Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to pimp kurenai again because it's proving to be an excellent series so far. The girl is annoying because she's way too mature for her age but if you just accept it its extremely enjoyable, funny in parts, mature in others.

I started Clannad last night. What is it's genre? Some parts it's really sad, then some parts I'm laughing out loud.

I guess what describes it best is school romance. I heard it's one of the best of it's genre so I might give it a try later.

I've finished Azumanga Daioh.

My word, that show was excellent. :grin:

If you're interested, I wrote a review for it on an anime forum. here.

See? It's impossible dislike such a friendly anime.

The only thing that's better dubbed is Dragonball in portuguese.

:bowdown:

"Fui ao jardim da celeste giroflé giroflá!!!"

If you really love it, you'll recognize that line.

On the subject of Dragon Ball, there's going to be a DragonBall Special(and One Piece) celebrating Shonen Jumps 40th anniversary this fall. Wonder what it'll be like :heh:

Clickedy click

More dragon ball!? We need more info on that!

On another note, I just finished watching Genshiken and reading the 2 final volumes (because the anime wasn't finished).

Boy those guys sure are a load of wankers!! I mean it in the real sense of the word. Even the girls, or as close to wankers they can be.:heh:

But it was fun. They really nail down the aspects of their kind of society.

I will probably see Lucky Star next but I have no idea what to expect of it.

I guess what describes it best is school romance. I heard it's one of the best of it's genre so I might give it a try later.

Barely, though season 1 is mostly set in a school, and involves some romance. It's best described by the title itself - I believe "Clannad" is an Irish word meaning family, and that's what the show is really about, though happiness also fundamental to the plot. I can't go further without season 2 spoilers, but anyway... it's good.

On the subject of Dragon Ball, there's going to be a DragonBall Special(and One Piece) celebrating Shonen Jumps 40th anniversary this fall. Wonder what it'll be like :heh:

Clickedy click

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Some Honk for love! I spam for DBZ!!!

Just watched the first episode of Golgo 13 and I have come to the conclusion that he is the prime specimen of a perfect man.

In the first episode after killing the most powerful mafia don in Texas (yes Texas) as a hit job he get´s picked by both a CIA and an FBI agent and gets offered a job to snipe a plane hijacker from over a mile away (and they never stop empathizing on how hard a shot that is, they constantly talk about it) that has landed on a plane landing strip.

He says he´ll do it in 3 hours and during that time he buys a weaselly looking guy to modify a rifle for him, has sex with a women and leaves her begging for more and kills 4 men that want to revenge the death of the most powerful mafia don in Texas.

He does all that and the expression on his face NEVER changes, not even during sex he has that same look on his face

You always watch dubs right? What did you think of Osaka's Texan accent? Once I decided to see what the dub was like, and her accent just seemed really odd. They also gave Shizuru of Mai-HiME a Texan accent in the dub, which was just as bad. I have no idea why dubbers think kansai-ben = Texan... for Shizuru at least, an English accent would have been far more appropriate. Heh, maybe Osaka could be cockney. :heh: *struggles to imagine this and fails*

I didn't really mind it, even though I don't like the Texan accent one bit. I had my beef with it at the beginning, thinking "Why couldn't she be a scouser?" but that quickly vanished as I begun to love the show.

I'm now left to believe that the only way there will ever be an anime character with a Brummie accent is if I made an anime series myself! :blank:

It can't be funny in dub. I won't even start with "why".

Oh, but it is. It is, it is, it is. You're in de nile.

nilers9.jpg

If there were reputation points on this forum, I would so give you a negative for that statement.

I absolutely hate black star, I'm upto date with the manga (waiting for the rest to get translated, the group with the most chapters is still 4 volumes behind) and I absolutely hate his character. Gotta love Soul and Death the kid though, and my all time favourite, Maka's father, Death Scythe (I keep thinking of Gundam Wing when I hear that)

I have not read the Soul Eater Manga so i'm basing what i think of him purely on the episode alone! :)

He may get much worse later on and i may end up hating him but for now i think he is good.

At the start of the episode i shared the same opinion as you and i didn't think i would like his character at all but as the episode progressed i began to like him.

He is definately nowhere near the awesomeness of Soul or Death the Kidd! (as from the preview i already know I'm going to like him) :D

But i do feel that black star is a good character and adds something different to the show.

I'll have to watch more episodes to form a more solid opinion later on though! : peace:

I have not read the Soul Eater Manga so i'm basing what i think of him purely on the episode alone! :)

He may get much worse later on and i may end up hating him but for now i think he is good.

At the start of the episode i shared the same opinion as you and i didn't think i would like his character at all but as the episode progressed i began to like him.

He is definately nowhere near the awesomeness of Soul or Death the Kidd! (as from the preview i already know I'm going to like him) :D

But i do feel that black star is a good character and adds something different to the show.

I'll have to watch more episodes to form a more solid opinion later on though! : peace:

I refute that, black star progresses nicely, they all do, so i guess we have to wait and see

*tries not to say too much even though he wants to*

Guest Stefkov

I just read that Goku will die in the movie.

lul

disregard the first sentence. I've never watched dbzso i dont know what is going on.

It's about a half man, half superthing, half monkey who can create energy from his hands cuz he's really strong,

He fights aliens

And decides to dye his hair one day in a bid to become stronger,

Everyone decides to do it too, so most of the cast dye their hair

Oh and he can't die because some dragon will bring him back to life if he does

SORTED

He also has a stick that grows veery long.

Dude, your thinking of DB, when he has that cloud too, and spent an episode going up for a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY long time...

DBZ is all about being able to fly without reason, oh, and people not dying ALOT.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!