NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

That's before you meet the LAST, not the first. And I think it's an Iron Maiden (best band ever), not a Regenerator.

Resi 4 Wii & RE:UC Interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=18699&type=wmv&pl=game

Confirmation they intend the game to have a very full story!

It would great if Capcom added some more hidden things to find in Resi 4 Wii.

Well, I think this game is gonna be a real hit, it looks so much better than the other light gun efforts, and it's set in all the familiar locales, with great graphics and what looks like totally intense gameplay.

:(

According to (unconfirmed) Famitsu reports the game is set for a 2008 release in Japan. I guess this game will disappear from my gaming radar until winter holidays 2007.

It's still a cash in why can't they give us Resi evil 4 wii, but with the story of resi evil: umbrella chronicles.

Lightgun games are only fun when used with a lightgun. The wii controller doesn't work like a lightgun. Arrgggh I'm so annoyed with capcom - they give us a cash in, a gamecube port, and one brand new great looking game.

It's still a cash in why can't they give us Resi evil 4 wii, but with the story of resi evil: umbrella chronicles.

Lightgun games are only fun when used with a lightgun. The wii controller doesn't work like a lightgun. Arrgggh I'm so annoyed with capcom - they give us a cash in, a gamecube port, and one brand new great looking game.

The engine is the same, only on steroids, so it really must be kinda harder to make it on-rails since you'll be altering big portions of the code than doing a third person adventure starting were RE4 left off.

I can't see why it's a cash in, regardless of being good or not.

The best thing about this game, in my eyes, is that upon his success in sales (loads of resi fans wanting the story details), the chance for those lightgun compilations will be even greater.

Oh yeah, I tried trading in RE4 GC as to get its Wii release later on, and all I got offered was a quid! One measly pound! My advice, don't trade-in at EB stores.

...Oh yeah, I tried trading in RE4 GC as to get its Wii release later on, and all I got offered was a quid! One measly pound! My advice, don't trade-in at EB stores.

That is scandalous!

Indeed. Resi 4 Wii is a cash in. This is neither a cash in nor a side story, it's another instalment in the Resi saga. I don't really get what people are complaining about :confused:

Indeed. Resi 4 Wii is a cash in. This is neither a cash in nor a side story, it's another instalment in the Resi saga. I don't really get what people are complaining about :confused:
Agreed! I'm really looking forward to this!

The best thing about this game, in my eyes, is that upon his success in sales (loads of resi fans wanting the story details), the chance for those lightgun compilations will be even greater.

Oh yeah, I tried trading in RE4 GC as to get its Wii release later on, and all I got offered was a quid! One measly pound! My advice, don't trade-in at EB stores.

I sold my version of res 4 on ebay (got abit more than a £1!) hehe

I see Umbrella Chronicles as one of these "Weskers Report"-type fan service exercises where they go over all the series plot-holes and try and fill in the gaps a little.

Still, it's looking good.

The engine is the same, only on steroids, so it really must be kinda harder to make it on-rails since you'll be altering big portions of the code than doing a third person adventure starting were RE4 left off.

You can't see why its a cash in instead of giving us a "Resident Evil" game they us a cash in of House of the Dead meets RE characters. I hated the FPS RE games for that reason as well.

I hope they will give us a lightgun and not use the wiimote.

Because its not another installment its the side story of how the umbrella organisation ended. Treasure Island Z is the only capcom wii title that I'm looking forward.

Capcom didn't develop any of the Gun Survivors.

• Gun Survivor1 = TOSE Software
  • Gun Survivor2 = Nextech
  • Gun Survivor3 = Cavia
  • Gun Survivor4 (Dead Aim) = Cavia

Why ZeldaFreak?

Because its not another installment its the side story of how the umbrella organisation ended.

It main story game for me than RE4.

You can't see why its a cash in instead of giving us a "Resident Evil" game they us a cash in of House of the Dead meets RE characters. I hated the FPS RE games for that reason as well.
I explained it though; it would be easier to make a 3rd person adventure from this one, they've gone on rails because they wanted.

Good or bad, it's certainly not a cash-in like RE4 Wii is.

Because its not another installment its the side story of how the umbrella organisation ended. Treasure Island Z is the only capcom wii title that I'm looking forward.
Wait, wait, wait...

I think you'll find the story of Umbrellas downfall is actually the key resident evil storyline at this point in time!

Everyone wanted to know what happened to Umbrella and were dissapointed that Resi 4 so briefly skipped over it and that Resi 5 is also going to be set after the event!

Yet now it's just a side story?!!

If anything this is the next TRUE installment in the Resi storyline that everybody has known; and Resi 5 and Resi 4 before it are currently the side story.

You're basically just calling it a side story because it's in first person, because if this game/story was being told in third person I bet you'd consider it the ultimate Resi game!?

Because its not another installment its the side story of how the umbrella organisation ended.

They're making a RE5 that's concentrating on graphics of course that they wouldn't make it on Wii, this isn't a cash in it's a totally new game. A cash in would be porting the Gun survivors (which, as Dante pointed aren't done by Capcom). Adn the downfall of Umbrella is one of the most essential points in the plotline. Also, Lightguns only work on CRTs. You need to think before you post.

They're making a RE5 that's concentrating on graphics of course that they wouldn't make it on Wii, this isn't a cash in it's a totally new game. A cash in would be porting the Gun survivors (which, as Dante pointed aren't done by Capcom). Adn the downfall of Umbrella is one of the most essential points in the plotline. Also, Lightguns only work on CRTs. You need to think before you post.

Firstly wiimotes don't act the same way as lightguns. I fucking know this, what I was implying was I hope they release a lightgun to play this game with.

I am not saying the gun survivors were made by capcom but they have to green light the project so they effectively created it maybe more from a production stand point though.

Yeah its about umbrella corporation that saga finished and we have started a new saga - I like the idea fro the umbrella story its not that I'm referring to a cash in. I'm referring the gameplay of the game as a cash in.

How is the gameplay a cash in? Even you yourself have admitted that the Wiimote isn't a lightgun, so they're not making this 'like' the Gun Survivor games for that reason. So, how exactly is it a cash-in?

It's not a cash-in at all!

A port is a cash in and this isn't a port in the slightest!

It's a completely new game, designed for the wii, with a new engine, with classic Resi settings in 3D for the first time and new original settings, new story details and estimated 15-20 hrs worth!

This isn't some quick way to make money, it's taking alot of work!

You can't call it a cash-in because it's differs from the more traditional Resi games!

its a cash in. Using a franchise reputation to sucker in people into buying a sub par game. I dont liek it whan it rains.

Firstly wiimotes don't act the same way as lightguns. I fucking know this, what I was implying was I hope they release a lightgun to play this game with.
Why the hell? adding extra cost and having to let it be optional? (or turn the game more expensive?) besides it's accuracy will not be better, they'd be better off releasing a Wiimote addon like that Zapper.

It won't happen and it's not even feasible..

Yeah its about umbrella corporation that saga finished and we have started a new saga - I like the idea fro the umbrella story its not that I'm referring to a cash in. I'm referring the gameplay of the game as a cash in.
Basically you don't have a argument to call it a cash in.
its a cash in. Using a franchise reputation to sucker in people into buying a sub par game. I dont liek it whan it rains.
Did you play it? because the developers would say otherwise, and most previews too.

It's not RE5, but a cash-in? I don't think so.

its a cash in. Using a franchise reputation to sucker in people into buying a sub par game.
Well I wouldn't call Super Mario Sunshine or Mario Kart: Double Dash a cash-in, even though IMO they weren't all that great!

And how can you possibly say whether the game will be sub par or not! This could turn out to be one of the most fun, most replayable, immersive games yet!

Exactly its sub par.

And Pedro Capcom says its great - of course they would say so. And the previews have said it cold be ok. Not fantastic not brilliant just ok.

But you do not know that it is a sub-par game.