N-Europe

What would you do if you had a time machine

mike-zim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if we could go back in time and alter the past, it would have already happened. So there would be no change.
Well then, if you're so smart, how do you explain Back to the Future :indeed:

It's quite weird to think about it, if you go to the past to change the future, it means that your future self has already gone there and suposedly altered it, wich means you woudln't need to go to the past to change it, ande neither would you're future self.

Well then, if you're so smart, how do you explain Back to the Future :indeed:

I love that film SO MUCH...although i did realise that in the first film it does create a massive paradox... At the end when Marty plays "Jonnhy B Goode" at the dance, the guitar player he is filling in for calls his cousin "Marvin Berry(sp?)" to let him here the new song, but if Marty learned the song from listening to the Marvin Berry song in 1985 but Marvin learned it listening to Marty play it in 1955 then WHO WROTE THE SONG.........??????????????

my head hurts :heh:

It's quite weird to think about it, if you go to the past to change the future, it means that your future self has already gone there and suposedly altered it, wich means you woudln't need to go to the past to change it, ande neither would you're future self.

I think the best way around this is the theory that if you went back in time and changed the past you'd also create an alternate/parralel(sp?) universe.

Good examples of this are in Dragonball Z when Trunks first goes back in time, then returns to the future to find it hasn't been changed but when he goes back to the past he sees it is happening different to "his" history, he not only traveled between times but also between universes.

Or even in the Zelda games, how Links time travel adventures in Ocarina of Time created the alternate reality that Wind Waker takes place in

I think I wouldn't change anything of my past. Sure there are things I regret but these things define me. I'd just go back to watch important historical moments like Nero burning down Rome if true.

And I'd "import" a Wii with Zelda TP from 6 month in the future and travel to the 24th century to find out if we really have Warp 9 capabilities by then. If so I'd steal a shuttlecraft and would use it for everyday shopping in present day.

Ya, like Moria said before me, assuming you were the only one with a time machine, and the only one who knew such a thing existed, and you told them all that stuff... You'd be the prime suspect in no time :P.

Er who cares if I'm the prime suspect? I have a time machine. I could be completely untracable :p

I changed my mind though, first thing I would do is go see things I did as a kid that I can barely remember - which will be really weird and nostalgic but also very cool.

Hehe. :)

I would definitely do what Fields did. Get lottery numbers, football numbers, etc.

Although, for ViPeR's sake, i would have to go back in time and slap anyone who had anything to do with Terminator 3. Possibly, the Alien Resurrection crew, as well.

Yes that'd definately be top of my list of priorities. I'd probably do the usual, get the lottery numbers too, go back 10 or so years and tell myself NOT to do or TO do certain things. I'd then go into the future to see what it's like, not quite sure if i'd like to see myself to be honest, perhaps seeing friends though would be cool. Oh and i'd buy the complete boxset of Lost and bring it back and annoy everyone.

Same thing we try to do every day Pinky...Try to take over the world!!

LOL's and ROFL's and LMAO's and Indeed!

Well then, if you're so smart, how do you explain Back to the Future

I love that film SO MUCH...although i did realise that in the first film it does create a massive paradox... At the end when Marty plays "Jonnhy B Goode" at the dance, the guitar player he is filling in for calls his cousin "Marvin Berry(sp?)" to let him here the new song, but if Marty learned the song from listening to the Marvin Berry song in 1985 but Marvin learned it listening to Marty play it in 1955 then WHO WROTE THE SONG.........??????????????

There's a clanger in that film, during the scene when Marty plays Johnny B. Goode at the dance he was playing a Gibson ES-335. Which were launched in 1958, but the film is set in 1955. If Marty was to play a Gibson guitar in that period he should've been playing a Les Paul.

I would go back to the year Franz Ferdinand was killed, save his ass, therefore saving millions of people's asses because the First World War would never have taken place.

And at the same time, caused millions of deaths due to lack of advances in medicine, technology, etc.

Another thing I could do, is go back in time to Roswell (the "ufo" crash), kill my grandad, sleep with my grandmother. Then go forward in time to the year 3000 and save the universe from giant brains with the help of guinea pigs.

And at the same time, caused millions of deaths due to lack of advances in medicine, technology, etc.

Another thing I could do, is go back in time to Roswell (the "ufo" crash), kill my grandad, sleep with my grandmother. Then go forward in time to the year 3000 and save the universe from giant brains with the help of guinea pigs.

Thats what we need, time travel advice from mister "I'm my own grandfather" :heh:

I'd go back to Jerusalam in the year zero and chill out with Jesus.

That reminds me, i'd go back to that time also to first see what happened in the 18 years of Jesus' life missing from the bible (he jumps from age 12 to 30 in an instant nobody questions this?). 2nd find out just how much of the bible is true and how much is a cover up and thrid if the Da Vinci Code turns out to be wrong i'd get Jesus a few extra bottles of wine get him well drunk and lock him and Mary Magdaline in a room and let human nature take over:p