NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Plot to blow up planes foiled

don't worry about it, worry will never be helpful. to be fair you're probably slightly safer the sooner you fly after this, as the relevant agencies will be particularly vigilant for a while yet.

I'm not really all that worried.... I mean the target planes were supposedly all heading to the US anyway.... For some reason this makes me feel safer. ^^;

I'm pretty much just pissed about the hand luggage thing..... If that is still around in 30 days (omg yay) from now I will be spending an incredibly long 13 hours flying through the air in bordome........ They better be showing some good movies. >.>

Guess everyone was just getting too relaxed. Luckily this terrorist plot was uncovered to whip everyone back up into a state of mass paranoia. I do wonder as well how the people arrested are going to get a fair trial. How do you find an unbiased jury now that hasn't been influenced by the media on this story, other then hermits. Still it's good that this scheme has been foiled, so hooray for British intelligence and boo to terrorists, just can they stop with all the bloody scare mongering please.

that's what bush and blair are good at. scare-mongering. because while everyone is frightened about people from other cultures our governments can do just about whatever they want and "justify" it by saying they were doing it in the war on terror, which has "new rules because there's never been a war like this before".

and you're right, there will be no fair trial, i'd wager there won't even be a trial. ever seen The Siege"...?

I'm not really all that worried.... I mean the target planes were supposedly all heading to the US anyway.... For some reason this makes me feel safer. ^^;

I'm pretty much just pissed about the hand luggage thing..... If that is still around in 30 days (omg yay) from now I will be spending an incredibly long 13 hours flying through the air in bordome........ They better be showing some good movies. >.>

you're on your own I assume? I guess the best option is to talk to the person you're sat next to.

if you're lucky you could be sat next to a really interesting person.

might be worth a try. obv. this would assume they were ok to talk. if not, next best option I can think of is to sleep and hope you have an entertaining dream.

people still believe it was bin laden...?! :o

Yes, apart from wingnut bloggers who think there's reason to fire a missile at a building when a plane with a full load of fuel is about to hit it anyway. The attack wasn't a failure, that immediately rules out Bush involvement.

Apparently some airports believe the best way to deal with bottles filled with potentially explosive liquids is to dump them all together into a big metal bin in the middle of a crowed terminal.

liquidshit.jpg

liquidshittier.jpg

BA Announcement

Until further notice BA has halted all flights from the UK.

BA announced: "I aint getting on no plane, fool!"mrT.gif

Haha :D

Nicked that, modified it a bit and texted it to my mates - Unfortunately got back from one of them "Yeah, got that about 2 hours agof rom someone else"

So all this stuff about not being allowed to take liquid stuff with you and no electrical equipment, is that only for like, UK flights/airports? Cause I'm going to Spain on Tuesday and I want to be able to have my DS with me, or at least my mp3-player... And a bottle of water.

I also don't like how no one in the media seems to really say that these terrorists weren't actually arrested at the airport. Now everyone is like, omg they were going to attack, while nothing had happened yet. I'm tired of explaining to people that they were actually arrested in their homes...

I also don't like how no one in the media seems to really say that these terrorists weren't actually arrested at the airport. Now everyone is like, omg they were going to attack, while nothing had happened yet. I'm tired of explaining to people that they were actually arrested in their homes...

They make money by making everything sound 100 times worse than it is. More interesting.

that's what bush and blair are good at. scare-mongering. because while everyone is frightened about people from other cultures our governments can do just about whatever they want and "justify" it by saying they were doing it in the war on terror, which has "new rules because there's never been a war like this before".

and you're right, there will be no fair trial, i'd wager there won't even be a trial. ever seen The Siege"...?

OK.

Government doesn't infringe or limit civil liberties for kicks. I think that's a fatal miscalculation made by a lot of people.

We're in a position where our liberalism isn't restrained by reality or reason but Government is not, and to think they're orchestrating some sort of twisted conspiracy to drive forward anti-terror legislation is just fucking absurd.

you're on your own I assume? I guess the best option is to talk to the person you're sat next to.

if you're lucky you could be sat next to a really interesting person.

might be worth a try. obv. this would assume they were ok to talk. if not, next best option I can think of is to sleep and hope you have an entertaining dream.

Actually I'm going with my girlfriend, but, she sleeps like a baby on planes apparently........ I can't sleep in a chair so that idea is gone.. I'm preying that the inflight movie is good..

So all this stuff about not being allowed to take liquid stuff with you and no electrical equipment, is that only for like, UK flights/airports? Cause I'm going to Spain on Tuesday and I want to be able to have my DS with me, or at least my mp3-player... And a bottle of water.

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ON TO!

Time to phone the MI5 helpline!

Actually I'm going with my girlfriend, but, she sleeps like a baby on planes apparently........ I can't sleep in a chair so that idea is gone.. I'm preying that the inflight movie is good..

Fly with Virgin ffsffffsssf. I'm sure I already pointed this out. I chose 5 movies I wanted to watch out of a list of dozens and didn't even get to see them all before the plane landed.

Ofc you might have booked already, in which case I suggest playing a game of Naughts and Crosses with peanuts! (Not really, sucks to be you, ha!)

Fly with Virgin ffsffffsssf. I'm sure I already pointed this out. I chose 5 movies I wanted to watch out of a list of dozens and didn't even get to see them all before the plane landed.

Ofc you might have booked already, in which case I suggest playing a game of Naughts and Crosses with peanuts! (Not really, sucks to be you, ha!)

Booked ages ago, but, it was pretty much half price. lol I'm going with BA yay for me......... As for naughts and crosses, are you even allowed to take paper on? rofl

One of the terrorists go to my university \o/ HOORAH

Might be the same one who lives on my road.

Your allowed to take on stuff that has been bought after the security barriers. So you can always buy a couple of books in duty free I guess..

Yes, apart from wingnut bloggers who think there's reason to fire a missile at a building when a plane with a full load of fuel is about to hit it anyway. The attack wasn't a failure, that immediately rules out Bush involvement.

We're in a position where our liberalism isn't restrained by reality or reason but Government is not, and to think they're orchestrating some sort of twisted conspiracy to drive forward anti-terror legislation is just fucking absurd.

i know at end of the day it's all down to personal opinion because we'll never know the truth, but i just think it's absurd to believe the american governemt so readily.

no i don't think bin laden had anything to do with it. there's too much convenience to be had in invading afghanistan and blaming him just fitted in too nicely (same with iraq). i'm not necessarily saying bush is directly involved, but it wouldn't surprise me from what i've read. also, ten out of the total terrorists on those planes were apparently from saudi arabia, why was that kept quiet? america's connections there perhaps? why, when no americans were allowed to fly post 9/11, were members of the bin laden family flown out of the country to safety? perhaps because of america's connections there too? and there are plenty.

and bush IS pushing forward some absurd anti-terror legislation, like the one (can't remember the name but the book that i read it in is at a friend's annoyingly) where the FBI can raid your house while you're not even there and leave it without even giving reason. and isn't britain trying to push forward some type of jail-without-trial law when it comes to anti-terrorism? bush is power-hungry, his whole family is...

oprah for president ;) lol!

No, it's not down to personal opinion, it's down to being a wackjob or not being a wackjob.

No, it's not down to personal opinion, it's down to being a wackjob or not being a wackjob.

that's ur personal opinion. we may never know the truth, butthere are too many questions regarding 9/11 that the american government just won't answer, why? (rhetorical, i'm not expecting anyone to actually know)

why did a building next door fall first and why was the footage of this taken from Fox and attempted to be kept secret? same as the interview footage of the firemen who heard bombs going off inside the buildings, and who stated categorically that the buildings would not have collapsed from those planes the way they did. what was underneath should have remained upright, and the way the floors went "pop-pop-pop" all the way down was impossible without internal bombs. also, there was close-up footage of the first plane that identified the plane as having no windows along its side and a large red target on the front. why were all these reels taken by the US governement??

i'm not saying this is proof, and i'm not saying this is all there is to go on, not by a long shot. all i'm saying is that i have severe doubts about bin laden's involvement and the US government's actions afterwards. it may have been laden, it may not. i'm not saying i 100% believe it wasn't, i'm always ready to be proved wrong, just that if you read enough and watch enough about it (reputable sources, not mad rants and ravings), you can start to have doubts.

i always believed it was bin laden until the iraq war, when bush really showed himself (to me anyway) as a liar and a cheat. then i began to read up... i'm not saying he was directly involved, all i'm saying is that i believe his government are covering up the real culprits for whatever reason, and used bin laden as a handy excuse to plunder afghanistan.

each to their own opinion...

Dude, you're believeing conspiracies, that's all stuff dumbass conspirators came up with to try and pin this on the government. The bomb's were the explosions of leaking fuel, gas etc. When the steel girder got too hot, they fell, and caused a chain reaction.

If it wasn't Bin Laden, then why did he record videos about it?

Dude, you're believeing conspiracies, that's all stuff dumbass conspirators came up with to try and pin this on the government. The bomb's were the explosions of leaking fuel, gas etc. When the steel girder got too hot, they fell, and caused a chain reaction.

If it wasn't Bin Laden, then why did he record videos about it?

you'll noticed he never accepted the blame.

i'm not trying to pin this on the government, i'm not believing any old conspiracies, i just have my doubts surrounding the bush administration's handling of it afterwards and the real culprits. i don't believe it was bin laden, but i'm not saying it was bush. just that either the government knew who it was but if it came to light it would cause hysteria, or more likely that the US government weren't sure at the time who it was and needed a scapegoat for the people. and blaming bin laden was handy, just like the whole weapons of mass destruction thing.

you'll noticed he never accepted the blame.

Uh...

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2004/10/29/binladen_message041029.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/11/11/wbin11.xml

Some of the conspiracy theories are just thick. Like videos comparing the amount of plane left from other crashes to how much was left after the attack on the pentagon - conveniently ignoring that most plane crashes occur either just after take off (at a low speed) or at landing (with most fuel used) and when the pilot is trying to slow the plane down and avoid disaster - not when a plane has been deliberately chosen to have a full tank of fuel and flown directly into something at maximum speed.

I dislike Bush intently - I have no doubt he wan't on the ball before the attack and exploited them afterwards. But sometimes a terrorist attack is just a terrorist attack. Snopes has a good write up on some of the conspiracy theories.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm