NEurope

Unknown Coolness Bears :(

Dragonball Z easteregg in ep21 of Gurren Lagann. :P

GL21-2.png

That makes me a sad bear. :(

I always get it wrong i never spell the name right, it is also one of my favourites as well!

That picture makes me happy though.:D

I started watching Gurren Lagann yesterday. It's been mentioned a few times in this thread but I never really paid attention but after a recommendation from a different forum I decided to give it a go.

This show is pretty badass and I'm only on episode 5. Word is it gets increasingly awesome, much like death note I suppose. I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously and it likes to play on the whole motivational speech cliche.

This evolving style seems cool as well.

Fun show.

Ooo just finished watching bleach 138 and it's soo intense waiting for the next episode!

oo BTW guys can anyone recommend a series for me, since when I get to uni I wont have the internet for a week or two.

anyy suggestions..

I've got so much to do, I think I'll let Bleach pile up for a while.

Ooo just finished watching bleach 138 and it's soo intense waiting for the next episode!

oo BTW guys can anyone recommend a series for me, since when I get to uni I wont have the internet for a week or two.

anyy suggestions..

If you like Bleach: One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Trigun, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell SAC should all appeal (off the top of my head, there are dozens more).

Damn still the same song for the Naruto intro but different footage at the start.Probably new intro in a couple of weeks if it's to the end of the current arc.

Also a thought crossed my mind.I wonder if they quality of Naruto hasn't been the same since the first 10 odd minutes of the first episode when you seen him is because they're sharing the same budget as the movie.

If you like Bleach: One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Trigun, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell SAC should all appeal (off the top of my head, there are dozens more).

I catch naruto and bleach everytime it comes out, I even watch the fillers XD lol Eureka 7 is one of my fav animes.

hmm I watched Haruhi, onegai twins teacher, FMA, samuri shamploo, lucky star, love hina, mai hime, mai otome.

I heard ghost in a shell + full pmetal panic is worth it.

What about gunslinger girls?

I just read the FLCL manga.

I'm lost for words, it's crazier than the anime.

Death Note - Special Episode has been air on Japanese tv.

The animals in the Gurren Lagann world are creation of Lord Genome, and are the results of failed experiments to create the beastmen, and does not in fact have any spiral energy. They don't breed, they multiply on their own, like single-cell creatures. They are programmed to keep certain number of themselves in existence, so they multiply if this number diminishes due to being hunted for food and such.

Likewise, beastmen cannot breed either. Their population are controlled by Lord Genome's cloning technology.

Beastmen's life expectancy varies greatly, but in average they live around 30 years.

Gunmen's main driving power is based on Spiral energy, but also have a solar-powered back-up battery. This is how beastmen can operate the Gunmen, and this is why when human beings pilot them, they are much more powerful than when beastmen do.

When a new pilot gets into a gunmen, it takes a while to create a profile for the pilot.

The Gunmen reprograms itself to suit the new pilot's Spiral power. This is why it took a while for Kamina.

The fact that Kamina was the first human to ride a gunmen in many centuries may also have affected its delay.

EVA:1.0 also has been air on Japanese TV.

evangelion7nj5.jpg

* The color of the sea is depicted as red, instead of being blue.

* Sachiel is attacked by ordinary bombs and missiles, before being attacked with a N² bomb.

* The NERV logo has been slightly changed

* The Seele logo has been changed.

* Shinji wears an ID card on his chest within NERV headquarters.

* The Eva launch sequence is primarily done with CGI.

* Unit 01 now features various glowing, green colored bands.

* Before returning to Misato's apartment, Shinji and Misato go shopping for food.

* Within the convenience store and Misato's apartment, corporate product placement is visible (Lawson Convenience Stores, Frito Lay, Yebisu Beer, Kirin Beer, and UCC Coffee).

* When Shinji and Misato watch Tokyo3 go underground, the scene is primarily done with CGI.

* Shamshel's segmented limbs are completely CGI.

* Unit 01 uses a gattling-gun against Shamsel, instead of a simple rifle.

* After grabbing Shamshel’s "energy whips", Unit 01’s hands are revealed to be composed of humanoid flesh.

* Unit 01's progressive knife is housed in the upper-portion of the shoulder.

* When Shamshel is killed, he entirely liquifies into blood, except for his "energy whips", which remain imbedded in Unit 01.

* When running away from home, Shinji spends a night sleeping in a business district, within a cardboard box.

* Shinji ends up walking to a portion of highway which was damaged by his latest fight, and finally decides he wants to return home.

* After making this decision, NERV agents appear, and return Shinji to Tokyo-3.

* Ramiel is almost entirely animated with CGI, and when attacking or defending changes shape.

* When devising the plan to combat Ramiel, Misato holds a short meeting with the other adults, so they can discuss an effective strategy.

* The preparations for the battle with Ramiel are more involved, and shown with greater detail.

* Shinji explains to Misato that piloting an Eva is scary for him, but it must seem easy to Misato because she observes everything from behind a computer terminal.

* Lilith (said to be Adam) is shown to Shinji, and Misato explains that the angels are attacking Tokyo3 because they want to free "Adam", and trigger a "third impact".

* Touji and Kensuke send a Shinji a message wishing him good luck with his next encounter.

* Before engaging Ramiel directly, NERV utilizes a variety of conventional weapons (missiles, heavy artillery, etc.).

* Shinji hits Ramiel with an initial beam of energy, but it does not kill Ramiel. Ramiel's response nearly destroys the entire mountain which houses Unit 01 and Unit 00.

* Gendou recommends having Rei take the next shot at Ramiel, but Misato objects, and says that Shinji will remember the encouraging words from Touji and Kensuke, and regain his confidence.

* When killed, Ramiel hardens into a spiked-ball and explodes into a rain of blood.

* Shinji uses Unit 01's progressive knife to remove Unit 00's entry plug, so he can free Rei.

* Kaworu is introduced at the end of the film. He rises naked from a box, and speaks directly with Seele 01, and concludes by saying he wants to hurry and meet Shinji.

Are there any groups who are going to be subbing the Death Note special?

Yes.Yes there is.

Awesome. Now the wait until it's done then.

*twiddles thumbs*

Its going to be along wait because Death Note special is three hours long.

Its going to be along wait because Death Note special is three hours long.

Yea usually took a couple of days for a standard 20/25 minute episode.

Also just to say that the special is only about the first arc with L in it.No idea if it shows the rest of the manga or not.

Would someone mind just giving me a quick idea of what the Death note special is about. I've seen the series (no.2 anime btw) but not the manga.

I believe it's an alternate ending which follows the manga better, but if it's out I have not seen it.

Only the RAWs out so far.I imagine the subbed will be out Thursday/Friday.

I think it's a recap of the first arc with Lights confrontation with L with new scenes and music but the view is from the Shinigami.Though I hope we see a closer ending to the manga.

Thanks for the info, sounds like good stuff. I always look forward to the music most with Death note, which is saying a lot. Waiting for a subbed version then.

I'm quite a fan of the DeathNote music aswell, I find my self listening to the music quite a lot.Looking forward to this special though.

Saw the manga of Death Note in Forbidden Planet and another place, both places didn't have volume 1 of it though which really sucked. Really really sucked.

I was gonna get the first and last few volues when I was in America cause I still hadn't seen the last 5 episodes but decided not to cause I didn't wanna spoil it. But it dawned on me later I could of bought them but not read them...

Ah man looks like there's a live action DragonBall Z movie afterall.Has a budge of atleast $100 million.I swear to good this better be good and not corny with stupid characters.Expected to be finished filming by July next year and is done by fox.

Also the second Eva movie is to have redesigned EVas and a new girl in it.