NEurope
demonmike04

R-E (NOW N-E) FORUM ANNIVERSARY!

Well, I suppose it can't hurt.

Name: Edge

Position: Moderator/Elite

Date Registered: April 23rd, 2002, 2:46pm

I have 484 posts here, so I guess I haven't changed pace much.

I used to go on the forums all the time at college, but I'd always type the URL rather than favouring (favouriting?) it. Incidentally, I still remember the route I took: http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope

DAMN YOU ASHLEY. :(

You only have yourself to damn :p

But seriously, its being discussed.

Come on man, you know how sorry I am. :(

Can't you make the rep/karma system like that mods and admins can only dish them out? That would be very fair and there'd be no real whoring per-say. Over on Eurofusion Chris has installed some kinda shop where you can be awared points to spend on trivial stuff over there.

It's cool. Maybe something to look into?

Personally, Rep points are much better than this bloody useless Now Playing option for our posts.. Shame on ye for having that idea Ashley!

Shaddapa yer face!

Happy Birthday, N-E. If i was wearing a hat, i'd take it off to you right now. But, i'm not. So, i won't. Innit.

Ive been here nearly a year, but i wasn't around in the C-E days so i missed the opening.

I posted probably 6 times on the C-E forums, but I've been here since day one on N-E and still loving it.

The switchover was the most exciting night ever!

First there was the switchover, and the Wiimote. So exciting! Though I spent most of my night at GameFAQ's... I far prefer the look of these forums but I think the old ones had a bit more intellegent posts and less spam. (Apart from Jordan, who was once the spam whore if I remember correctly)

EDIT: Also,

Cube-Europe

Name: Ballmonkey

Position: Nintendo Gold Member

Date Registered: January 3rd, 2005, 12:36am

Revo(N)-Europe

Name: Sarka

Position: Moderator

Date Registered: September 16th, 2005

(Apart from Jordan, who was once the spam whore if I remember correctly)

WAS?

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

I think i was the second person to join these forums. Going to check now.

Edit: My join date for N-Europe is 02-09-2005. I feature second on the list. (well, third now that Mokong has cheekily edited his join date to his c-e date :heh:)

Cube-Europe

Name: Ballmonkey

Date Registered: January 3rd, 2005, 12:36am

[

Aaah, so you were ball monkey?

And Moria, I was banned for necrobumping the oldest thread in General-CC.

How did you become a mod Sarka?

I'm just wondering because you haven't been around for as long as others have.

In the time he was here, he showed that he was a responsible forum member. I suppose you can call it a bit of a gamble, but i think it paid off bigtime.

In the time he was here, he showed that he was a responsible forum member. I suppose you can call it a bit of a gamble, but i think it paid off bigtime.

Apart from 2 nights ago when he buggered off to bed after I made a thread asking (telling) everyone to do something (so I could go to bed instead). :heh:

In the staff forums theres a thread with a list of every single person who's ever posted and beside there names we have little marks (awesome marks). The people with the most awesome marks at the end of a set period of time become mods. You have to be awesome to be a mod.

:rolleyes:

Aaah, so you were ball monkey?

Indeed I was, but that name sucked so I became Sarka.

*shrug* I think I just spammed a lot when RE started and hoped no one would notice I was newish...

Oh wait - I mean that I was responsible, that's the expression I was looking for.

The young ballmonkeys rise to fame eh! I guess he's not that bad... Im not sure if I prefere the old persona to the new one though. In Sarka's defense though Ive noticed some pretty cool sigs - mainly the Nightmare Before Christmas inspired ones. Actually, regarding the so called "gamble" of his promotion, when I think of it I think I'd say its paied off, too. During his time he's been one of the less in yer face type mods.

But this isnt the ballmonkey/ Sarka appreciation thread, its the R-E/ N-E appreciation thread so why are we all showing Sarka the love?!

(PS, whatever happened to Sarkas_girly? ... or is that a bit of a no go/ touchy subject?)

The young ballmonkeys rise to fame eh! I guess he's not that bad... Im not sure if I prefere the old persona to the new one though. In Sarka's defense though Ive noticed some pretty cool sigs - mainly the Nightmare Before Christmas inspired ones. Actually, regarding the so called "gamble" of his promotion, when I think of it I think I'd say its paied off, too. During his time he's been one of the less in yer face type mods.

But this isnt the ballmonkey/ Sarka appreciation thread, its the R-E/ N-E appreciation thread so why are we all showing Sarka the love?!

We can change it if you wish. Indeed, my modding style is to lock everything that is wrong and give people the benefit of the doubt. Apart from the fact you get to lock things, you are just a normal person - you don't really have any power.

And Sarkas_girly is now Letty. We split up and now her and Jordan are going out. Both of our lives are better since we split, so yay!

Also, I'm making a new NBC sig...

Also, I'm making a new NBC sig...

Hurrah for that! I think I'll be cracking out my DVD of it once again pretty soon. Its not something that can be fully appreciated in summer, but give it another week or two and the atmosphere will be almost perfect for it! And with all this Wii news and the promise of spying this new sig in the (near?) future N-E is surely not a place to stray from!

I just checked out my old C-E account:

Name: RedShell

Position: Nintendo Fanatic

Date Registered: April 10th, 2003, 7:52pm

Hmm... I've definitely been a bit more active since the switch to R-E/N-E :heh:

Username: ViPeR

Name: TehGeoffrey

Date Registered: March 15th, 2002, 7:47am

Fuck me, i'm a damn oldie!

Hurrah for that! I think I'll be cracking out my DVD of it once again pretty soon. Its not something that can be fully appreciated in summer, but give it another week or two and the atmosphere will be almost perfect for it! And with all this Wii news and the promise of spying this new sig in the (near?) future N-E is surely not a place to stray from!

The new sig may be a few weeks - may save it for Halloween, that could be fun.

Anyway, this next year is going to be much better than the last. With the Wii, hopefully a few more exciting site exclusives, more members are sure to join and some will leave.

If we think about a year ago it was muchos different.

There was no retro-lover, bard or arab_freak. The good and bad balance out I'd say. Haden was busy with the almighty CE story, the first important Wii news was coming out and people were still pretty worried about the PSP.

Didn't post very much in the CE days (though did make more threads)

Name: JonSt

Position: Nintendo Elite

Date Registered: November 22nd, 2004, 1:55pm

Wow, a year already - how time flies by, I'm getting old :D

And it was a truely great year I must add.

Only joined the CE forums I think two month before the name change but was registered in the news comments section for a few month already.

I actually joined the forums because I got the feeling that the people are better informed there and don't moan all the time that Nintendo is doomed with its strategic (but it was only a certain person posting this in almost every newspost).

And I was absolutely right, it's such a great place here and I'm glad for the daily 1 hour plus it consumes.