N-Europe

What are YOU getting at launch?

Charlie

Are you paying for all that by yourself?

Talk about a big family!

Yeah I'm paying for it all myself, I've been saving since last years E3 I have $857. My step dad's getting a PS3 where going to see which one gets played more here.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite surprised that everyone seems to be getting quite a few games on launch day as well. I tend not to because I tend to play through 10 minutes of each game if I buy too many.

I hope Nintendo stick Wii Sports in with the console, because I'd like to have something to show the family what this console is all about (no one really cares about GameCube in my house apart from me). When I get Nintendogs for DS I know everyone is going to be interested in it.

I will probably buy a white Wii. It seems to look way cooler than the black one.

As for games I'll probably only get one or two at first.

Zelda is definite but I'm not sure about the other. I will definitely get Metroid at some point but as others have said it might be a bit much to get those two massive single player experiences at the same time. I'll check out reviews of the other games and decide from there I think

A black wii to match my DS + extra controler (white) + MP3 + Zelda.

Maybe i'll buy a 3rd game, but it has to be a good multiplayer one and maybe i'll buy the DVD atachment too, not sure yet.

From the Virtual Console there's one game i want to put my hands on as soon as possible: Majora's Mask. And, depending on the price, maybe Tetris Atack for SNES.

For the Wii launch I have around £400 saved up so far... though I plan to have £800 for the event. Me and sarkas_girly are going to London and I plan to buy:

A White Wii

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii Sports

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Excitetruck

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

2/3 controllers, depending on how many come with the Wii

Yayers!

I'd like to get a wii, with 2 controllers and WiiSports. Super Monkey Ball would also be great for multiplayer, if the controls are well done.

Not sure what else I could afford, but I'd also love to get Dragon Quest, (or final fantasy) if it is more than a simple hack and slash game. (I want a RPG, like dragon quest 8.) Wario ware sounds like crazy fun, so that would also be a "maybe" title.

Since the launch line up hasn't been fully announced yet I guess I'll have to speculate on what I'll want at launch.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Red Steel

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Wario Ware

This thread is driving me mad.... everyone keeps going on about getting a black Wii... no such thing has been confirmed.

The debugging Wii is black... but that is developers. All the official images of the machine are now white... and i would be very surprised if - with the condensed schedule nintendo is clearly on - they release in more than one colour.

I will be getting a white Wii (was going to go with black but my love of all things Apple meant I changed my mind).

Wont bother with extra Wii-motes because I am an anti-social sod so it will only be required in the rarest of circumstances.

As for games , definately Zelda , Metroid and most likely Excitetruck. May even give Madden another go as I love the NFL , but no doubt EA will find a way of naffing up this game again.

I think I will wait until after the launch, maybe the new year, so I can get the chance to read a few reviews, see what's what and all that before I buy anything. I really need to know what version of Zelda to get, for example. Probably will leave Prime 3 until I finish 2 as well.

im getting black wii (if coming at launch) think it will cool with the blue light going down the front *dwools*

prob get a extra white controller so will ave a white and black controller...have a white nunchuck connected to a black wii-mote that is possible isnt it..?

defo getting zelda whatever else is just a bonus really ill just be playing zelda once i get home with it :D

*other games* = red steel, monkey ball

Since I saw the first pictures of the different colours of Wii, I haven't really been able to decide which one I want... I've wittled it down to between the white one and red one, but out of those two, I have no clue.

Presumably there'll be a London launch event on Oxford Street, which I plan to go to.

I want to buy:

• 1 x Wii Console (Red/White)

• 2 x Wii Controllers (any colour)

• 3 x Wii Games (undecide as to which ones)

• Some VC credit

• 1 x Classic controller

I think the UK RRP of the Wii will be £129.99, with games costing between £29.99 and £39.99. Controllers should cost £29.99, and the VC credit should work as follows:

• £2.50 will buy... 2 x NES games or 1 x SNES games or 1 x SPECIAL N64 game

• £5 will buy... 5 x NES games or 3 x SNES games or 1 x NORMAL N64 game.

A 'SPECIAL' N64 game is a game that, for that week or month, has been chosen by Nintendo to be on special offer.

A 'NORMAL' N64 game is any other one.

All this should, if my many guess are correct, come out here on Friday, October 27th.

I think the UK RRP of the Wii will be £129.99, with games costing between £29.99 and £39.99. Controllers should cost £29.99, and the VC credit should work as follows:

• £2.50 will buy... 2 x NES games or 1 x SNES games or 1 x SPECIAL N64 game

• £5 will buy... 5 x NES games or 3 x SNES games or 1 x NORMAL N64 game.

A 'SPECIAL' N64 game is a game that, for that week or month, has been chosen by Nintendo to be on special offer.

A 'NORMAL' N64 game is any other one.

All this should, if my many guess are correct, come out here on Friday, October 27th.

I seriously doubt the console will be as cheap as £130, I'd guess more like £150. And retailers are expecting games to cost the same as current Gamecube titles, that's £39.99 RRP so probably £34.99 in any decent store.

I'd hope controllers are a little cheaper than your guess, OTOH. I think people will think paying £30 for "a TV remote" to be a bit steep. I'd estimate five or ten pounds less. That's just the Wii-mote of course, perhaps all Wii-motes will be boxed with a nunchuck controller too - that could raise the price.

I think your VC prices are probably pretty on the money, though I suspect Nintendo may go with a points system like MS have done with Xbox Live Marketplace. £5 points equivelant for a classic big N64 game sounds fair though, and as you suggested cheaper games for special offers etc.

I seriously doubt the console will be as cheap as £130, I'd guess more like £150. And retailers are expecting games to cost the same as current Gamecube titles, that's £39.99 RRP so probably £34.99 in any decent store.

Nintendo said the Wii wouldn't be more that US$250, which is about £135. I know that typically prices get increased when they reach the british coast, but Nintendo do seem to be doing things differently in many other respects this time around, so I don't see why they can't change this. I payed £129.99 for my GC, and I hope to pay £129.99 for my Wii.

I'd hope controllers are a little cheaper than your guess, OTOH. I think people will think paying £30 for "a TV remote" to be a bit steep. I'd estimate five or ten pounds less. That's just the Wii-mote of course, perhaps all Wii-motes will be boxed with a nunchuck controller too - that could raise the price.

I'd love them to be cheaper than that too, but remember that Wavebirds still cost around £30, and the Wii controller is more complex than that. I doubt that the £29.99 ones will come with a nunchuck attachment, but they'll probably sell a £39.99 edition which comes with a nunchuck attachment, and possibly one NES download for good will.

I think your VC prices are probably pretty on the money, though I suspect Nintendo may go with a points system like MS have done with Xbox Live Marketplace. £5 points equivelant for a classic big N64 game sounds fair though, and as you suggested cheaper games for special offers etc.

I like the way you planned and set that out,quite nice.

Cheers.

I'd love your console price to be right, under £149.99 would be a huge attraction psychologically to consumers, plus with the Xbox 360 still being much cheaper than the PS3 (and that's with games and the knowledge that your console actually has a semi-decent library) the Wii needs to be as cheap as possible.

Personally, my theory on why Nintendo won't go as low as £130 is simple: The DS Lite. I don't think Ninty would want a (fairly new) handheld on the market for just 30 quid less than their full home system - this could damage sales of the Lite where people decide to spend a little more and get a "proper" console. I know I don't want to see the DS become simply a stopgap measure until the launch of the Wii, but I worry how many people would look at the two options and decide to spend an extra £30 and get a home console.

Of course, Nintendo aren't complete idiots so I'm sure they're thought up a good price point that will work. It's also worth remembering that plenty of shops won't let you buy the Wii on its own at launch anyway, they'll make you bundle it with a couple of games so my thoughts about the Lite and the Wii have similar prices may be moot for quite a while.

Actually you have to consider mainland Europe in your theory. If the Wii will cost $199.99 in the US, which is the most likely price, then the Wii will cost €199.99 in the Eurozone. The best way to translate that to a British price is £130. £150 would be ripping off the British as that equals about 220 euros.

I did consider Europe of course. Ripping off the British is what happens in the games market, everyone knows that. I don't think Nintendo will do anything to make this worse but they certainly haven't shown any plans to improve the situation - £29.99 DS games for example.

Actually you have to consider mainland Europe in your theory. If the Wii will cost $199.99 in the US, which is the most likely price, then the Wii will cost €199.99 in the Eurozone. The best way to translate that to a British price is £130. £150 would be ripping off the British as that equals about 220 euros.

Ripping off the British is gonna happen anyway. We always get screwed over.

Ripping off the British is gonna happen anyway. We always get screwed over.

Its not Nintendo thats ripping off anyone, its the fact that the games have to travel and on that travel there are many companies etc. and every company that is involved in getting games to a certain country wants a piece of the cake. This is my experience: Japan = Cheap > U.S. = Still Cheap > U.K. = Getting expensive > Norway > Overpriced 2k :heh: