NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Plot to blow up planes foiled

They want to plant the bomb at A and get 3 points.

OMFG THEY HAVE TEH WALLHACK!!11!!!! LOOK OUT AIMBOT!

haha my friend was flying out to florida today and now the airport is closed ROFL :P

Your laughing at his misfortune of not going to florida when he was supposed to? Your a fucking moron, you should be thankful that the airport was closed as your friend could of been murdered by terrorists.

You get some fucking retards on this forum.

haha my friend was flying out to florida today and now the airport is closed ROFL :P

if the airport wasn't closed your friend could be dead by now...ROFLMFAO OMG LOL HAXXORZ

If you read that I was going to Cyprus - well the plane was cancelled cause of this, waited at the airport for 7 hours today and then nothing. We're going on tuesday now.

The reason: new 'no hand luggage' rule, lack of staff and departure place wasnt operating. Awful.

if the airport wasn't closed your friend could be dead by now...ROFLMFAO OMG LOL HAXXORZ

I know it's the 52349276340976209365th time someone has had to point it out in this thread but:

Today was not the interception of a terrorist attack, it was just the day they chose to arrest some terrorists they had been following for some time in their homes - there were no terrorists in airports or on planes. The reason for the added security was in case the terrorists decided to retaliate on the arrests.

*sigh*

Today was -all- about our "terroristz fighting team" going "ooo! Look what we did! LOOK AT US! WE ARE STOPPING THE TERRORISTZ!!"

As shorty said, no "terrorists" on planes or in airports. The people they've arrested are so far just that - people they've arrested, not necessarily guilty.

Most of them will never realise that killing people and blowing up buildings never actually changes the world in their favour.

True, but does it seem like the "civilized western" world realizes that?

Coincidentally there's been two vans full of police parked close to the mosque down my road since 3am today.

Coincidentally there's been two vans full of police parked close to the mosque down my road since 3am today.

They have men on the roof identifying Sayed Ali

I am somewhat sceptical about all of this. I want to proof this time around - I seem to recall tanks being deployed at Heathrow once, and I never did hear a reason. None of this "We can't tell you/give them a fair and open trial because it would be a security risk" crap. Show me the money!

Do you know what's the worst thing to come out of all of this? No more electrical equipment in hand luggage. Now what the hell am I supposed to do for 8 hours on a trip to America? (Read I suppose, but no ipod and no game boy makes Zell a dull boy).

I have a 3 horus flight to tenerife next week, but i can take a magazine, watch in flight entertainment, it's not exaclty a long flight.

Do you know what's the worst thing to come out of all of this? No more electrical equipment in hand luggage. Now what the hell am I supposed to do for 8 hours on a trip to America? (Read I suppose, but no ipod and no game boy makes Zell a dull boy).

They better sort that out next year, or i will be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very Mad

Do you know what's the worst thing to come out of all of this? No more electrical equipment in hand luggage. Now what the hell am I supposed to do for 8 hours on a trip to America?.

My thoughts exactly, i'm going to florida on 22nd and i was organising movies and music to put on psp for plane and i was gonna take ds as well, but now i can't have them with me and i'm gonna be so bored:cry: , don't get me wrong i'm relieved that security is upped as i'm scared of flying.

Fly Virgin then you wont need hand luggage! They have about 40 movies on your own screen with your own remote, your own choice - the thing even plays games and sends emails - and that's in the economy class! Course it's still fucking uncomfortable on a 10+ hour flight and I was totally sick and miserable about the end of Shorty-does-America but it was a great flight nonetheless.

Fly Virgin then you wont need hand luggage! They have about 40 movies on your own screen with your own remote, your own choice - the thing even plays games and sends emails - and that's in the economy class! Course it's still fucking uncomfortable on a 10+ hour flight and I was totally sick and miserable about the end of Shorty-does-America but it was a great flight nonetheless.

QFT, Virgin rock and so do many long haul flights unless your a cheap ass and fly at the front of a cargo plane.

And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddlin' kids and that pesky mutt.

Dunno about that - Bin Laden talked about wanting an all out war between west and east, Muslim and Christian. The 9/11 attacks seemed to further that aim a fair bit.

people still believe it was bin laden...?! :o

and BGS, all this "war on terror" is just a way for our government and the US government to arrest who they want when they want, and they don't have to have a reason, or give a fair trial. and our press jumps on this. basically, you're right, they aren't necessarily guilty, but as far as the goverment and the press are concerned it's guilty until proven... well, guilty! (cause let's face it no one in this "war" is ever gonna be "proven" innocent!)

and shorty, since no one else is saying so, i understood you when you said it the first time mate :)

I drove through a ferry terminal with a bag full of fireworks today.

Yeah, ferry security isnt tough.

I had quite a few big packs of fire crackers when coming home from france last time i went.

I see you're still allowed to take work documents on board. Dangerous if you ask me, someone could paper cut the pilot or make a paper plane and take someones eye out.

I hate the media take on all this. It just reminds me of The Day Today. They say "officials have said they have security under control and people should not panic" but then follow that up with comments like "It is still true that at some point, quite possibly, an attack may still happen bringing an end to civilization as we know it. So everyone remain totally terrified so we still have a news story for tomorrow." Also they keep going on about it being a "plot for mass-murder on an unimaginable scale." What does that even mean? I can imagine quite a large scale, for example I can imagine the scale of the Stalinist purges, so therefore it must surely be larger then that. Perhaps the scale is just so damn unimaginable nobody can quite comprehend it and so nobody actually knows. The government doesn't help either by saying it's a critical alert situation. What's the next one up, hyper-critical?

Guess everyone was just getting too relaxed. Luckily this terrorist plot was uncovered to whip everyone back up into a state of mass paranoia. I do wonder as well how the people arrested are going to get a fair trial. How do you find an unbiased jury now that hasn't been influenced by the media on this story, other then hermits. Still it's good that this scheme has been foiled, so hooray for British intelligence and boo to terrorists, just can they stop with all the bloody scare mongering please.

My thoughts exactly, i'm going to florida on 22nd and i was organising movies and music to put on psp for plane and i was gonna take ds as well, but now i can't have them with me and i'm gonna be so bored:cry: , don't get me wrong i'm relieved that security is upped as i'm scared of flying.

The flight to America is a bitch. I feel sorry for you. Having nothing to do is even more torture. Happy days. :)