N-Europe

The last stretch - Wii launch betting!

demonmike04

This would be so much cooler if there was a prize, but there isnt. The only possible situation if you were to be right is bragging rights about being psychic and being right.

I think this was done before, but I couldnt find the thread so we'l make a new one.

Ok, so, NOE hinted launch details would be announced at these events and it seems incredibly likely, so I propose this: Bet WHEN you think the Wii will be released in YOUR region. So if your from the US, state you are from there and state your bets. Also, you could bet the price too.

It does feel alot of good to say 'I knew it' when you guess something correct, so show your bets to the forum!

Im betting £150 for the 10th of November.

EDIT:If a date has been used already, you can still use it. It pretty much restricts this thread to a limited amount of members if you were not allowed to do so.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm guessing Nintendo might use the breathing space of the delayed PS3 to take a few extra weeks for Europe.

My guess is November 17th. The Wii will cost €219.99 or £149.99 and will include two Wiimotes, two nunchucks and WiiSports.

I take the 3rd November,£150-£170.

The 10th was my first choice but it's been taken.

EXACTLY what i thought. AND i'm so cocky i think we're right! The price? £169.99!

Definately bundled with 'Wii-Sports' but i doubt 2 Wiimotes/nun-chucks are included!

I'm sure we right Shadow.....

i hope. :hmm::laughing:

I take the 3rd November,£150-£170.

The 10th was my first choice but it's been taken.

EXACTLY what i thought. AND i'm so cocky i think we're right! The price? £169.99!

Definately bundled with 'Wii-Sports' but i doubt 2 Wiimotes/nun-chucks are included!

I'm sure we right Shadow.....

i hope. :hmm::laughing:

I would have to agree. 3rd November, £150.

Two wiimotes with nunchucks and wii sports is what I hope but I doubt we will two.

November 9 For Australia.

$299.95 will get you a console and one controller and nunchaku. Games will retail for $99.95 (Nintendo and third party).

Extra Wii motes will retail for $59.95, coming with a single nunchaku and the classic controller attachment will retail for $39.95.

Component cables, like the GCN ones before them, $49.95, direct from Nintendo.

i'm gonna go with you too demonmike with 10th november.

my reasoning? well, the timeline in the free book with NGamer this month shows "November" as the month for Wii. there's no big hoopla around it, very understated in a matter-of-fact way, so i'm gonna go with it anyway since the magazines might just know but can't say... who knows?

the latest ONM has that competition to win a Wii, with Nintendo delivering a Wii on launch day to the ten winners. the closing date is monday 6th november. i had already eliminated 17th coz of the ps3 and i can't see ninty changing everything because of sony, and in the section where people send in quick questions for one-word answers in the letters section someone asked if it would launch on the 24th of november? the answer was a plain "no". again, no hoopla, no pretense (sp?) just simple answers that can be added together which is why i think the 10th.

(what a long answer! talk about around the world for a short cut!)

i think it'll retail for £159.99 with a game (possibly Wii Sports but maybe Metroid and Zelda bundles will be available too...?) with two wiimotes but just one nunchuck.

saying that, i wouldn't mind if it was a little dearer with a bundle like that, but this is my shot-in-the-dark guess lol.

i'm gonna go with you too demonmike with 10th november.

my reasoning? well, the timeline in the free book with NGamer this month shows "November" as the month for Wii. there's no big hoopla around it, very understated in a matter-of-fact way, so i'm gonna go with it anyway since the magazines might just know but can't say... who knows?

the latest ONM has that competition to win a Wii, with Nintendo delivering a Wii on launch day to the ten winners. the closing date is monday 6th november. i had already eliminated 17th coz of the ps3 and i can't see ninty changing everything because of sony, and in the section where people send in quick questions for one-word answers in the letters section someone asked if it would launch on the 24th of november? the answer was a plain "no". again, no hoopla, no pretense (sp?) just simple answers that can be added together which is why i think the 10th.

(what a long answer! talk about around the world for a short cut!)

i think it'll retail for £159.99 with a game (possibly Wii Sports but maybe Metroid and Zelda bundles will be available too...?) with two wiimotes but just one nunchuck.

saying that, i wouldn't mind if it was a little dearer with a bundle like that, but this is my shot-in-the-dark guess lol.

I'm liking your theories and I think you're 100% correct, the only thing about that is the one nunchuk. I think there will be two, standard with each Wiimote that you buy.

True, NGamer know a lot more than they can let on, they already know of 'at least two games we can't talk about yet' for next issue.