NEurope
Charlie

American Event - Gen Chat

I'm not sure tbh, in the staff chat is says 3pm but on the news story it says 2pm. I'm thinking 2pm because it says

# 1:00PM (Thursday) - 8:00PM (Thursday) GMT/UTC

# 3:00PM (Thursday) - 9:00PM (Thursday) BST

I'm thinking that the 3 was a typo as 1-8 and 2-9 is the same difference....

Ooo, this is exciting!

Whats with the whole Mii thing? Can anyone explain it to me? I am sleep, tired and lazy.

Ooo, this is exciting!

Whats with the whole Mii thing? Can anyone explain it to me? I am sleep, tired and lazy.

It looks like a tool for creating your avatar. Simple as that.

erm click on news and it should be in the banner. . .

sorry i had answerd my own question there. So was talking to myself ;)

sorry i had answerd my own question there. So was talking to myself ;)

wooooo nintendo make you crazy :p *froths at the mouth*

I gonna miss this event due to work, grrrrrrr!!! Also I will probably only catch the first hour and half of the Euro event. Hopefully they will give me all I need to know during that time or im going to go insane at work.

the countdown begins 50mins to go. woooo hoooo. ENGLISH yeah, or is it Americanesse as they really dont speak the standard english language.

9:19 am: 9:19 VP of marketing Perrin Kaplan has taken the stage to talk about the three near-simultaneous events in Tokyo, London, and here in New York. Now she's introducing the man everyone wants to hear from: newly anointed NOA president Reggie Fils-Aime.

ooooh near simulatneous! hope you guys get it the same week we do

9:23 am: The Regginator speaks! "The next step in gaming is bringing gaming back to the masses." Obviously it's working for them so far, if you'll notice the brain-training craze and the runaway popularity of the DS. Not surprisingly, those are exactly the products he's talking about now.

Blah Blah Blah....

:27 am: Here comes the hard info--"One price, one configuration, one color." So there's only a white one (for now). The system will show up at 25,000 retail locations, so it probably won't be too hard to find one--especially since Reggie just promised 4 million units will be shipped globally by the end of calendar 2006, with the majority share going to North America.

Bah! i was soooo wrong on my predictions

1 color (i wanted Black :()

9:29 am: But what's in the box? One Wii remote, one nunchuk both included. Don't forget about Wii Sports, the first pack-in game at launch since the SNES. Speaking of which, we're now seeing a demo of bowling, one of the games included in Wii Sports.

pack-in confirmed, yes please!

God I need an European release date now. Unless its region free, that way I would import this baby.

:32 am: Like almost every Wii game so far, you play bowling just like you would in real life: like you're throwing the ball for real. You can purportedly put some spin on it, too. We'll have a more detailed report later today.

9:32 am: And the final Wii Sports lineup is...tennis, golf, baseball, bowling, and boxing?! That's new. This should be interesting.

9:33 EST: Reggie takes stage again. Says Wii Tennis Wii Golf, Wii Baseball, Wii Bowling and Wii Boxing are all included in the Wii Sports disc. Calls it a five-game compilation. "This is designed to get everyone involved playing." Game will be packed with Wii. Everyone'll get it when they buy the system.

"We'll also offer consumers the widest range of launch titles ever in the history of videogames. The list is big and -- as you'll see -- it's new and nostalgic. Unique. Delivering a brand new type of entertainment."

Talks about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Says they'll have Excite Truck ready for Wii launch.

"With Wii sports, these titles represent a fantastic trio..."

"First time we have a Zelda title available on launch day. It gives us a huge boost and huge momentum right out of the box. It's a masterpiece game. We will continue to make those big masterpiece titles for the core gamer, as well as new games to drive market expansion."

"If you were to play Zelda all day to day for six hours, you'd only be scratching the surface..."

At the event hosted by Nintendo of Japan, there were 104 Wii games demonstrated.

9:35 EST: Shows list of third party games. Ubisoft, Midway, Konami, EA, Activision, and Vivendi, the latter of which has Ice Age 2 coming.

"A bridge to gaming for mainstream audiences," says EA's Larry Probst of Wii.

"In all, approximately 30 Wii games will be available at retail during the launch window. And about half of those will be available at launch," Reggie says. Games will be priced at $49.99.

9:35 am: Reggie's talking about the 25-game launch lineup, not surprisingly being led by The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Excite Truck will also be out on day one. He makes much of the fact that this is the first Nintendo console to launch with a Zelda...though, admittedly, this Zelda was originally intended for the previous console.