NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Nah, he's fun, I like the kid.

I agree ok I maybe not like him but he certainly is fun - he spouts a load of shite and pisses everyone else off everytime he comes on - I think he gets off on the abuse he gets. I'm actually amazed you still come on here zeldafreak you never have anything positive to say about the Wii. I would have thought you'd have sold yours by now and concentrated on singing the praises of the 360 on the 360 boards.

If the Wii pisses you off so much then dont read articles about it - As it obviously upsets you. Dont want you spontaneously combusting (hmmm might be fun to watch though! lol).

Oh and I'm sorry Capcom have made you stand to play this game - perhaps it's not too late maybe if you send them a detailed blueprint of your room they can add a different control option specially for you.

Back on topic - I'm looking forward to it - graphically it looks impressive and 15-20hrs of gameplay is good. I'm glad to see the script is as cheesetacular as ever :grin:

I agree ok I maybe not like him but he certainly is fun - he spouts a load of shite and pisses everyone else off everytime he comes on - I think he gets off on the abuse he gets. I'm actually amazed you still come on here zeldafreak you never have anything positive to say about the Wii. I would have thought you'd have sold yours by now and concentrated on singing the praises of the 360 on the 360 boards.

If the Wii pisses you off so much then dont read articles about it - As it obviously upsets you. Dont want you spontaneously combusting (hmmm might be fun to watch though! lol).

Oh and I'm sorry Capcom have made you stand to play this game - perhaps it's not too late maybe if you send them a detailed blueprint of your room they can add a different control option specially for you.

Back on topic - I'm looking forward to it - graphically it looks impressive and 15-20hrs of gameplay is good. I'm glad to see the script is as cheesetacular as ever :grin:

No its only the vc when emulation isn't buggered up and super paper mario/treasure island z that are restraining me not to sell the console.

Well I would of course preferred umbrella chronicles to be more like re4. But then they want to sucker people in to purchase this title to recoup their r+d costs they have used on treasure island z, so I'm all for it just don't have to buy it.

:D

Firstly I'm not trolling were having discussion.
This is about the 70th time I say this, but a discussion does not mean "Listen to whatever garbage ZeldaFreak has decided to imagine today". We don't appreciate you pissing on whatever news comes by.

Really, this is your basic list for every game out there.

1) Check graphics. If not resembling anything beyond Xbox graphics, complain about Wii's N64 graphics and how developers are pushing the 360 and PS3.

2) If graphics are okay, find something about the development, pretend you know about it, and start blasting at that.

3) If everything else fails, start making random comments about why the game's genre sucks or why the Wiimote is tacked on and unsuited for the game.

It's getting beyond annoying, because you're treating this forum as if it's your blog, and it's not.

No its only the vc when emulation isn't buggered up and super paper mario/treasure island z that are restraining me not to sell the console.

I thought you didn't like using the pointer?

This is about the 70th time I say this, but a discussion does not mean "Listen to whatever garbage ZeldaFreak has decided to imagine today". We don't appreciate you pissing on whatever news comes by.

1) Check graphics. If not resembling anything beyond Xbox graphics, complain about Wii's N64 graphics and how developers are pushing the 360 and PS3.

2) If graphics are okay, find something about the development, pretend you know about it, and start blasting at that.

3) If everything else fails, start making random comments about why the game's genre sucks or why the Wiimote is tacked on and unsuited for the game.

It's getting beyond annoying, because you're treating this forum as if it's your blog, and it's not.

Come on, it's a discussion forum, we all have different points of view. Zeldafreak can get a little irritating, but he does have a few good points.

Come on, it's a discussion forum, we all have different points of view. Zeldafreak can get a little irritating, but he does have a few good points.
I know, but ZeldaFreak actually (used to) ruins these discussions with his ignorant and arrogant viewpoints... I admit that he has interesting views but he exaggerates them; he doesn't seem to want to actually discuss stuff, but he wants us to hear him predicting Nintendo's doom because he seems to have the idea that he's some authority in these discussions.

Right so you don't want to have good looking games and good controls on your games I take it.

Because the way I see this game is at best a very poor copy of a House of the Dead game. In that you could blast a zombies arm/leg off and their was actually battle damage to the character models.

Its the same reason why Sega hasn't announced HOTD yet these lightgun style games need an actual lightgun not the wiimote pretending to be a lightgun which it is not.

The guy's a complete prick imo.

Zeldafreak, while he sometimes does say decent stuff, has no bloody idea half the time what he's saying (well i hope so, because what he says sometimes is bloody stupid...).

Zeldafreak, while he sometimes does say decent stuff, has no bloody idea half the time what he's saying (well i hope so, because what he says sometimes is bloody stupid...).

Zeldafreak should be included as its own language in Google Translate.

Both of you attack me personally why so? I never attack members on this forum so why do I get attacked?

All I'm saying is this looks like a delibrate cash in proably was something else the game idea, but they attached the RE franchise to it. Then we have GC game coming to the wii again. Oh yes and Capcoms third venture something that isn't a cash in not a gamecube game. Shock horror an original IP well thats a first for the wii then a new IP that will be good.

I know, but ZeldaFreak actually (used to) ruins these discussions with his ignorant and arrogant viewpoints... I admit that he has interesting views but he exaggerates them; he doesn't seem to want to actually discuss stuff, but he wants us to hear him predicting Nintendo's doom because he seems to have the idea that he's some authority in these discussions.

Come on, the guy's got some character, since Dabookerman, Nintendork and Solitanze left us the board has lacked a bit of character. He may be a little irritating, but at least he adds some flair to the discussion!

The on-rails Wii shooter Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is set to tell the full, sprawling story of the survival horror series, bridging the gaps between RE remake, RE0, RE1, RE2 and RE3. What fans may not realize, however, is that the game was originally set to look and play like Resident Evil 4. Only after Capcom took a look at Nintendo's new hardware did it decide to mix up the formula.

"At the initial stage of development, Umbrella Chronicles' play system was similar to Resident Evil 4's," producer Masachika Kawata told Famitsu in a video interview. "But, it's extremely difficult on Wii. Too complicated to enjoy. Wii users like easiness. Umbrella Chronicles is not only for game enthusiasts. Complex operability can be an obstacle for Wii users. We want players to enjoy the game's horrifying and creepy world and its thrilling shooting action. By reducing enthusiast-only elements, players can purely enjoy the world."

To achieve this goal, Kawata admits that Capcom "… had to compromise to a lower difficulty level."

In addition to taking players through RE remake, RE0, RE1, RE2, and RE3, the game will also chronicle the downfall of the Umbrella Corporation. According to Capcom, all new missions have been designed to tell the tale. "New episodes between RE3 and RE4 are revealed in Umbrella Chronicles," according to the development studio.

What the fuck? RE4-style gameplay too difficult on Wii?

Then why the fuck does Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition exist???

They said in the interview that most of the Wii users arent hardcore gaming people so when they remade R Evil 4 for the Wii they have gave it 3 pretty simple difficulty levels to allow for non gamers to get into the game. Initially in R Evil 4 Wii you have Amateur, Easy and Normal to play on.

They said in the interview that most of the Wii users arent hardcore gaming people so when they remade R Evil 4 for the Wii they have gave it 3 pretty simple difficulty levels to allow for non gamers to get into the game. Initially in R Evil 4 Wii you have Amateur, Easy and Normal to play on.

So, why could they not just do that in RE:UC?

So, why could they not just do that in RE:UC?

They wanted to spoil our fun by giving us a lightgun game. But seriously though I know what you mean, if it worked for R Evil 4 then why not just do the same fo UC? I would have liked a game like R Evil 4 so much more aswell.

Capcom have a very naive view on the Wii's user base. The demographic is changing, but the audience is still mainly early adopting hardcore gamers, so all this changing genres and difficulty is far from necessary.

Besides, who got the idea that Resident Evil should appeal to the mainstream - the bleeping Wii Sports loving mainstream? Capcom is being incredibly stupid.

Besides, who got the idea that Resident Evil should appeal to the mainstream - the bleeping Wii Sports loving mainstream? Capcom is being incredibly stupid.

Yea. Capcom have one hell of an advertising job on their hands. Making a game like Resident Evil appeal to non-gamers, without putting off the hardcore gamers, just doesn't seem likely. I think Nintendo's tactic of using the Wii series (Sports, Play, Music, etc), to try and coax non-gamers onto "proper" games is a better idea.

Well, I love the idea of RE:UC being a light gun game, but now I've found out it was going to be like RE4 I'm a little disappointed. That would've been great.

So maybe this isn't so grreat now, but it will make better use of the remote.

Yea, a lightgun-like game could be ace. But what's wrong with a new IP for it? It would make more sense business-wise - the reputation of the franchise as a "hardcore gamers series" wouldn't put the non-gamers off it.

I thought you didn't like using the pointer?

Is that cos he gets confused and points at the TV? :heh:

Yea, a lightgun-like game could be ace. But what's wrong with a new IP for it? It would make more sense business-wise - the reputation of the franchise as a "hardcore gamers series" wouldn't put the non-gamers off it.

They're playing it safe and using an existing franchise that they know people will buy if the love Resi, or if it's just a casual seeing it on a shop shelf and picking it up because Resi's a respected series.

Well, if this turns out poor, then it'll be a massive 'What If...' as we'll all be thinking how good it could have been with the RE4 controls. If it turns out to be a beauty, who cares?

That "it would have been too hard for gamers" is just total bullshit, they're just lazy because it's easier to make a lightgun game than a RE4-like game. If it's easier for anyone, it's for them. Dicks.

That "it would have been too hard for gamers" is just total bullshit, they're just lazy because it's easier to make a lightgun game than a RE4-like game. If it's easier for anyone, it's for them. Dicks.
Agreed!

It's their loss aswell, as the game would surely sell more if it was in the style of Resi 4!

I dunno about that, I'd rather have a RE4 game, and I didn't like their comments that much (and I like lightgun games too), thing is... if they had the game running like RE4 (presumably in the same engine) isn't it harder (or give more work) to adapt it?

Thing is... If it's not broken, don't break it, and justifying on-rails like that for me doesn't cut it, if that's the only reason, 3rd person would be better for me.

RE4 (complicated controls) and REUC (n00b controls) might be their way of evaluating what the consumer wants; so I'm really rooting both sell well, but RE4 sells more.