Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

So is it confirmed that Leon and RE2 isn't in it?

Yeah both Leon and Claire are not in the game.

The only reason i think RE2 is not in RE:UC because of the A + B scenarios in RE2.

Is it me or does Jill resembles Venessa from PN03 in those cutscenes!?

Vanessa was based on Jill design from REmake.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Code Veronica, now this!!

The ONLY reason I'm interested in this game now is for the new Umbrella section! The rest might aswell not be in it!

And if only they could have told that part of the story as they were originally going to!

A glorious third person adventure to the center of umbrella secret snow base, starring Leon!

re4shotzgc4.jpg

bananabio08.jpg

re4shotzgc2.jpg

First Code Veronica, now this!!

The ONLY reason I'm interested in this game now is for the new Umbrella section! The rest might aswell not be in it!

And if only they could have told that part of the story as they were originally going to!

A glorious third person adventure to the center of umbrella secret snow base, starring Leon!

It was on a island with a umbrella secret castle base and was about the mother virus Retro Link.

It was on a island with a umbrella secret castle base and was about the mother virus Retro Link.
I know what I'm talking about Dante.

There was no mention of an island, and whilst one location was set in what appeared to be a castle, other scenes seemed to showed a snowy location with a very industrial feel to it and seemed to be the hidden core of the Umbrella corportion!

This final part of the story appears to have made its way into Umbrella Chronicles in first person!

EDIT:

Original Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/3295.html

The castle also looks like it might be in a snowy location, with what looks like snow blowing in through the windows.

Aren't they meant to be using this game as a way to fill some gaps in what happened to Umbrella and bring all the "Umbrella Story-arc games" together... and to help bring the Wii's "new-gamers" market upto speed with the RE story should any of them get the game.

how the hell can they do that without using RE2... it wouldn't make sense

It's a shame the characters and general backgrounds in those screens show that it's not even really up to Resi 1 standards (though yes there are 3D destructable environments, but this is the Wii not GC)

bio6.jpg

Also a few slight story issues (though nothing major)...

This game shows that the Fall of Umbrella takes place in 2003!

That's FIVE years after Code Veronica (which was set three months after Resi 2/3 in 1998)!

What on earth were STARS etc... doing in that time?!

Its abit annoying because both the end of Code Veronica and the Story intro to Resi4 seem to imply that Umbrella fell soon after the Racoon City events, not five years later!

In the timeline that brings the Fall of Umbrella up to only one year before Resi 4 (2004)!

You got the impression from Resi 4 that Umbrella had really been hit hard and that it had taken Wesker years to recover and build his own 'new Umbrella'.

Why didn't they just set the Fall of Umbrella in the year 2000 or something.

Also, it's five years later, give Chris and Jill a new look, you utterly lazy copy and pasting bastards Capcom!

(though yes there are 3D destructable environments, but this is the Wii not GC)

If Microsoft and Sony keep to their mass power-increasing methods, it'll be two or three generations before you can recreate RE1 in destructible 3D graphics.

Anyone seen the new trailer? This games looks amazing, bu its getting such average writeups! I really really want this to be great, and I ant the Zapper to make it even better!!

Yeah, I've seen the new trailer, and I also think it looks amazing. I will be getting this, no matter what reviews it gets (I very rarely let reviews have an impact on my game buying decisions).

It is new to him but i think it is this one.

Thanks! I'd already seen that one, but watching it again, the Zombies do react to being shot, and I think it does look good, 7-8 good, but we all know this could be easily a 9-10 good if they pull it all off, especially with the new scenario in the snow.

With Capcom there is always hope. When you see shoddy work from other developers it's likely that the finished game will be shoddy. But with Capcom they do at least revise games and improve them, look at how many changes RE4 underwent.

I'm still interested, but not overly excited. This really is a 'wait-'n-see'-game. Those new screens aren't too shabby, methinks. Rather tasty, as a matter a fact!

I hope you won't need the nunchuk in two-player-mode, but just two Wii-remotes. Dual-wielding zombie-slaughter mayhem, baby! :grin: Ratatatatatatah!

...Ahum. Got a bit carried away there. :wink:

RE:UC is shaping up quite nicely. Though i'm all into the light-gun style gameplay, i still think it's a bit of a wasted opportunity for not making an RE4 style game. If this game sells tremendous, Capcom might consider another RE title, but if they put the same effort in it like they did with RE4, it'll be another 2 years AT LEAST, till we see the release.

Anyway, Im getting this game no matter what reviews. I think it'll score rather averagely, like in the 7/10s. I hope they add enough other modes to play in, like how RE4 had The Mercenaries mini-game. It's very well suited to this game.

Only a few months left till release. Here's hoping to a finely tuned game!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!