollywood Reporter

Chung goes live with 'Dragonball'

Jamie Chung has joined Justin Chatwin and James Marsters in Fox's "Dragonball," the live-action adaptation of the popular Japanese comic.

James Wong is directing the science fiction action-adventure, which centers on an adult humanoid alien named Goku (Chatwin) who, after discovering he was sent to Earth to destroy the population, tries to fulfill the wish of his dying grandfather and collect all seven of the world's mystical Dragon Balls to keep them out of the hands of the evil aliens.

Chung will play Chi Chi, the love interest of Goku when he's growing up.

Marsters ("Buffy, the Vampire Slayer") plays the evil Piccolo, who tries to take over the world.

"Dragonball," which is being produced by Stephen Chow, is one of the most successful Japanese cultural exports of all time.

source:http://www.dragonballz.com

Still don't know whether to be happy or not about this. It sounds like it could be good but i'm certainly not expecting anything.

Theres Anime Central on Sky but i'm not sure if there are going to be any channels like that on Virgin Media. There might be some on Jetix if you recieve that channel.

I wasn't really a fan of the dragonball anime, so i'm not really interested in the live-action adaptation. It might be interesting to see what the live-action characters look like though. It'll be wierd to see Justin Chatwin in an orange jumpsuit with big spiky hair.

my anime central has gone all slow and crappy lately. Is that just because of my signal or is there some way to improve reception for that channel?

All other channels are fine.

Also that channel rocks :D I watch bleach and ghost in the shell and cowboy bepop on it =]

Well, I just saw episode 24 of Higurashi... make sure you watch after the credits, there's an interesting bit there.

And the crazy thing is that a 3rd series has been announced, which is very strange, because the story's over now. If they use source material, then I hope they cover Saikoroshi-hen. (a "perfect" world, set after Matsuribayashi-hen) I suppose they could try some of the manga-only arcs like Onisarashi-hen (all about Natsumi), Yoigoshi-hen (set in present day, after the gas disaster), or Utsutsukowashi-hen. (covering some of Shion's time at her boarding school) Or they could try PS2 exclusive arcs - Taraimawashi-hen and it's solution, Tsukiotoshi-hen (variations on Meakashi-hen) and Miotsukushi-hen. (the supposed "true" ending to the series, said to be less happy but more meaningful) But I don't see how they could link these arcs to make a coherent story, so maybe the content will be mostly new.

There are 24 episodes but some places have only aired 23 episodes leaving out the real 15th episode called Tōzakaru Neko "( 遠ざかる猫, Tōzakaru Neko? A Runaway Cat".

Only Animaz has aired the episode as far as i'm aware. You should be able to find the episode now that you have the title of it.

I read up on it before, wiki has (DVD) next to it so I guessed it was only a DVD episode. Not bothered really now, I've got 2 episodes left.

It'll be wierd to see Justin Chatwin in an orange jumpsuit with big spiky hair.

Do you people really believe they'll keep the hair? Fuck no, it can't be done right with people, it'll be completely different.

At this point it seems as though the movie is going to cover most of Dragonball if not all of it, which means it could be a long movie. It all depends on weather they cast a Piccolo JR.

At this point it seems as though the movie is going to cover most of Dragonball if not all of it, which means it could be a long movie. It all depends on weather they cast a Piccolo JR.

My guess is Marsters IS Piccolo Jr. And the villain is yet to surface...

Oh, I thought it was going to be a Dragon Ball Z movie. I guess it has a slightly better chance of being good now, if done right.

Hmm wasn't there DBZ live before? and wasn't it really shit? as are the cartoon movies (NON FUCKING CANON) but i'll wait and see

ok! :D you can stand Naruto Dubbed? :o You have more stamina than me! :)

I couldn't listen to him for more than a minute!

Dude, just move to subs now. A little more activity for your eyes is little when compared to the soul destroying sound of the disgustingly horrid dubs you are listening to.

I find it incredibly amusing when someone's too lazy for subtitles, maybe I'm just too used to them.

Watch till episode 19... you'll be completely hooked. That is all.

Plus, dub = lazy bastard.

Subtitles are annoying because they're sometimes too small for me to read, and I'm forced to sit forward and read them. Even then, if there's a close up of somebody's eye, white lettering on white skin is hard for me to read clearly. :nono:

Also, I don't mind watching dubbed anime, but Naruto's voice did grate a bit during that first episode. I watch Shaolin Soccer subtitled, maybe I should with Naruto. ::shrug:

Just finished Black Cat. I really enjoyed it.

Animation was a bit hard to watch at times for me but it looked great.

Not one of the best, it doesn't have an impact on me now like others did, but good none the less.

Finally an anime with a good ending. Apart from one thing.

Why can't they just have a good ending anime...jeez.

Subtitles are annoying because they're sometimes too small for me to read, and I'm forced to sit forward and read them. Even then, if there's a close up of somebody's eye, white lettering on white skin is hard for me to read clearly. :nono:

Also, I don't mind watching dubbed anime, but Naruto's voice did grate a bit during that first episode. I watch Shaolin Soccer subtitled, maybe I should with Naruto. ::shrug:

It's not that you should... it's that you must!

It's not that you should... it's that you must!

*sigh* Fine, then. I WILL watch Naruto subbed. :smile:

Believe me, you'll thank yourself for it. Then after you'll question why you watched it dubbed.

Anyone care to share what Dragonaut is about?

I've only watched the first episode but I'm alread confused. Maybe it'll get into it I don't know. I shall see.

Yeah i watched Episode 1 of Dragonaut and got really confused as to what it was all about and what was going on! :wtf:

That was when it first came out and i haven't continued it yet. :)

I'm gonna give it a go. Don't see why not, everyone has their own tastes.

I am liking it's art style.

Actually, the dragons don't look all that great...