N-Europe

Steve Irwin dies

Helmsly

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would want it this way.

Irwin's death was only the third known stingray death in Australian waters, said shark and stingray expert Victoria Brims.

Wildlife experts said the normally passive creatures only sting in defence, striking with a bayonet-like barb when they feel threatened or are trodden on.

He would want it this way, Shorty.

Too right, the guy dedicated his life to abusing deadly animals and he must've known that despite how entertaining some people found his animal abuse that when it inevitably backfired on him that people had the right to poke fun at it the same way he poked all those poor animals.

Too right, the guy dedicated his life to abusing deadly animals and he must've known that despite how entertaining some people found his animal abuse that when it inevitably backfired on him that people had the right to poke fun at it the same way he poked all those poor animals.

Errrm I agree with Shorty and knightendo here. Right so let me make my point, poking animals does not hurt them in any way, it only aggrivates (sp?) them. And I dont think Steve deserves jokes about his death.

Anyway R.I.P Stevy and god bless your family.

i say it is a shame the guy died. Rok i see your point and agree. but you must realise he did do good things for animals too. i am sure that when he was poking with stick it was not with the intention to torment them, i might be wrong.

but i agree that the picture was funny. i see no reason for the flaming. the man died from an animal attack he was always going to go that way.

I'm amazed at how I keep thinking how sad this is. Shallow as it may sound, normally when someone famous dies I feel bad for a bit, but then let it go. Since I heard the news this morning, I have been thinking that it is quite a loss. Commiserations go to his family.

The thing is, every time I imagine what happened, it's just like that scene out of Invasion, you know?

Also, apparently, the ray was buried and Steve swam over it, as opposed to him poking it or whatever and it felt threatened and did its thing.

I couldn't stomach his show but he had kids and it's sad.