NEurope

Gainax Lost The Rights For Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Summary: Two prominent members of GAINAX who manage the Evangelion movie copyrights have left and formed a new company called Ground Works to manage those rights. GAINAX's name has been left off of a huge portion of new Eva materials and merchandise, replaced by Ground Works. Thus, GAINAX and the recent Evangelion films may be splitting up. It's not like Hideki Anno's anger helped, either.

Man, gonna delay 3.0 even longer. And waiting for 2.0 was bad enough...

Man, gonna delay 3.0 even longer. And waiting for 2.0 was bad enough...

How come people have seen the subbed version of EVA.2.2 that was released on Blu-ray and DVD?

How come people have seen the subbed version of EVA.2.2 that was released on Blu-ray and DVD?

Its out on the usual places. I'll probably watch it tonight.

Most likely torrents, but I seen it legitimately at an event so it's all good!

I saw 2.22 in London the other week, full blown cinema experience with 1.11 shown before hand, shit was awesome.

I've downloaded 2.22 with subs, I don't see the harm considering I bought both the dvd and bluray of 1.11 like a tool and will probably do the same for 2.22

And it's important to note that if they still have the same plan, 3.0 was gonna take a while, as it's supposed to be launched along side 4.0 (I very much doubt that plan will stick, but there's alot less to cover after the second movie)

So, with FMA: Brotherhood coming to an end soon I decided finally start watching it so I could catch up and end around the same time as the series does. I started just over a week ago and I simply adore it!

I can't believe how much better it is than the original series. Everything flows so much smoother and the action comes thick and fast. I was a little worried at the start due as a few of the episodes were very samey to the original series but once it got past that and new charcaters were brought in it really hit a whole new level.

Speaking of new characters I love Ling, think he's the freaking man! I like Miles aswell, hes done nothing so far but he looks cool. Im also a fan of Olivier, despite her being a bit of a bitch. :D

Im only up to episode 49 but...

Its great to seen Mustang still has a central role to play in this series. I was loving his battle against Lust and went nuts a few scenes before when Gluttony was attacking Hawkeye and Fuery. They ran out of bullets and then all you hear is the snap of Mustangs fingers and Gluttony goes flying out the window in a massive explosion.

I was quite sad (again) that Hughes died. I was hoping it may have been different this time around but alas it was not to be. :(

Im not happy with that little SOB that calls himself Selim. I was quite shocked to find that he was Pride and the way he treated Hawkeye, toying with her was annoying I hope the little punk gets a beating. I was happy he couldn't touch Van in the tunnels though. Hehe.

One of the episodes I watched last night ended on such a high. Pride and Gluttony attacked, Ed blew the power so everything was dark, Greed let Ling take control to fight and then Lan Fan came out of nowhere and slashed Gluttony to pieces. Was freaking epic!

So, yeah im loving the series and can't wait to watch some more. Just a shame there's not many more to go.

I've downloaded 2.22 with subs, I don't see the harm considering I bought both the dvd and bluray of 1.11 like a tool and will probably do the same for 2.22

Likewise :laughing: I feel no qualms about downloading something when I will hand over the money soon enough. The only thing keeping them from having the money right now is the speed at which they get the blu-ray out internationally.

FMA...

Ah, just wait until 53-54; amazing episodes. And everything from then, too.

And it's important to note that if they still have the same plan, 3.0 was gonna take a while, as it's supposed to be launched along side 4.0 (I very much doubt that plan will stick, but there's alot less to cover after the second movie)

As far as I was aware, production for 3.0 didn't start till either late last year or start of this year, can't remember which.

Also, not many folk are aware, but 3.0 and 4.0 are getting released alongside with each other because both are planned to last around 45 minutes each.

But i'm all for 2 more full blown movies if they can make it happen. Squeezing in all the remaining angels into 3.0 will be hard if 4.0 is still a new conclusion to it all.

So, with FMA: Brotherhood coming to an end soon I decided finally start watching it so I could catch up and end around the same time as the series does. I started just over a week ago and I simply adore it!

I can't believe how much better it is than the original series. Everything flows so much smoother and the action comes thick and fast. I was a little worried at the start due as a few of the episodes were very samey to the original series but once it got past that and new charcaters were brought in it really hit a whole new level.

Speaking of new characters I love Ling, think he's the freaking man! I like Miles aswell, hes done nothing so far but he looks cool. Im also a fan of Olivier, despite her being a bit of a bitch. :D

Im only up to episode 49 but...

Its great to seen Mustang still has a central role to play in this series. I was loving his battle against Lust and went nuts a few scenes before when Gluttony was attacking Hawkeye and Fuery. They ran out of bullets and then all you hear is the snap of Mustangs fingers and Gluttony goes flying out the window in a massive explosion.

I was quite sad (again) that Hughes died. I was hoping it may have been different this time around but alas it was not to be. :(

Im not happy with that little SOB that calls himself Selim. I was quite shocked to find that he was Pride and the way he treated Hawkeye, toying with her was annoying I hope the little punk gets a beating. I was happy he couldn't touch Van in the tunnels though. Hehe.

One of the episodes I watched last night ended on such a high. Pride and Gluttony attacked, Ed blew the power so everything was dark, Greed let Ling take control to fight and then Lan Fan came out of nowhere and slashed Gluttony to pieces. Was freaking epic!

So, yeah im loving the series and can't wait to watch some more. Just a shame there's not many more to go.

Good to hear! Brotherhood is much better. As an awesome bonus, the series is getting an extra episode now instead of the planned 63 due to the last chapter being that big that the amount of material in the final chapter stupified them.

Some speculation went around at the time the previous chapter came out that it would be around 150 pages. Bring on the final chapter next week!

Good to see some FMA:B love around here :) I've been reading the manga and have yet to be disappointed.

As for the series, I'm up to episode 59 (which is one of the best, definitely). Hell, these last few episodes have been excellent, and haven't let the manga down at all (unlike those first 15 episodes...urgh)

But i'm all for 2 more full blown movies if they can make it happen. Squeezing in all the remaining angels into 3.0 will be hard if 4.0 is still a new conclusion to it all.

I imagine Kaworu is the only Angel remaining. At the end of the first movie, he wakes up in a coffin with four to his left already opened (The tunnel angel in captivity in 2.0, sahaquil, penis angel, ramiel) and four to his right unopened (clock angel, falling angel, bardiel, zeruel), so I think Kaworu is most likely the last angel remaining.

There seems to be a focus on 4 children and 4 adam's to bring fourth the Human Instrumentality Project, but there's a spanner in the works in 2.0, the Vatican Treaty, only allowed 3 Eva units in 1 place. I imagine this will give something similar to the JSSDF event in EOE, the breaking of the treaty will result in some form of warfare before the Third Impact.

Just my prediction, knowing Anno, my theory will be completely wrong.

Ah, just wait until 53-54; amazing episodes. And everything from then, too.

You weren't wrong! Theres just so much action its just full of win. Im finally caught up now, just watched episode 60 yesterday. Im gutted I now have to wait each week for the next episodes, clearly I went too fast watching through them all.

Ok first things first...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How could they do that to Mustang!? The SOBs made him blind! I demand vengence of the highest order. I was so gutted when that happened to him, especially after the BA sequence we got a few episodes before that were he owned Envy. FANTASTIC.

It was great to see Greed come back into play to take on Wrath, just a shame he didn't get the final blow on him. Although the scene after that was great where he tanned centrals army on the final wishes of Bucaneer.

When Wrath surfaced again I felt for sure that he was going to kill Scar but when Scar used his other arm to create rather than destroy I went nuts! I hope Scar does finish him off.

I felt sorry for Al, being that close to getting his body back but doing the noble thing and going back in the armour to help everyone fight. Poor guy. :(

I've never understood the appeal of extremely low quality scans and scripts etc., I'd rather just have the chapter as a whole package when it's clean and ready.

Bleach was a bit disappointing

it was blindly obvious when the guy healing (i always forget his name) said

"oh this barrier wont hold, i cant heal all of these injuries by myself in time"

WHERE ARE THE VIAZARD WHEN YOU NEED THEM. ITS LIKE HE KNOWS

Also I didn't realise that HorribleSubs did bleach... is this a new thing? (also a day earlier than normal to my reckoning)

I've never understood the appeal of extremely low quality scans and scripts etc., I'd rather just have the chapter as a whole package when it's clean and ready.

I only saw one of the scans and i was surprise to see him in it.

p4expteddy415.jpg

The script for the final chapter is out now? Hope some RAWs are available and maybe get a release late tonight. It's a bit hard waiting and trying to avoid the spoilers :heh:

Any idea what the page length of this chapter is?

Dayum been gone from this topic too long! Nice to see we are all watching or reading the same stuff. FMA is coming to an end. Had that feeling for awhile but nice to get confirmation. Can't believe the final chapter is coming! Maybe time to start buying the volumes....Anyone else read deadman wonderland. Awesome manga, but so brutal to it's main characters. And the truth hurts in this one. Also hellsing ultimate anyone. Awesome but the bloody thing comes out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slowly.

And of course the usual suspects bleach and naruto. Bleach, sigh, is disappointing whether it's the manga or the anime. Manga is WAAAAAAAY too short with it being read in less than 1 min and no bloody answers! Just more questions! It's more in common with lost! The anime, ugh filler upon disgusting filler, and so many characters that are so small time it hurts (Chad, Rukia, Renji ffs). And yet i still find myself watching and reading it. Well I will get a break when they start with the inevitable fillers again.

Naruto = pure awesomeness. Craps all over bleach, manga and anime. Even though the anime quality drops by quite a bit and quite often, at least the plot is gripping enough to keep you entertained. The episodes end before i even know it! And when the manga is all talk, no action (still enjoyable mind you because you get ANSWERS), the stage the anime is at with all these fights morie than makes up for it.

Oh and anyone watching wierd anime Katanagatari. I would recommend it, just for the unconventional character design, and to make others experience the pain of waiting a month for the next episode. Yes, a month. 12 episodes in total, only up to episode....6/7 so far. Reminds me of when it took me almost a year to download 700mb Vampire Hunter D: bloodlust on a 33.6kpbs modem connection. Got to watch an extra 5-10 mins every month :P

Edited by Deathjam

I recommended Deadman Wonderland a few pages back, don't think anyone took that into account though, I think Kav is the only person to try out one of my suggestions and he loves it (Bloody Monday)!

Finished watching series one of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya this morning, great anime, Phoenix Wright reference was hilarious. Is there a series 2?

Finished watching series one of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya this morning, great anime, Phoenix Wright reference was hilarious. Is there a series 2?

I am yet to watch Melancholy but i hear wonders of it! :) Watched Lucky Star from start to finish and it's loaded with Melancholy references so.... if it is as brilliant as Lucky Star... then i'm going to love it!

Not sure if theres a 2nd series coming but there's definitely something coming- Crispin Freeman has been working on the dubs for it so....

(not that i watch the dubs, though. Gimme my series in jp!!!)

There is a second season of Haruhi, it aired last year.

It's... ah... different. It's hard to explain without spoiling, you have to watch it :heh:

Trailer for new Ghibli Arrietty the Borrower

(well, trailer and behind the scenes stuff)

There is a second season of Haruhi, it aired last year.

It's... ah... different. It's hard to explain without spoiling, you have to watch it :heh:

Ah, so there *is* one :) Good to know. It's going on the pipeline!!