NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Well I've got the game now, bought it on Friday and spent most of the weekend on it... played multiplayer mainly so I haven't managed to unlock anything through the main game just yet.

...it's OK, but nothing special in my eyes. I still rate Zelda, Wii Sports and SSX Blur above it, out of the games I own. But it's worth the purchase!

I agree with Zelda and Wii Sports, but is Blur really better than Strikers. I really enjoy this game to be honest, but still think scoring is quite unsatisfy really. I feel I don't really get that satisfaction from scoring that I should especially if its a decent goal. Maybe if there was a bit more skill in scoring ala Pro Evo. Oh well, the game is still awesome.

I agree with Zelda and Wii Sports, but is Blur really better than Strikers. I really enjoy this game to be honest, but still think scoring is quite unsatisfy really. I feel I don't really get that satisfaction from scoring that I should especially if its a decent goal. Maybe if there was a bit more skill in scoring ala Pro Evo. Oh well, the game is still awesome.

yeah you see I try and play using no skill shots etc... that way it feels more satisfying...

I love the feeling after scoring, especially after doing some cool stunts.

I love the feeling after scoring, especially after doing some cool stunts.

Definitely.. the game has some great moments.

You won't love the feeling when you see Toad running towards your keeps and you can do nothing to stop him as he flips over your Kremlin and walks into your net to cost you the game.

Definitely.. the game has some great moments.

You won't love the feeling when you see Toad running towards your keeps and you can do nothing to stop him as he flips over your Kremlin and walks into your net to cost you the game.

people have tried that against me and although it is very annoying. You can stop it. If you time it right you can get the kremlin guy to intercept and knock him out the air. I love it when i do that to the Toad jumpers. :D

people have tried that against me and although it is very annoying. You can stop it. If you time it right you can get the kremlin guy to intercept and knock him out the air. I love it when i do that to the Toad jumpers. :D

really you can bring the Keeper out.

Theres SO much I don't know.

*Goes to read the manual*

really you can bring the Keeper out.

Theres SO much I don't know.

*Goes to read the manual*

I'm not sure whether it's in there i just sort shake the remote and press up in frustation to stop Toad and it seems to work.

Also sorry i haven't added you yet, you added me a while ago didn't you. There are no excuses i just kept meaning to do it and forgot. Sorry. I shall write your code down NOW. :D

The game really is SO SO frustrating though. It can be very luck based don't you think.

The game really is SO SO frustrating though. It can be very luck based don't you think.

Yes i think so, it is quite luck based.

It isn't always clear why a goal might have gone in, as it decides sometimes to let the worst shots go in but not really powerful charged shots.

I still think it is a good game though. :D

I thought this would be r«luck based like Mario Kart, but so far I haven't found it like that. f course luck plays a part, it plays a part in everything, but skill seems the major point.

Also WHY THE FUCK where my online stats erased? Everything went back to 0!

I thought this would be r«luck based like Mario Kart, but so far I haven't found it like that. f course luck plays a part, it plays a part in everything, but skill seems the major point.

If you play properly you can be very skilled at the game. The people in the tournament. ( where i completely failed at) had some serious skill at the game. :D

They only last for a week. Then they get reset to start a new the next week. Thats how long a season lasts and it lets you start again next season.

When you login though and first see your mii it shows your overall wins and losses in ranked matches and against your friends.

I don't think there's anything you can do to stop the Toad-jump... I seem to pull it off flawlessly against my mates... it just has to be timed right... pretty much as soon as Toad hit's the edge of the area, bang, he jumps over Kremlin!

I can never see why people think mario kart is luck based. Mario kart ds for instance has the emphaises on driving more than powerups i feel. Yes there is luck but like you say there is luck in everything but in strikers lol

It's Really mostly luck. I really like the game but my god it is a problem. I don't claim to be the best player but i beat my brother 5-1 in the first game we played only to lose 8-7 in the next one.I am better than him

Something like this could never happen in mario kart i don't think.I'm not sure what the devolopers could have done to prevent this though.

If you play properly you can be very skilled at the game. The people in the tournament. ( where i completely failed at) had some serious skill at the game. :D

They only last for a week. Then they get reset to start a new the next week. Thats how long a season lasts and it lets you start again next season.

When you login though and first see your mii it shows your overall wins and losses in ranked matches and against your friends.

Who did win the tornament by the way?

i am making a league for people on this forum. please check the tournament thread. PM me if you want in. At the moment it is a limit of 40 people but this is not set in stone. Cheers.

The tournament is not over yet. Well... it's over for me.:(

Are you saying Mario Kart is not luck based? I think that both games have more or less the same luck factor. But the skilled players will always win the most of course.

It can be really frustrating when you get that blue spiky shell 5m from the ending line and go from 1st to 4th place.

I can never see why people think mario kart is luck based. Mario kart ds for instance has the emphaises on driving more than powerups i feel. Yes there is luck but like you say there is luck in everything but in strikers lol

It's Really mostly luck. I really like the game but my god it is a problem. I don't claim to be the best player but i beat my brother 5-1 in the first game we played only to lose 8-7 in the next one.I am better than him

Something like this could never happen in mario kart i don't think.I'm not sure what the devolopers could have done to prevent this though.

The tournament hasn't finished yet.

I don't find Mario Kart DS to be as luck based as Mario Strikers and you have to still have skill to be able to get round the track but it is quite luck based.

It isn't all about the items and getting the right one still doesn't ensure a win and the powerful ones aren't overused.

I still hate the Blue Shell though. It is unecessary and detracts from the game and makes the game more luck based as a result because ifyou get the item more often than not you will win.

However those who are skilled at the game will come out on top.

Mario Kart ds is my favorite DS game (probably) and i used to be good at it. I'm a little rusty now though :D

Mario Strikers i find is more luck based but still involves a lot of skill as people formulate their own tactics about positioning on the pitch and when to use an item effectively. To help thm do megastrikes.

i am making a league for people on this forum. please check the tournament thread. PM me if you want in. At the moment it is a limit of 40 people but this is not set in stone. Cheers.

Your mii name is zim right? - well I added you weeks ago when you got the game and you havent added me yet! I'm up for more tournament fun but you really need to add people that add you - if you cant even do that then I dont have much faith in your being able to organise a tournament. :(

if you cant even do that then I dont have much faith in your being able to arganise a tournament. :(

Now I can see where your aggressive play comes from :heh:.

Now I can see where your aggressive play comes from :heh:.

Yeah lol - just bugs me

I'm going on the now if you fancy a friendly

I'm going on the now if you fancy a friendly

I am laying off the game a bit at the moment , frustration is seemingly kicking in and my game has gone to pot as a result. I hope to get the enthusiasm for this game going again soon.

Your mii name is zim right? - well I added you weeks ago when you got the game and you havent added me yet! I'm up for more tournament fun but you really need to add people that add you - if you cant even do that then I dont have much faith in your being able to organise a tournament. :(

i am really sorry mate. i think i did add you but i have had accounts exams and i have had very little time. i will add you once my work is out the way. My Wii is gathering dust. :shakehead

i am sorry i thought i had mentioned in the tournament thread. that is why i pulled out.

i look forward to playing you soon.:bowdown:

The tournament is not over yet. Well... it's over for me.:(

Are you saying Mario Kart is not luck based? I think that both games have more or less the same luck factor. But the skilled players will always win the most of course.

It can be really frustrating when you get that blue spiky shell 5m from the ending line and go from 1st to 4th place.

it can be be argued that mario kart is even more luck based. Depends on which version too.

That's my only real complaint with this game... Oh and i thought the items could have been implanted better. It's very hard to know whether you have an item or not without looking at the top corner and also i don't think the items are that great anyway.

it's a small complaint but they almost could have been left out entirely.

That's my only real complaint with this game... Oh and i thought the items could have been implanted better. It's very hard to know whether you have an item or not without looking at the top corner and also i don't think the items are that great anyway.

it's a small complaint but they almost could have been left out entirely.

At least it's easy to know when you have your captain's special item.

The items is really the only improvement that can be made. Would a small map be impossible too to let you know where you characters are? It's also impossible to aim your weapon. i usually just fire at the direction they are on the pitch without knowing where my character is..

The character specials are not very evenly matched either. mario and luigis special surpasses them all by far. Donkeykongs would be good IF the ball didn't move with it. Warios is good but is difficult to get right.

i'm not an expert in soccer games i'm just saying what i think about this game. I still love this game i always complain about something:)