NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Most definatly! Me and my mates would have so much fun playing co-op on this! We loved playing house of the dead!

Co-op would be great. I love HotD on Co-op!

Aren't they £5 in GameStation? I may pick up ONM...cheaper wristband. Oh, and free magazine.

I got a Zelda one from GameStation once and got it for £1.99.

I wear it everyday.One with the Shield crest on it with Nintendo on the back :heh:

After reading up on this, and since I saw the trailor(s), I must say this will be a very game addition to a newly revived series.

I don't really fancy the idea of moving around automatically, but hey it's going to be one helluva RE game nevertheless.

It'll be Capcom's take on what they think is a market who play games for 10 minutes a time after they've enjoyed a quickfire session of Brain Trainning and Cooking Mama.

If this and Resi 4 sell bad it's there excuse not to develop for the Wii, which they are probably dying for after seeing the poor sales of any serious Wii game in Japan. 2 easy to develop games to test the market.

I hope they don't start "dumbing down" all Wii games.

It seems our choices are going to either be - PS2 ports, Original nintendo party games or dumbed down spin off's of major franchises.

I wonder if this game is going to come with a gun?

If this and Resi 4 sell bad it's there excuse not to develop for the Wii, which they are probably dying for after seeing the poor sales of any serious Wii game in Japan. 2 easy to develop games to test the market.

Well, in Japan, TP sold 480 000 copies, and Super Paper Mario has sold 380 000 copies in two weeks. In USA, most games that have been "serious" attempts and not published by THQ have breached barrier of 200 000 sold copies. Those are very good numbers for installed userbase. "Serious" games do sell on Wii, no matter what certain circles hope.

It'll be Capcom's take on what they think is a market who play games for 10 minutes a time after they've enjoyed a quickfire session of Brain Trainning and Cooking Mama.

I hope they don't start "dumbing down" all Wii games.

It seems our choices are going to either be - PS2 ports, Original nintendo party games or dumbed down spin off's of major franchises.

I wonder if this game is going to come with a gun?

With the Wii selling like hot cakes I doubt very much that any developer is looking for an excuse not to develop for it. They may be looking at new sytles of games but no developer in their right mind would ignore a platform which is easier and cheaper to develop for and that by the end of the year will have the largest installed userbase of all next gen consoles.

I got a Zelda one from GameStation once and got it for £1.99.

I wear it everyday.One with the Shield crest on it with Nintendo on the back :heh:

I see we are of similar minds:heh:

Just read the special feature in the magazine. They said they really wanted there to be a co-op mode in the game (do they know something we don't I wonder, and just have to wait before they reveal it?). They also said that to reload your gun in the game you shake the remote, and they would prefer it if you were to shake the nunchunk. I think I would have to agree with them there. Also, the pics look very nice indeed!

Shaking the nunchuk to reload would be so much better! Wouldn't ruin your aim aswell...

Shaking the nunchuk to reload would be so much better! Wouldn't ruin your aim aswell...

Maybe that's a reason to keep it as the Wiimote though....

I do think the Nunchuck should be reload though.

I think so too. Normally in Ego-shooters you still have the aim but take quite some time to reload while in light-gun games reloading is quick but at the expense of your aim.

So if you reloaded with the nun-chuck they could as well give you unlimited ammo if they keep it light-gun style.

I do think the Nunchuck should be reload though.

I don't get your first statement...

Surely if you're aiming at the screen (at a bad guy) with the wii-mote, you won't want to shake the wii-mote (thus ruining your aim) to reload. That said, I guess it makes it more realistic though..

I don't get your first statement...

Surely if you're aiming at the screen (at a bad guy) with the wii-mote, you won't want to shake the wii-mote (thus ruining your aim) to reload. That said, I guess it makes it more realistic though..

Yeah at first I was a bit skeptical, but really is more realistic, it just has to be well implemented and pick up the gesture 100% of the time and not simply move the aiming reticle (which I'm sure it will).

Those pages got me really hyped for the game. We now A shooter like this was coming, but it's even better now that it turned out to be Resident Evil.

Can't wait : peace:

No way should you have to shake the nunchuck, you need to do soemthing with the Wii-mote, like in regular light gun games, otherwise it is too easy, you can't reload with the other hand whilst maintaining your aim, it's unrealistic.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Resi storyline details throughout the games? There must be a website for it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Resi storyline details throughout the games? There must be a website for it.

residentevilfan.com

They have an encyclopedia on the series.

Scroll down to the left, it's under Miscellaneous.

Japan limited edition package:

9907053105.jpg

That is possibly the coolest thing i've ever seen.

Thing is, being asian, I don't I'd look cool walking around the city centre with a package as big as that....

..yes.. you get a Wii, Nunchuck, Remote, Umbrella Chronicles, a Wesker mask, 5 syringes and a conical flask containg a portion of the T-Virus..

..or at least that's what should be in it..