NEurope

I'm downloading GITS: SAC Solid State Society-i hope it's good!

Also on my list is the entirety or Gravitation, Pokemon series 1 and Higurashi.

It's not a bad idea to do that ('that' being the idea of compiling lists of recommended anime or creating a second thread) for this board but to be honest... the anime fanbase on these boards isn't huge. There's only about 5-10 of us that come back to this thread regularly and it occasionally drops to page 2. It never hurts when people ask for recommendations to simply discuss with them the series they might like. I personally don't care if that topic comes up repeatedly, this is a discussion thread for anime after all, and people can't be expected to search through it every time. Also even if they look at a list, no matter how complete you try to make it, there will be suggestions and disagreements and thus the conversation will continue to spread anyway.

I appreciate the gesture and the hard work you've offered to put in. If you want to do it anyway, go ahead, but personally for this quaint anime fanbase we have here, I'm not sure how necessary it is. After all, there are plenty of lists out there of shonen and shoujo etc that people can find new suggestions from anyway. I prefer our personal touch :) I myself have found more than one new series thanks to asking you guys (as soon as my new iPod arrives, I'll be getting on the train with episodes 10-20 of Hikaru no Go :D)

Which should i start watching first Bleach or Eureka 7?
Eureka Seven, you can watch the whole thing (50 episodes) before you get lost in Bleach (129 episodes and counting) ;)

Which should i start watching first Bleach or Eureka 7? :D

Eureka Seven.

Watch it all without waiting weekly for a new episode.Fantastic series though I haven't seen the last 15 episodes yet (Damn DVDs) So spoiler tag them if you do discuss it please :blush:

Eureka Seven, you can watch the whole thing (50 episodes) before you get lost in Bleach (129 episodes and counting) ;)

Eureka Seven.

Watch it all without waiting weekly for a new episode. Fantastic series though I haven't seen the last 15 episodes yet (Damn DVDs) So spoiler tag them if you do discuss it please :blush:

Thanks, i couldn't decide, i'll get stuck in to Eureka 7 straight away.

Although you have to wait Shadow you'll have a great dvd set of the series with all the limited edition stuff.

I'll be sure to post what i think of it. :D

I have mixed interests in Higurashi, one part of my brain acts like the BBFC and censors me from watching it, another part of it is curious about its plot and story.

What to do, what to do...

I find it on the whole awesome, plus most of bad stuff is referred to rather than shown. But yeah, it's more about story and mystery than violence.

Also, I reckon an N-E anime recommendation wiki would be cool. I'd add to it.

Also, I reckon an N-E anime recommendation wiki would be cool. I'd add to it.

Ghost in the Shell NEEDS to be right up at the top though! Best fecking anime eveeeeerrrrrrr!

Ghost in the Shell NEEDS to be right up at the top though! Best fecking anime eveeeeerrrrrrr!

Well, I don't think they should be ordered. Just a database with comments and maybe ratings from those who have watched... perhaps you could rank them with average ratings though.

Well, I don't think they should be ordered. Just a database with comments and maybe ratings from those who have watched... perhaps you could rank them with average ratings though.

Indeed, however a wiki, if made, will probably be deleted. So a thread on here seems the best or only way of going about it.

Indeed, however a wiki, if made, will probably be deleted. So a thread on here seems the best or only way of going about it.

Deleted by who? Hackers?

I think it should just be alphabetically ordered.

Maybe have the name, then underneath it a brief over view of what it's about. Even a little summary of each episode what people thought of it.

I would'nt say put any rating. I thought of this to be only for someone to go have a look, scroll down through the list, looking at the name, reading what it's about, what other forumites think of it. If they lik the sound of it and someone else liked it then they could give it a try. Not basing it on a rating.

On another note, Pani Poni Dash finally finished and I've also got all Bleach episodes. Now to watch Bleach and get up to date on another anime.

Deleted by who? Hackers?

Wiki themselves. They have like admin types. Ask Fresh.

Only anime I watch is Bleach but I think I'm in something called "Filler" (?). Its about the Bountu and its getting quite long. How long do these filler episodes last for and when the hell is it returning to the normal story line?

ARRGHGHHH! The ending to Death Note 36 was like ARRGGGHH CLIFFHANGER ARRGGHHH!!! !GEAGADPGAEGLAG

Wiki themselves. They have like admin types. Ask Fresh.

Um, I didn't mean on wikipedia itself... obviously that's the wrong place. Just host another wiki somewhere else, based on mediawiki code. Here's an example.

That wiki idea is nice but isn't there already plenty of anime databases on the internet with average scores and user reviews of virtually every anime ever made?

Like this:

Anime News Network

or this:

AnimeNFO

That wiki idea is nice but isn't there already plenty of anime databases on the internet with average scores and user reviews of virtually every anime ever made?

Like this:

Anime News Network

or this:

AnimeNFO

Yeah, but wouldn't it be nice to read reviews or at least comments from people you know?

I tried last night but my hosting doesn't use PHP 5 so I can't install the wiki software, so someone will have to take over.

ARRGHGHHH! The ending to Death Note 36 was like ARRGGGHH CLIFFHANGER ARRGGHHH!!! !GEAGADPGAEGLAG

Phew... I'm really glad someone actually subbed 36 and will probably sub 37.

Props to Ruberia (the subbers).

I'll get mediawiki up and running, in any case gives me something to do.

Can someone prive me with a Direct download link of DN 36? I'm going insane!

Edit: Found one.

Can someone prive me with a Direct download link of DN 36? I'm going insane!

Is a torrent okay?

Is a torrent okay?

Thanks man, but I can't download torrents a reasonable speed for some reason. But thanks for the effort. I appreciate it

Why do I get the feeling Death Note won't be quite that simple.