NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Way You Look

The second thing i did was start to use this cream called karma cream. Its from a shop called Lush, which is pretty good for this sorta thing. My skin used to be really, really bad, with these red marks and dry-ness. Now, it feels like its got air to breathe.

I love lush....... When I started going out with my girlfriend I had horrid horrid horrid skin..... I dunno why she took interest to be honest..... Anyway at some point she got me this stuff from lush which really helped..... I mean it's not perfect but it's like 1000% better.... Which leads me on to.......

I dont care too much about my face but no matter what I do my fucking spots wont go.

Go to lush..... Get this soap called Fresh Pharmacy..... It dries your skin a bit so also get a random moisturiser that one of the employes who jump on you will suggest... Spots will start to clear up pretty fast. :)

As for my appearence and what I think...... It changes day to day I guess.... Sometimes I think I look great other days horrid..... It seems other people agree with me as well as on them great days I seem to get looks from random girls on the street and on my lame days I get nothing. lol

I'm pretty happy, face wise people say i'm a good lookin guy, only problem i have is when i wash my hair when its dry it gets all big and fluffy (like firece's) but it's nothing some hair gell can't fix.

Body wise i'm trying to gain back some weight i lost,about this time last year i weighted 55kg, i got sick and went down to 50kg cause i didn't eat much and stopped excersising, when i sarted college last September i joined the college gym and went up to 56kg by mid January and maintained that (though i would like to get up to 60kg, but it just wouldn't go up anymore...

Anyway, since i finished college and started my job i've not had much time for regualr excercise and i'm barely hanging on at 51kg, basically if i'm under 55kg i'm not happy :heh:

I'm not overweight, but I'd like to lose a little fat still. And my face isn't... excellent.

But oh well, I'll live!

staying with shaving, if anyone still is experiencing redness and, well, pain after shaving, may i recommend the gilette vibrating wet-shave razor.

Pulsar isn't it?

Theres a new gilette razor out. Fusion, like EuroFusion...

I wish I had no indian blood in me, (altho that delves into personal issues more then appearance issues).

Er, I refuse to have short hair, because then people start making fun of me, i refuse to shave of my facial hair, because people make fun of me, i am unfit, I am happy with my height, i am hairy as fuck, i hate my voice, my face is to chubby, i inherited god damn skin conditions from the indian side, and this it causes me to have incredibly sensitive skin, i look like a zombie half the time, except at night, when i can say then when i look in the mirror, i look alright.

im fairly happy, i just wish i had a bit better skin and lost a little weight.

Well i'm only 15, but i've changed alot since I was twelve as in weight and skin condition. Personally I would have thought that getting older meant I was going to get acne, However i've NEVER had it. And its because i drink alot of green tea which apart from being amazing for you clears up your spots like no tommorow. Also i'm lactose intolerant which means no milk which actually is proven to give quite bad spots. And lastly I'm vegetarian, so eating 10 pieces of fruit and veg a day i get tonnes of nutrients and vitamins which really help.

So for spots go for Green Tea and try cutting down the dairy consumption just alittle as it will help.

And if you have patience/self control/discipline just try out vegetarianism for like 2 weeks and you'll notice a difference.

(Btw im not a member of peta or anything and the reason I'm vegetarian isnt ethical, I just hate the taste/texture and the whole idea of eating meat.)

I could lose a some weight, sitting on my ass all day during the holidays doesn't really help. In a few weeks the holidays will be over, so I'll go from chubby to ... uhm less chubby.

I fairly pleased with my apperance, but I suppose I could use a full-on mountain man beard.

250px-Wheeler.jpg

But seriously, I could stand to lose a few pounds.

I'm talking to Haden right now, and it inspired me to create this topic.

Basically, how do you feel about the way you look? What do you do to look the way you are?

I used to have pretty bad skin and i used to hate my hair. So, i decided to change a few things.

First of all, i stopped shaving against the grain. Now, i go with the grain. Whilst i may not get a cleaner shave, i means i don't get these horrible red marks, or shaving burns.

The second thing i did was start to use this cream called karma cream. Its from a shop called Lush, which is pretty good for this sorta thing. My skin used to be really, really bad, with these red marks and dry-ness. Now, it feels like its got air to breathe.

The third thing...my hair.

I was a bit infamous for my hair. Its dark and thick. Whenever i shower, which is very often, it goes all big and fluffy. So now, i tend to get it cut more regularly, and i wax it. I've found out that big hair really isn't for me.

So yeah, what do you do? Are you happy with the way you look?

I would say i'm happier than i used to be. Overcoming the skin problem really has helped me a lot. I used to get frustrated with my skin and occassionally i did get snappy with some people. Because i wasn't at ease with myself, i wasn't at ease with others. Now that this problem has been sorted, i feel more confident in many ways.

Post away.

You've summed up there what i dont like about myself. I get red marks and dryness on my chin and around the nose, i'll try that Karma Cream because nothing seems ti make it go away, i've tried so many moisturisers.

I really dont like my hair either, it's really thick, and hard to do anything with, Its ok about 3/4 weeks after its cut, but after that its starts gonig curly and is too thick to do anything with. I go to the hairdressers quite alot now because it grows really quick and annoys me alot.

Might look into some of this Lush thing. My face is meh (spotwise). Okay, nothing too bad. But I've got some on my shoulders and that really pisses me off.

Hair I keep meaning to do something with, could do with either cutting it or just dying it for fun. Not sure.

And then weight; I go from liking my skininess, to wanting to gain a bit of weight. However the other day I read a quote from some editor for More about how she hates skinny men so I'm happy. Its not like I chose to be like this. Theres such an oomplah about creating positive body images for women and not judging and all that but its happy to say a skinny male is wrong? Meh.

Hey theres nothing wrong with being skinny, I love it. Just like there's nothing wrong with having a little extra weight unless its causing you medical problems. But I do believe that if someone will have more confidence losing a few pounds of gaining a few then whats the problem? Anorexia and bulimia are when this goes beyond wanting confidence.

Hey theres nothing wrong with being skinny, I love it. Just like there's nothing wrong with having a little extra weight unless its causing you medical problems. But I do believe that if someone will have more confidence losing a few pounds of gaining a few then whats the problem? Anorexia and bulimia are when this goes beyond wanting confidence.

Mhm, its not like I starve myself, I eat the three meals a day and all that (sometimes four). I think its just because im always on the go. I always walk everywhere and play sports on Sunday. I keep active, as I hate doing nothing.

Mhm, its not like I starve myself, I eat the three meals a day and all that (sometimes four). I think its just because im always on the go. I always walk everywhere and play sports on Sunday. I keep active, as I hate doing nothing.

I wasnt saying that you were anorexic or anything mate :grin: ! Infact you're obviously really healthy if you eat regularly and exercise alot. Sorry if i implied anything.

hmm, how i look . . .

well, im 6ft 1 ish and thats pretty cool. i do think im too thin though, im like 9 and a half stone. i dont like my arms however, i think theyre too skinny and yeah i would love to be a bit more meatier. i've also just got myself a bit of a bum which is cool.

my face is okay, i have really stretchy skin which my friends play with *rolls eyes*, my hairs never changed really but its naturally funkyish so thats alright and i love my eyes lol. my lips are nice too but its the skin that fucks me off. i hate how spotty it is. NOTHING seems to get rid of them and now its the turn of the blackheads to come up and piss me off. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i hate whoever invented them! branleur!!!

My body refuses to lose any weight, last year i had nothing but healthy food for about a week and was excersing heavily all week... didn't lose a single pound ¬_¬

If you're having trouble shaving, invest in the following:

Gillette M3 Power razor

King of Shaves shaving gel

Nivea for Men aftershave balm

I usually shave after I've had a shower - the hot water softens up your skin and your facial hair, and makes it easier to shave away. Remember to take your time while shaving. It's not a race, and you won't cut yourself if you take it slowly. Work with the grain as much as you can - running against it will irritate the skin if you do it too much. Keep the water hot and the blades sharp - if you use a three week old razor and mildly warm water, you won't get the best effect. Once you're done, rinse off with cold water and apply a bit of the aftershave balm. I used to have really bad spots, but my skin's awesome these days.

i cant seem to lose weight, a week in spain and i think i lost a stone, but 1/2 weeks back in england and it was nearly all back on again, and it seems to go down and up again, its wierd. i seem to try to starve myself and only have breakfast and dinner, with maybe one snack but still cant lose anything.

i dont ive a shit really about he rest of my apperance. parents always moan when i put on shitty clothes, i dont care. i grew my hair in my last years in school, i cut it for the exams, but you couldnt get anywhere in shcool without dicks moaning about the long hair cos number 1's and 0's are all the range with 11-16 year olds in high school. dicks.

so im grrowing my hair again, just to see how long i takes to grow it to a good length with whcih i can make it look alright.

I'm about 6ft1, so pretty happy with that. I'd prefer a better complexion but it's getting better slowly, some dirty periods here and there though. I currently love my hair when I've showered and combed it back to let it dry and fall naturally, it looks good then (imo).

I recently started running 5 to 6 km every 2 days again to get a bit fitter.I've got a bit of a belly now that I'd like to convert to abs (gained 3 kilos in 18 days in america!). And, although you all probably mean it in the right way, you shouldn't really say 'lose weight'. It's not about how much you weigh, it's about how you look. A mate of mine is slightly shorter than I am and weighs 90 kg. A lot of you would get the mental image of a slightly overweight dude but in reality he has a hella muscly body (he boxes) and looks healthy and appealing. Muscles still weigh more than fat, another thing to keep in mind.

Oh and Jordan, eating healthy and excercising heavily for a week won't help jack shit. You'll only start noticing after a month or two. Also, don't stress it, just take it one step at a time. Your body reacts in the opposite way if you suddenly change something drastically.

Well, i'll take now for example. I haven't eaten anything "bad" for the last 3 months and i've been walking and such 3 times a day (walking the dog) so thats about a mile or so of walking a day.

Even that isn't doing anything Dieter :p.

What is shaving with the grain??? I don't get it. I just shave.

Shaving with the grain means that your shaving in the direction in which the hair grows.

If you shave in a downward motion, that is shaving with the grain.

Shaving in an upward motion is going against it. This is quite bad, and i've found that you take off quite a bit of skin, too. Lovely. :heh:

The upside of shaving against the grain means that you get a smoother shave. But, if you use moisturiser or cream, you'll have nice looking skin if you shave with the grain.

I love lush....... When I started going out with my girlfriend I had horrid horrid horrid skin..... I dunno why she took interest to be honest..... Anyway at some point she got me this stuff from lush which really helped..... I mean it's not perfect but it's like 1000% better.... Which leads me on to.......

Yay, i've found my lush buddy. :) It's great stuff, isn't it? It definitely helps if you have dry or sensitive skin.

You've summed up there what i dont like about myself. I get red marks and dryness on my chin and around the nose, i'll try that Karma Cream because nothing seems ti make it go away, i've tried so many moisturisers.

I really dont like my hair either, it's really thick, and hard to do anything with, Its ok about 3/4 weeks after its cut, but after that its starts gonig curly and is too thick to do anything with. I go to the hairdressers quite alot now because it grows really quick and annoys me alot.

How often do you shave? And how do you shave? If you go against the grain, try going with it. Take your time as well, too. A rushed shave will never look good, imo.

My hair gets quite thick after about a month or so after it gets cut. I'm not sure what you can do to recetify this. There must be shampoos and stuff to help with this.

I don't consider myself anything spectacular. I've got a decent complexion and I'm very healthy, though I could stand to start working out regulary again - I'm planning on getting back on that when I get to Uni.

At the moment I'm just letting my beard get slowly more and more straggily. My friend has a beard but he trims his, but I personally would hate to that. If you have a beard you're best off leaving it to make it's own wild course, rather then risk ending up looking like Johnathan Frakes. <shudder>

I also like my beard beacuse I think it gives a fuller and much more mature looking face. I could probably drop at least four years if I was clean shaven.

I've also been noticing that I seem to be a good few inches shorter then many of the other guys around me. I'm only about a 5'9'', while my 15-years old brother is about 6-ft already! Most of the guys I knew at college were generally around 6ft, while my cousins remain universally freakin' huge. But they are genuinly massive people. Not fat. Not Crouch-like tall. Genuinly big, big people.

I aslo suffer from a little excema, sometimes under the eyes and recently in a some what unfortunate place, which is a little disconcerting, but otherwise it's just a mild irritation. I just wish everyone would stop asking if I've been punched.

Me, well, I'm hardly an oil painting.

I wear glasses but I want to get contacts soon, I seem to be growing out of my nerdy appearance and looking less skinny and more muscly.

I'm about 6ft and I have brown hair, I used to have hair down to my shoulders but I had it cut recently, it was getting on my nerves. I'm better off with not-too-short hair, just quite long.

I also have spots that I tolerate, they come and go. My brothers tell me I have a big chin but I don't, they even took the time to measure my chin and compare with their own and came to the conclusion that because my chin is a couple of millimetres bigger than theirs, my chin is massive. My hairy arse it is! They're 19 & 21 years old, they should be out getting girlfriends ffs.

My best feature would have to be my legs, they're like athlete's legs, I do a lot of walking and I did get involved in P.E. at school a lot. I just wish I got involved in more.