NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Exactly its sub par.

the previews have said it cold be ok. Not fantastic not brilliant just ok.

Again, I don't see how you can possibly say how good this game will be! Especially when it's early in development!

And from IGN

We'll have much more on the game just as soon as we get the opportunity to play deeper into it, but even from this early junction it seems clear that the developer has another winner on its hands, even if it doesn't follow the more traditional Resident Evil formula.

... er define a cash in i honestly don't think anyone knows what it is really...This is entirely new re gameplay. It's being oh you know innovative.Would third person gameplay not be more of a cash as it's going to usual sequel route?

I was a bit worried at first but it actually looks like effort is being made on thi****ike hotel dusk did with the point and click genre i think this game and the wii for that matter could revive the dead lightgun genre

Exactly its sub par.

And Pedro Capcom says its great - of course they would say so. And the previews have said it cold be ok. Not fantastic not brilliant just ok.

Oh, but you know it's shit because you obviously played it. *sigh*

Why would capcom want to do a crap game with the RE franchise? It's their biggest property and look at the game, it's not low budget, nor a PS2 port.

Really...

And a OK game is automatically a cash-in?

Besides some previews have gone a little further than that, raving about the graphics and gameplay being fun and all, that said... they've played 10 minutes, but you're the guy able to do a review from that, even better you're able to review the game by reading what they've said; incredible.

You guys entertain me as well.

Right we know capcom produced the gun survior series or whatever that crap was. We know it sold very poorly. We know that on the GC RE4 sold the most. So why the fuck did capcom do it its like a suicide note in the making.

Maybe they were thinking right we don't really want to be making a new re game. Hey wait we have the gun survior code from that project we produced, a few improvements there - oh and we reuse the re4 gc engine. Yes new games cranked out at the speed of light.

I know its a business decision behind this but the wiimote has to be pointed at the screen to play it thus means me standing. Why the fuck should I stand to play a videogame. Not just capcoms fault but nearly everyones who is developing fo it.

I know its a business decision behind this but the wiimote has to be pointed at the screen to play it thus means me standing. Why the fuck should I stand to play a videogame.

I have one very important question: Are you a t-rex?

Why the fuck should I stand to play a videogame.

well that makes your choices in which games to buy on the Wii very little now :P

Right we know capcom produced the gun survior series or whatever that crap was. We know it sold very poorly. We know that on the GC RE4 sold the most. So why the fuck did capcom do it its like a suicide note in the making.

Maybe they were thinking right we don't really want to be making a new re game. Hey wait we have the gun survior code from that project we produced, a few improvements there - oh and we reuse the re4 gc engine. Yes new games cranked out at the speed of light.

I know its a business decision behind this but the wiimote has to be pointed at the screen to play it thus means me standing. Why the fuck should I stand to play a videogame. Not just capcoms fault but nearly everyones who is developing fo it.

Hahaha.... Ohhh mercy.

ZeldaFreak wears the pants here. If you don't accept his opinion, he's got plenty more words to feed.

I have one very important question: Are you a t-rex?

No, those had brains.

First... it's not gun survior, it's survivor, the same error is done twice in your post; and I doubt you ever played the games you're badmouthing (we'll perhaps on a emulator with a no-name gamepad instead of guncoms while still bitching you want them), yes they're bad, but the community also goes on to say they sucked just because they heard it did, they never touched it.

Like said gun survivor series wasn't done in-house by Capcom, and this title is not a Gun Survivor, otherwise it would be in it's title, it really doesn't fit and distances itself from it, if only you've read and done your homework before bitching (go read the cvxfreak post a few pages back)

Ever thought of... This might be the way the team wanted to go? They're the ones making the game, why can't they?

And? thank god they use that engine means they don't have to start from ground each time.

Did you know Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5 all use the same crossplatform engine for X360, PS3 and PC?

You're just being narrowminded; Should capcom reuse GOOD engines? HELL YES!

Guess what, I play House of the Dead while sitting (with a guncon) as well as shooters like Red Steel on Wii... You don't have to be standing, unless you want to (are we really arguing this)

Can't someone ban him and get it over with? Or atleast ban him from any area where there is a chance to complain?

Why would you have to stand up, you just need to point it at the screen, sit in front of your TV in chair! I'm not all for these games where you need to hop around the room, but this is not one of them.

I'm a big critic of some of the shite on Wii, but this is looking really promising. It's an adult game, an exclusive, developed by Capcom, Resident Evil, has great graphics and uses the Wii mote as a light gun for a great new experience.

I'll be the first to say when a Wii game looks shite, but this looks great.

First... it's not gun survior, it's survivor, the same error is done twice in your post; and I doubt you ever played the games you're badmouthing (we'll perhaps on a emulator with a no-name gamepad instead of guncoms while still bitching you want them), yes they're bad, but the community also goes on to say they sucked just because they heard it did, they never touched it.

Like said gun survivor series wasn't done in-house by Capcom, and this title is not a Gun Survivor, otherwise it would be in it's title, it really doesn't fit and distances itself from it, if only you've read and done your homework before bitching (go read the cvxfreak post a few pages back)

Ever thought of... This might be the way the team wanted to go? They're the ones making the game, why can't they?And? thank god they use that engine means they don't have to start from ground each time.

Did you know Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5 all use the same crossplatform engine for X360, PS3 and PC?

You're just being narrowminded; Should capcom reuse GOOD engines? HELL YES!Guess what, I play House of the Dead while sitting (with a guncon) as well as shooters like Red Steel on Wii... You don't have to be standing, unless you want to (are we really arguing this)

I'm not arsed about them resusing good engines and hell yes I want them to reuse the re4 engine. But I want them to actually put a little effort in and give us either gc remakes of their re franchise or give us umbrella chronicles with re4 controls. I hope to god this game does terribly just to allow them to see the light. Futhermore yes it may of been the teams decision to want to do this, however its a business and we need those fuckers to remember this if nobody buys this garbage then they won't make it.And yes I did know that they were using the same engine for games on pc/360/ps3.

I know this game isn't fucking gun survivor title, you know your pretty dense Capcom produced the title - yes wasn't developed by them but produced by them they partly own the code to the series. And in business its called rebranding they knew gs was shite so they rebranded it.

But the where my tv is in my room, you have to stand to play most of the games on it that uses point detection such as when you fire a gun, etc. If its just motion sensoring no problems

Why would you have to stand up, you just need to point it at the screen, sit in front of your TV in chair! I'm not all for these games where you need to hop around the room, but this is not one of them.

I'm a big critic of some of the shite on Wii, but this is looking really promising. It's an adult game, an exclusive, developed by Capcom, Resident Evil, has great graphics and uses the Wii mote as a light gun for a great new experience.

I'll be the first to say when a Wii game looks shite, but this looks great.

Well where by tv is in my room the only way the sensor bar, even the nyko one to lesser extent, doesn't detect the pointing functions if your sitting down in my room.

And yes it looks mighty fine looking game - but gameplay looks shite. It has to be a joint effort from gameplay and graphics. And do you think this game will stay on the wii exclusive. At Capcoms first chance they'll tart it up and put it in arcades.

I'm not arsed about them resusing good engines and hell yes I want them to reuse the re4 engine. But I want them to actually put a little effort in and give us either gc remakes of their re franchise or give us umbrella chronicles with re4 controls. I hope to god this game does terribly just to allow them to see the light. Futhermore yes it may of been the teams decision to want to do this, however its a business and we need those fuckers to remember this if nobody buys this garbage then they won't make it.And yes I did know that they were using the same engine for games on pc/360/ps3.

I know this game isn't fucking gun survivor title, you know your pretty dense Capcom produced the title - yes wasn't developed by them but produced by them they partly own the code to the series. And in business its called rebranding they knew gs was shite so they rebranded it.

But the where my tv is in my room, you have to stand to play most of the games on it that uses point detection such as when you fire a gun, etc. If its just motion sensoring no problems

Quick, call Capcom, halt production, Zelda Freaks TV is too high for him to play.

On another note Mr Zelda Freak, have you ever considered therapy ? You seem to have a lot of anger and venting it on these forums doesn't seem to be working for you.

I must admit i wasn't too impressed when i heard it wasn't going to be similar to RE4 gameplay wise but i'm quite looking forward to it now.

Quick, call Capcom, halt production, Zelda Freaks TV is too high for him to play.

On another note Mr Zelda Freak, have you ever considered therapy ? You seem to have a lot of anger and venting it on these forums doesn't seem to be working for you.

I must admit i wasn't too impressed when i heard it wasn't going to be similar to RE4 gameplay wise but i'm quite looking forward to it now.

Its not too high its just that the position of the tv is somewhat slightly off and the wiimote can only really detect the motions not the pointing.

Oh I know why your looking forward to it because after the gc remake, its the final new RE game to come to a nintendo home console.

Well where by tv is in my room the only way the sensor bar, even the nyko one to lesser extent, doesn't detect the pointing functions if your sitting down in my room.

And yes it looks mighty fine looking game - but gameplay looks shite. It has to be a joint effort from gameplay and graphics. And do you think this game will stay on the wii exclusive. At Capcoms first chance they'll tart it up and put it in arcades.

Ok, maye you don't like intense arcade style light gun gameplay, but I do. I loved Virtua Cop, Time Crisis and HotD. This looks just like HotD but with superior graphics and more fleshed out gameplay.

I suggest you reposition your TV. I have a 28inch widescreen TV that sits in the corner of my living room, if I want to play games I just put a chair in front of it. Simple really.

Its not too high its just that the position of the tv is somewhat slightly off and the wiimote can only really detect the motions not the pointing.

Oh I know why your looking forward to it because after the gc remake, its the final new RE game to come to a nintendo home console.

I'm looking forward to it because it looks like i'm going to enjoy it and i think in time Capcom will make a new resi game using the re4 engine for the wii, that is if they have any sense

Based on one trailer, how can you possibly know it's garbage?

Enlighten us with a source, please.

But the where my tv is in my room, you have to stand to play most of the games on it that uses point detection such as when you fire a gun, etc. If its just motion sensoring no problems Well where by tv is in my room the only way the sensor bar, even the nyko one to lesser extent, doesn't detect the pointing functions if your sitting down in my room.

So instead of getting up from your lazy ass and actually place the sensor bar in a position to see the Wiimote, you're blaming Capcom for using the pointer. Makes sense.

Since when do you care about gameplay? Why should we care whether a shit game like this is exclusive anyway?

Really, I hope the Admins recognise you for the troll you are and ban you. You're really ruining the Wii board.

its the final new RE game to come to a nintendo home console.
Highly likely there will be other Resi games!
Its not too high its just that the position of the tv is somewhat slightly off and the wiimote can only really detect the motions not the pointing
Well that's your problem which you should sort out! It doesn't reflect the situation of everyone with a Wii and so is hardly something Capcom should have to consider!

Probably a major reason Gun Survivor sold poorly in comparison to the main Resi games, is the fact the series was a departure from the main story. People just don't feel the need to buy the game as much.

RE:UC ties in directly with the main Resi story and actually tells the part of the main story everyone wants to know about! People are going to want to play through this game!

The game is therefore in a VERY different situation to the Gun Survivor series!

Can't someone ban him and get it over with? Or atleast ban him from any area where there is a chance to complain?

Nah, he's fun, I like the kid.

Ok, maye you don't like intense arcade style light gun gameplay, but I do. I loved Virtua Cop, Time Crisis and HotD. This looks just like HotD but with superior graphics and more fleshed out gameplay.

I suggest you reposition your TV. I have a 28inch widescreen TV that sits in the corner of my living room, if I want to play games I just put a chair in front of it. Simple really.

Totally love light gun games. However seen as the wiimote doesn't work at all like a light gun, therefore a let down. Unless capcom produces a lightgun to use with it.

But ya see my tv's attached to the wall so it looks slick, unfortunately the position ing of the sensor bar is annoying.

I'm looking forward to it because it looks like i'm going to enjoy it and i think in time Capcom will make a new resi game using the re4 engine for the wii, that is if they have any sense

This is using an update of the re4 engine

Based on one trailer, how can you possibly know it's garbage?

Enlighten us with a source, please.

So instead of getting up from your lazy ass and actually place the sensor bar in a position to see the Wiimote, you're blaming Capcom for using the pointer. Makes sense.

Since when do you care about gameplay? Why should we care whether a shit game like this is exclusive anyway?

Really, I hope the Admins recognise you for the troll you are and ban you. You're really ruining the Wii board.

Firstly I'm not trolling were having discussion. Secondly you want a source to the fact that capcom owns the characters, models, story and own in part the gs gameplay engine code. Ok, that makes no sense gapcom had idea and outsourced it to another company to create it.

Same as Nintendo owns the Battalion War games oh wait they weren't developed by Nintendo that means Kuju owns the rights to it. That must be it right? Wrong. Nintendo owns the fast majority of the content but both can use the gameplay engine if they want to.

Nah, he's fun, I like the kid.

Cheers Hellfire - where like ying and yang right right? But I like you to. Your the loveable face of the portugean mafia.

Cheers Hellfire - where like ying and yang right right? But I like you to. Your the loveable face of the portugean mafia.

At least the ladies say so.

ZeldaFreak: In relation to your TV position/sensor bar placement, couldn't you just place the sensor bar somewhere else? It doesn't have to be near the TV to work. So, if your TV is hanging on the wall high up, couldn't you place the sensor bar somewhere below the TV? That way you would just have to point at the sensor bar, not at the TV.

On topic: I'm looking forward to this game, especially for the story elements and the prospect of seeing locations from Resident Evil 2 and 3 in glorious high quality 3d-o-vision.