Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because you probably watched DBZ first or something probably even watched the censored versions. I'm glad we got it right here in portugal :P

And Goku used the cloud in the Raditz and Vegeta saga.

It's easy to say bad things about DB now (although it seems you're half kidding), but it revolutionized not just anime, but fiction.

That's because you probably watched DBZ first or something probably even watched the censored versions. I'm glad we got it right here in portugal :P

It's easy to say bad things about DB now (although it seems you're half kidding), but it revolutionized not just anime, but fiction.

That's pushing it.

(I was always kidding)

CN SUBS OWN!!!!

Anyway, why would goku need the cloud if he could fly anyways? and yeh, I watched DBZ first, not DB, DB was never brought into this country till after GT.

Don Hellfire has such a ringtone? Awesome :bowdown:

(I was always kidding)

CN SUBS OWN!!!!

Tsk, Tsk, If only you could understand the awesomeness of Portuguese Dragonball...

Anyway, why would goku need the cloud if he could fly anyways? and yeh, I watched DBZ first, not DB, DB was never brought into this country till after GT.

...Seriously? Blasphemy! DB is so much better than DBZ anyway. Back when the characters weren't different brands of invincibility, and humour ran the show. The closest thing to it in DBZ is the Buu Saga.

And Goku always used the cloud. He only learned to fly by training with Kaioh (I think).

Anyway, MORE DBZ?!!? :eek::o:yay: :yay:

Too bad it won't be dubbed in PT, though. I'd love to see some more...pearls. :wink:

That's pushing it.

For a 1984 series I think that's not pushing it at all. What other series had such impact before that? Maybe Astro Boy.

He didn't know how to fly in the Raditz saga so he needed the cloud. Piccolo and Raditz did know though.

I'll rewatch Dragon Ball one day but only the original DB and DBZ till the end of the Freezer saga and then I'll probably see the Buu saga just because he was fun, and that's already a lot of episodes.

To me anything beyond the first Sayian transformation is just pushing it too far.

Was there a country where they aired DBZ before DB? Because that makes no sense at all. And by the way, Hellfire, I think our version got some censorship here and there.

It got some censorship in some Bulma flashing bits and the dubs butchered some of the story, but in the original american versions it was ridiculously cut.

Of course we got those stupid voices and there was that time with no DBZ, but compared to most countries we got it great.

Lots of countries got DBZ before DB and DBGT didnt air the entire first saga (which is the one that resembles db the most). And there are 2 different american versions too.

For a 1984 series I think that's not pushing it at all. What other series had such impact before that? Maybe Astro Boy.

I think Shino was talking about the PT version. Notice the bolded word.

Was there a country where they aired DBZ before DB? Because that makes no sense at all. And by the way, Hellfire, I think our version got some censorship here and there.

Damn those frenchies!

Ok, I don't really know if it was them. But damn, it was some lousy work. The background music would always cut when they did it. And there would always be something dead when the cause wasn't shown.

Best thing, the censored parts would appear anyway, in the "previous episodes" scenes.

It got some censorship in some Bulma flashing bits and the dubs butchered some of the story, but in the original american versions it was ridiculously cut.

Oh yeah, Bulma's bits. That's more understandable, though.

And yeah, there were a few translation mistakes:

-"Kakarot" doesn't exist in DBZ, but in GT, Vegeta suddenly uses "Cachalote". WTF?

-Goku once yelled "Luz Infinita" instead of "Kamehame"

-Proof that voice actors improvised the script:

Vegeta: "Goku, to win, you need to make a Genki Ball"

Goku: "...What's a Genki Ball?"

Goku then proceeds to make a Genki Ball, despite "not knowing" what it is.

Yeah, they omissed any super sayian 2 explanation and since Songohan didn't change much in appearance I didn't know why the hell did he beat Cell like that.

Another think was Raditz and Vegeta calling Songoku by his Earth name "Songoku" ignoring the fact that they shouldn't even know his name because it was given on Earth. In the original version they call it Kakarotto which is his original name given in planet Vegeta.

Not to mention a lot of other things I may have missed. I've never watched the original.

Would make sense this way but I guess they were too busy drinking beer at 8:00am before the dub recording sessions. That's how we got our pearls. True story! not

EDIT: Oh, I posted this before reading your post.

And LOL @ the Genki Ball ignorant Songoku! I don't remember that.

Yeah, they omissed any super sayian 2 explanation and since Songohan didn't change much in appearance I didn't know why the hell did he beat Cell like that.

Another think was Raditz and Vegeta calling Songoku by his Earth name "Songoku" ignoring the fact that they shouldn't even know his name because it was given on Earth. In the original version they call it Kakarotto which is his original name given in planet Vegeta.

Not to mention a lot of other things I may have missed. I've never watched the original.

Would make sense this way but I guess they were too busy drinking beer at 8:00am before the dub recording sessions. That's how we got our pearls. True story! not

EDIT: Oh, I posted this before reading your post.

And LOL @ the Genki Ball ignorant Songoku! I don't remember that.

At the time I just thought Gohan was on Rage mode or something. :heh:

If you ask me, it makes more sense to have the others call him Songoku. I mean, why should they remember the name of a low-class warrior that disappeared ages ago? Raditz only called him "brother", anyway (from what I remember)

And the Genki incident...I watched that episode a while ago, and I came across that curious mistake. *searches youtube* Hey, there are 2 eps with the mistake.

At the beginning of this episode, and at the ending of this one.

Guest Stefkov

Okaaay. Diverting from DBZ <(¬_¬<) (>¬_¬)>

Clannad is just brilliant. It's just something in there. Brilliant.

Clannad is just brilliant. It's just something in there. Brilliant.

How much have you seen? All I can say is it keeps getting better, and that includes the as yet unreleased season 2.

KyoAni have adapted it so beatifully, right down to the opening of the first episode - a blue filter, and the depressing narration with この町は嫌いだ。 (I hate this city) And only after 「見つければいいだけだろ」 「次の楽しいこととか、うれしいことを見つければいいだけだろ」 ("You just have to find it right?" "You just have to find the next fun or happy thing.") does the filter vanish, and we see the true beauty of the scene they animated.

Hell, it's nearly as good as the original game opening.

I've watched up to episode 11ish or soemthing. End of the Fuko arc anyway and decided to watch the rest when the rest of the series is out, which it now is. So now i'll get back to watching it.

Is the second Season going to be roughly around the same amount of episodes? I thought they only would be able to do a few episodes with Okazaki and Nagisa together and the rest grown up. Or am I missing something and there's a proper story like Season 1?

I've watched up to episode 11ish or soemthing. End of the Fuko arc anyway and decided to watch the rest when the rest of the series is out, which it now is. So now i'll get back to watching it.

Is the second Season going to be roughly around the same amount of episodes? I thought they only would be able to do a few episodes with Okazaki and Nagisa together and the rest grown up. Or am I missing something and there's a proper story like Season 1?

Oh there's a story alright, more of a story than in season 1. It goes from Okazaki leaving school until the age of 25, and it'll hit you hard.

It'll mostly be Okazaki and Nagisa, though there's also a lot of Akio and Sanae. I imagine they'll try and incorporate some of the minor arcs, and there are various scenes where we'll see other characters all growed up. (or rather, barely grown up at all) And there are new characters too, some major and some minor.

Oh there's a story alright, more of a story than in season 1. It goes from Okazaki leaving school until the age of 25, and it'll hit you hard.

It'll mostly be Okazaki and Nagisa, though there's also a lot of Akio and Sanae. I imagine they'll try and incorporate some of the minor arcs, and there are various scenes where we'll see other characters all growed up. (or rather, barely grown up at all) And there are new characters too, some major and some minor.

Ah that's good then, I thought I missed something out, had no idea there was that much.

Was worried it was gonna be a bit short with them just 7 years a head with Okazaki in his job living with you know who. Glad to hear i'm totally wrong then.

More DBZ! Yeah, that genki thing was hilarious I saw it recently and I laughed my ass off. It's like, "hey there's an attack called genki ball, let's improvise". I do remember them calling him Kakarotto in the movies though. There were lots of stupid names they came up for Kamehame.

I think they vaguely explained supersayan 2 though.

I'm not arguing that our dubs fucked up the story, a lot due to the french, but it was hilarious, so=win.

I don't recall anybody ever calling him Kakarotto.

Unless...I only saw the Cooler movie a long time ago, and I've never seen the Meta-Cooler one. Was it there?

I don't know, but they do call him that, as I knew they called him Cachalote (lol) before even seeing GT.

INstant EDIT: AH, it's Brolly. All he says is "Cachalote... songoku..." over and over again.

Guest Stefkov
How much have you seen? All I can say is it keeps getting better, and that includes the as yet unreleased season 2.

KyoAni have adapted it so beatifully, right down to the opening of the first episode - a blue filter, and the depressing narration with この町は嫌いだ。 (I hate this city) And only after 「見つければいいだけだろ」 「次の楽しいこととか、うれしいことを見つければいいだけだろ」 ("You just have to find it right?" "You just have to find the next fun or happy thing.") does the filter vanish, and we see the true beauty of the scene they animated.

Hell, it's nearly as good as the original game opening.

By KyoAni I'm guessing you mean a sub group? I've got SS-Eclipse episodes, they're good enough.

I've read all the spoiler boxes and I've no idea what you're talking about.

I've seen up to 15 so I hope I've not missed something.

To LOVEru DS :blank:

toloverubackpageyo2.th.jpg toloverudsmainyk2.th.jpg

What an odd game.....O_______O

*pre orders* :heh:

I find To Love Ru quite funny! :D Even though it is a collection of everything you've seen before! :)

The manga is much better than the anime which isn't that good.

Lala Sama FTW!

Anway i watched the 2nd episode of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki! which was fun!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!