NEurope

Next Naruto, 20th Dec hour long special.

Really looking forward to it, they've finally done something worth watching.

=o an hour long special that's awesome. Here's hoping it's not half filler. The last ep was great, youknowwho's sudden appearance was chilling.

If want I think is in the next episode then it better be done well or i'll be annoyed. Hopefully it'll be as good as the last one cause the next will deserve it.

=o an hour long special that's awesome. Here's hoping it's not half filler. The last ep was great, youknowwho's sudden appearance was chilling.

It's kinda hard to make filler in the middle right now, unless they pull a Gai fighting scene.

It's kinda hard to make filler in the middle right now, unless they pull a Gai fighting scene.

Oh god that was horrible.

Okay this is a weird question. But I feel like watching an anime with a sad ending now, no reason why. Whether it be the hero dies or it just generally ends in a say way I don't mind.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Okay this is a weird question. But I feel like watching an anime with a sad ending now, no reason why. Whether it be the hero dies or it just generally ends in a say way I don't mind.

School Days

You not finished Eureka 7 yet? Not so much a sad ending, more a depressing ending. I guess if you have a girlfriend though...

You could watch the FMA episode where

Hughes dies.

I will download all of bleach once I get my new laptop for xmas (I'm currently using an old laptop thats not so good). Thats why I'm using youtube for the time being.

Also if you are looking for a good anime dvd site then I recomend the Amazon UK Marketplace. I got dragon ball z seasons 1,2 and 3 for about 17 quid each. the single dvds are about £3.50 each

Well, taking into consideration that the story only really comes together on the second series and that the second series is immenselly superior to the first one, I'd say that watching the first one and then not watch the second one is one of the most stupid things one could ever do. That is all.

I probably prefer the first series. It's worth noting that large sections of Yakusamashi-hen (the first arc of the second series) were taken straight from earlier arcs - the baseball game was in Tatarigoroshi-hen (we only caught a little of it in the anime), and the whole scene with Kameda-kun was necessary to show you Keiichi's abilities to convince people. (read: MAGICIAN OF WORDS reality marble :wink:) The zombie oni game was pretty much identical to the 4th chapter of Onikakushi-hen, with added Shion. For comparsion, here is my translation of that part of Onikakushi-hen: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bs95wb

This was silly to put in Onikakushi-hen, because the punishment games hint at what will happen later in the arc - go back and look at them again if you weren't aware of this. Here however, it does not.

Additionally, the first episode of kai was an adaptation of the Demon's Script TIP which was shown after finished Tsumihoroboshi-hen. They added in adult Rena, so that they could flash back to a scene with Rika which they foolishly omitted from Tsumihoroboshi-hen.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun - I mean Trigun has a happy ending but

I often wonder though, why is it that subs are better? I mean, I think they are, but why? Sometimes I think it's because we're not fluent in Japanese, so the things they're saying seem less ridiculous. When you hear American voices talking about Japanese things and saying Japanese names, or talking about silly things like "soul reavers" (as IIRC they called Death Gods/Shinigami in the Bleach dub :nono:) it sounds a bit ridiculous and that's off putting.

Maybe some Japanese people think the voice acting- which we consider superior- is actually pretty poor.

Or maybe its just that Japanese seiyuu are awesome and American VAs suck.

Maybe it's because you get the pure content... With dubbing you always wonder what they changed, and it's usually alot...

Plus, they were made in Japanese, they're supposed to be watched in Japanese. Subtitles don't bother me in the leastest. That's what I love about my country... we don't dub movies. We sub everything.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun - I mean Trigun has a happy ending but
Wooolfwooooooooood, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO:weep:
:weep::weep:

Why did you remind me of that. WHYYYYYY?

Besides the ones Shorty said, I heard Saikano is really sad but never watched it. Its only 13 episodes, wanna try it out for me?

Besides the ones Shorty said, I heard Saikano is really sad but never watched it. Its only 13 episodes, wanna try it out for me?

Sure i'll give it a watch. And post here what it's like.

Gonna watch Trigun that Shorty mentioned. Seen some Cowboy bepod but not all of it and seen all of Evangelion so since i've seen no Trigun i'll watch that.

I often wonder though, why is it that subs are better? I mean, I think they are, but why? Sometimes I think it's because we're not fluent in Japanese, so the things they're saying seem less ridiculous. When you hear American voices talking about Japanese things and saying Japanese names, or talking about silly things like "soul reavers" (as IIRC they called Death Gods/Shinigami in the Bleach dub :nono:) it sounds a bit ridiculous and that's off putting.

Maybe some Japanese people think the voice acting- which we consider superior- is actually pretty poor.

Or maybe its just that Japanese seiyuu are awesome and American VAs suck.

Firstly, Japanese seiyuu are way better, because it's a massive industry and far more money is spent on voices... additionally, the animation is made to fit the Japanese speech. (though oddly enough it's almost always done beforehand) There are famous voice actors who are known for their quality - for instance, Mai Nakahara, Aya Hirano, and Horie Yui. Also, as other people have said, it was originally designed to have a Japanese soundtrack.

However, you're right about the ridiculousness thing... there's a scene in Mai Otome where

Akane chooses Kazu-kun over her master.

When I first watched that, I knew hardly any Japanese, and thought the scene was really awesome. However, when I rewatch it now (understanding some of the language), it just seems cheesy.

does anyone know if Naruto Shippuuden the movie is somewhere on the net to download? becouse it is out already since may 24

You will have to wait til it is out on DVD, I doubt any sub groups sub back of the cinema recordings.

No they don't, DB have always waited for the DVD release in the past and I imagine that's still a ways off.

Hmm lets compare how long it was between the 3rd movie being in the OP to it being released, one moment please....

ok, episode 197 was the first appearance of the 3rd movie OP clips. It aired August 16 2006. DB released the movie subbed 231 days ago, which would be.... 29 April 2007. That's 256 days between OP trailer and DB release.

The 4th movie trailer appeared in Shippuuden OPs at episode 24, which aired August 9 2007. Thankfully that's so close to the other one that I don't need to redo the calculations ;) It suggests that we should get the 4th movie subbed roughly around 22 April 2008.

Although that's not taking into account the possibility that DVDs are being released sooner in Japan like they are here.

Pokémon, because

it never ends.

Pokémon, because
it never ends.

Ha true, I would even go as far as starting to cry trying to watch it all. It would be worse than watching the Naruto fillers...

Ha true, I would even go as far as starting to cry trying to watch it all. It would be worse than watching the Naruto fillers...

That's coz it's 140% filler. :D