NEurope
Helmsly

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Ok, I've been enjoying this game, but to be fair I havn't been playing for that long and I'm already a bit stuck.

Im on the Diehard Challenge stage of the dinosaur jungle, and I can't seem to overcome a certain cactus, I've tried back tracking, and also checking for alternative routes but im pretty certain this is the way I need to go so what exactly am I suppose to be doing?

Unfortunely I can't post the pic cos I'm a newbie but I hope someone can help, PM if need be. Cheers

Ok I've just done a time break for the first time in the prologue....

WOW. THAT is very cool.

Ok, I've been enjoying this game, but to be fair I havn't been playing for that long and I'm already a bit stuck.

Im on the Diehard Challenge stage of the dinosaur jungle, and I can't seem to overcome a certain cactus, I've tried back tracking, and also checking for alternative routes but im pretty certain this is the way I need to go so what exactly am I suppose to be doing?

Unfortunely I can't post the pic cos I'm a newbie but I hope someone can help, PM if need be. Cheers

First off, Welcome to the forums. :D

I think your problem is the same as Cox of Seagulls' problem.

SimonM7 posted a solution for it on the last page:

It's not really all that weird or difficult. Just break, charge a jump and hop over it. Simple as that. That bit got me too though, I thought I needed a powerup to break it with or summat.

But nope, just a good ol' jump'll do the trick.

I think that should help.

No no, not sucking, it's oddly tricky to pull off. Be sure to grind to a complete halt, jump straight up and dash past it.

This game is too good, im nearing the end of the pirate ship stage should be finished it by monday.

It's nice to hear you all enjoying a Sonic game.

I nearly broke my Wii last night as I knocked it off my desk whilst trying to unplug my iPod drunk. Hopefully it's ok so I can play a bit of this later on.

I've got so many games to play through it's ridiculous.

I've got so many games to play through it's ridiculous.

same here, thats why I've not bought this yet.

same here, thats why I've not bought this yet.

I've cancelled a few of my pre orders to fit in some of the games I've already got. I've got Zelda here only half finished, and Okami which I haven't played at all yet...

I've cancelled a few of my pre orders to fit in some of the games I've already got. I've got Zelda here only half finished, and Okami which I haven't played at all yet...

I've got to get back into Zelda, but i'm sad because i'm quite near the end now...so for some reason i'm prolonging finishing it.

'Okami' is an outstanding game, love it! love it! No-where near the end thank-god, another gem!

Anyway...:grin:

Sonics multiplayer is great! My mum and bro played with me last night and we had a right laugh. I'm quite impressed with the mini-games....espicially the violin playing one, where you have to move the wii-mote in time with the music to play your violin correctly and the mic even makes a high-pitched string noise when your playing it!

Thank God, I can finally continue, that Egg mission in the Dinosaur World took me 20 minutes just now, it made me stop playing the game yesterday.

That mission annoyed me aswell.I've went back trying to get all those Soul Rings and yesterday I unlocked Shadow :)

I dunno how reviewers could say that the minigames are shallow.

I'm confused by that too. I tried about 10 of the mini games and while not all of them are *fun* per se, none of them are broken the way Monkey Ball's are.

I'm confused by that too. I tried about 10 of the mini games and while not all of them are *fun* per se, none of them are broken the way Monkey Ball's are.

oh really? that's good. the difference is that the mini games in this are an extra while monkey had the focus on multiplayer and failed

I've got to get back into Zelda, but i'm sad because i'm quite near the end now...so for some reason i'm prolonging finishing it.

'Okami' is an outstanding game, love it! love it! No-where near the end thank-god, another gem!

Anyway...:grin:

Sonics multiplayer is great! My mum and bro played with me last night and we had a right laugh. I'm quite impressed with the mini-games....espicially the violin playing one, where you have to move the wii-mote in time with the music to play your violin correctly and the mic even makes a high-pitched string noise when your playing it!

Take a picture of your game collection :)

I gotta say, nothing clears up whether or not you like a game like sleeping on it. Not, you know.. physically sleeping on it, mind, but letting your head rest and thoughts clear up. Waking up today I couldn't wait to start playing it again, and when I did my rocket start thingy and started controlling Sonic again it's like.... you know the feeling when your internet connection is dead for a while and then you realise it's back and the pages load?

There's a crack reference here but I hope that'd be lost on everybody in here and that the internet one is more accurate anyway.

So yeah, the game is good. It's genuinely good, and unlike STH and a lot like Riders, it's one I can wholeheartedly recommend people take the time to get into. Because on the other side of a learning curve and slow start there's a game I don't think possibly will disappoint.

It's tradition that I review Sonic games so I'll write one eventually, right now I wanna get back and.. uh.. see my web pages load.

The last level's missions... are INSANE.

STUPIDLY INSANE >_>

Good insane?

If i'm honest?

No.

It asks way too much of you, you'de need reactions of a god to dodge some of the stuff it throws at you.

And the mission is "Don't die". So theres no check points, and if you die you have to start from the begginning. Its also, a very long stage...

That's the one i'm stuck at now aswell,but I just got the skill where the number of rings you lose is decreased.

Got to the last level, it's amazing. Levels are challenging, but not too hard, and...

The final boss looks amazing. I love the new version of Sonic, too. The level is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm still loving this game. My favourite non-"Go for the goal" mission is the "Diehard Challenge" on the final level. Was a lot of fun to do.

I done the final boss earlier on and I thought it was fantastic,new Sonic was very nice!

Also I never knew Big was in it O.o

Was a nice surprise to see him.

i am so tempted to get this game...nearly did on friday but ended up gettin 2000 wii points instead