Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Helmsly

i cant understand what ye thought looked good in the first place.The grapics looked goodish but it looked like the most uninvolved game i have ever seen.the music is awfull and his homing attack looks very jerky and really pulls the camera around fast.I'd like to be proven wrong but to me this game never looked good

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a good feeling about this one:) .. which is born out of desperation as much as anything.. but I'm sure it won't be as bad as the hi-def travesty!

If it turns out to be as dodgy, glitchy and unintuitive as most 3D Sonics, then it’ll be an excruciating wait until Prime3... *long sigh*

METAL GEAR?

yeah aren't there loads of unlockable skills throughout the game, that you can get? stealth being one of them, guessing though if it's as good as the 2D ones there will be a couple of different routes to take, hopefully dependent on which skills you have unlocked, rather than it being if you haven't unlocked a skill you can't advance until you do.

Apparently there's only 8 levels, not 10 as thought. Game length and replayability is going to be all about how into the many, many missions per stage you are, as levels take from 2-8 minutes to "complete" apparently, if you're just flying through them.

12 missions in each level though.

Your right though. All depends on how long the missions are, otherwise this will be over quite quickly i suspect, unless they rank the difficulty up.

New infomation.

8 worlds, 12 stages in each world! (That's 96 levels for those who can count). The producer says that some stages will be longer than others (i.e. just a few minutes, versus say 10 minutes) and that the only way to see the true game's ending is to collect all 8 of the secret rings. (i.e. you'll have to use the RPG system to give Sonic the abilities he needs to explore/platform through previously unreachable parts of these levels to gain whatever it is you need).

New infomation.

8 worlds, 12 stages in each world! (That's 96 levels for those who can count). The producer says that some stages will be longer than others (i.e. just a few minutes, versus say 10 minutes) and that the only way to see the true game's ending is to collect all 8 of the secret rings. (i.e. you'll have to use the RPG system to give Sonic the abilities he needs to explore/platform through previously unreachable parts of these levels to gain whatever it is you need).

I think it means 12 missions in each world; because other info has listed the 8 levels and then said each includes missions such as 'collect all the rings' 'fastest finish' etc... I think!

GAM182.pre_sonic.rival--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

No! it can't be! :red:

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/game/images/thumb.jsp?releaseId=20060515153823427056&index=44&next=45&prev=43

Someone tell me she's not in Sonic Wii

That's pretty obviously a stray screenshot, considering all of those things are from the 360 game, it's the 360 title's Sonic model and the robot enemies are only in the 360 game.

That model is obviously not from Sonic Wii.

This game looks a lot like Sonic Rush, which is definitely a good thing.

I started to completely give up on Sonic after the SA GC ports and Heroes. Sonic Rush though was fantastic, got me interested in the future of sonic games again.....only for the handhelds tho.

As for sonic on consoles... I actually hated Sonic on 360 and Sonic on the Wii is my last hope. I cant help but feel that sonic being one of the 2 top videogame mascots of the 90's cant even cut it anymore except for the likes of Sonic Rush (handheld side scrolling amazement)

I always loved most of the Sonic games right up to Sonic Adventure 1 on DC but if Sonic on Wii is even nearly as shit as the other sonic titles then to hell with Sonic and i dont even like saying that as sonic games were a big part of my childhood. I dont want to seem like an ungreatful gamer but Sega needs to stop ****in slippin E's into the sandwiches of each Sonic Team member.

Why don't you give Sonic Rivals on the PSP a try then, it's just a 3D side-scrolling Sonic game with positive reviews.

I actually might, cheers for that as although i dont own a PSP, my friend does and he likes sonic (usually buys whatever sonic game comes out) so ill defo give it a try as he will likely buy it.