N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just learned something new. I didn't know you could enable subtitles in VLC player. I'm genuinely suprised.

The quality is still pretty bad though...

Fancy pming me where you got it from?

Well, I use Media Player Classic which works like a dream on my laptop, much better than VLC ever did.

But rather than tell you more about the Lone Wolf release, Im now backing the Rumbel (Spelt exactly like that) releases of Soul Eater. It lacked the explanation for the 'Shini Shini' bit with Maka trying to get in touch with Shinigami sama, but it looks better than and the subs in my opinion are alot better to understand too. You'l find that torrent for the Rumbel release easily in all the usual places, but I'l gladly PM you the link if needed.

Now you say that, I did think it was rather odd.. harhar. Thats awesome :D

Sudden bursts of power make it more exciting ^__^

It happens to Ichigo in every battle. Think Madarame, Kenpachi, Byakuya (altho it was the evilness), all the Bountu, the Espada, random hollows, his evil other half... the list goes on!

That's exactly what DOESN'T makes it exciting!

Guest Stefkov
Well, I use Media Player Classic which works like a dream on my laptop, much better than VLC ever did.

But rather than tell you more about the Lone Wolf release, Im now backing the Rumbel (Spelt exactly like that) releases of Soul Eater. It lacked the explanation for the 'Shini Shini' bit with Maka trying to get in touch with Shinigami sama, but it looks better than and the subs in my opinion are alot better to understand too. You'l find that torrent for the Rumbel release easily in all the usual places, but I'l gladly PM you the link if needed.

Well. I've learnt something new again. Media Player Classic is good.

Might aswell uninstall vlc player.

Yeah, Shino is right. Thats why I've stopped watching Naruto and Bleach. I just couldn't be bothered with 2 episode long fights (frequently longer) and basically nothing has happened. I just read the manga now, even if the fight takes up the whole chapter its not half an hour I've wasted only 5 minutes.

Guest Maase

Damn, i can't find subs for Monochrome Factor...

But until now, i've only found good animes in this season :D

Exept Vampire Knight, pure Shojo :'(

I bet VLC is the main reason it has taken so long for the anime community to transfer to MKV/X264. Traditionally xvid/avi's have been hardcoded and they've come out pretty and vlc can't fuck things up that bad but when people started watching MKV's they were like "wtf is this shit" and went back to AVIs.

I don't understand why anyone would use VLC over MPC or Zoom anyway. In fact when I'm at home, watching regular hardsubbed divx avi's (like Naruto), I still use winamp, because of its media library features making it easy to browse through all my anime and watch several in a row without the need for playlists or starting new files.

When watching softsubs, MPC does it fine.

Once upon a time, VLC was amazing because it could play all these file names we'd never even heard of. But now that we're clued up, there are far better options.

(that said, I can still admit that it's probably the most stable player out there and works far better than WMP for DVDs on my g/f's laptop)

Guest Stefkov

I just need to clarify. I've never used and will never use VLC.

I always use Realplayer. All the anime I have is .avi so it plays fine on that.

So let's all jump off this VLC is shit bandwagon, we all know it is.

Shojo ftw!

Shojo ftt (for the tie). It's the genre wich I most hate and love at the same time. It's weird. :(

EDIT:

Hmmm... In demographics, my preference order would be Seinen above all else, they have much better and meaningfull storytelling, as well as the points they try and get across. That and the fact that most of my favourite manga/anime are seinen. :P

After that it would be Shonen, I guess. It's awesome all the way trough, even if it usually has little or no dept. The next up is Josei, I haven't seen many, in fact, I've only seen Honey And Clover and half of Nodame Cantabile, but they were both excellent, wich means it's already got it's place in my heart. And then at the "bottom" (I'm not counting Kodomo) is Shojo. It's 50% melodrama, the meaninglessness, the shallow and uninteresting characters along with their nauseating personalities... HOWEVER, the other 50% are usually great introspective reasoning wich usually does go somewhere... even if the characters are idiots. I've seen 20 episodes of NANA... I hate every character... but it's great. And actually has some meaning to it, in the end. But out of the 4 genres, shojo is the one I'm most incompatible with... I mean, stuff like Full Moon O Sagashite, Fruits Basket or Mai-Hime, wich are supposed to be great shojo, and so on... I just didn't get it. Full Moon is everything I hate put on ficiton, or at least the first 15 eps... Fruits Basket was a waste of time, it's literally got NOTHING to say, as for Mai-Hime, Magic Knight Rayearth, Fushigi Yugi, Ceres or Trinity Blood, it's so generic and "been there, done that" that it's not even funny. Shojo isn't the thing for me, I guess.

The only exceptions being X, wich I loved from beginning to end, Kare Kano, wich I loved too, at least the anime, and am very much inclined to reading the manga, and NANA, wich I'm liking, so far. Other than those 3, I'm not a shojo fan. Oh well. =S

Weird, I seem to be the only person who prefers VLC, me and MPC just don't get along. Then again I don't watch anime anymore...

I prefer VLC too ^__^

I updated wmp and for some reason its all stupid and when its maximised it has the play toolbar thing at the bottom and there is like almost NO WAY of removing it. (Wouldn't be a problem other than the fact I can't see the subtitles.)

I WANT MY FULL SCREEN AWESOME!

*shakes fist*

Also VLC is simple. I like simple programs. :)

I am simple XD

I don't know about Mai-HiME being shoujo... it features girls, but I don't think it's really aimed at them. It's more about fighting big monsters than emotions, though there's an element of the latter, suggesting it's more shounen than anything else. Anyway, I like it whatever it is. :heh:

There's a show called Kyouran Kazoku Nikki about a guy who is forced to marry a catgirl god and adopt a family of 5. A gay teenager, a talking lion, a 12 year old girl, a robot that's a trained assassin and a jellyfish.

O_o

It's ridiculously fast paced, especially in regards to dialogue. Visually it's a lot like Hayate. It's pretty funny, i'll probably keep watching.

Holy shit Oxygen, who cares about genres? I just said that to imply that being a shojo doesn't automatically mean it sucks.

LOL, I wasn't seriously being "deep" about genres, I was just retracing my tastes genre-wise, that's all it was. :P I don't give a fuck about genres when watching something, it's much like music, there's good stuff in all genres. All of them. :heh:

I prefer VLC too ^__^

I updated wmp and for some reason its all stupid and when its maximised it has the play toolbar thing at the bottom and there is like almost NO WAY of removing it. (Wouldn't be a problem other than the fact I can't see the subtitles.)

I WANT MY FULL SCREEN AWESOME!

*shakes fist*

Also VLC is simple. I like simple programs. :)

I am simple XD

So is media player classic, but you can bring up a progress bar during fullscreen, pause with a click and view fancy text on softsubs the way the subgroup intended it, instead of blocky white text which ocassionally overlaps.

WMP shouldn't be a problem if you install CCCP, but I see no reason to use WMP....

There's a show called Kyouran Kazoku Nikki about a guy who is forced to marry a catgirl god and adopt a family of 5. A gay teenager, a talking lion, a 12 year old girl, a robot that's a trained assassin and a jellyfish.

O_o

It's ridiculously fast paced, especially in regards to dialogue. Visually it's a lot like Hayate. It's pretty funny, i'll probably keep watching.

It's amazing what kind of ideas are green-lighted. Not that I find this a bad concept.

LOL, I wasn't seriously being "deep" about genres, I was just retracing my tastes genre-wise, that's all it was. :P I don't give a fuck about genres when watching something, it's much like music, there's good stuff in all genres. All of them. :heh:

SSHHHTSSNH!