N-Europe

Need for Speed: Carbon

darkjak

Well, what do you think of this forthcoming itteration of Need For Speed?

I've bought all NFS games that have been released for the Cube, and I hope this will be better...

NFS: MW wasn't all that great, since there wasn't any damage on the cars (OK, the paint gets scratched, BIG DEAL), and the ability to change the visual appearance of the cars was strongly reduced from NFSUG2. Allso the police didn't play a very big part in the races.

Well, at least it will not look ugly, like MW did on GC. Apparently, high res textures wouldn't fit on a GC disk, so the good folks at EA said: who cares? and released it anyway. It could have looked really sweet if they had mushed all the terrible cutscenes to save space, but no. I'm not a graphics whore, but I can't play a game that is so damn ugly.

They also better sort out the police thing too. It was so annoying that to complete the milestones, you had to play easy with the first few cops so as not to lose them, it went against common sense. MW had so much potential, but sadly most was wasted.

NFSU2 was nice though, even if the city was too bare.

I want a classic NFS again. A new Hot Pursuit would be really cool. I want many different locations instead of a free roaming city. I want to drive during daylight against the cops and I want cars that don't need 20 gazillions of extra parts to look good.

And please less (or preferably no) Rap music.

I played NFSU and really enjoyed it, it was something new and fresh. I played NFSU2 and the free roaming part was fun in the beginning. I played NFS:MW and besides many new features I felt that it was basically more of the same.

I will only come back to this series when the damage modelling and car handling goes back to what it was in porsche challenge (porsche 2000). So far the handling in nfsu's has been terrible. This kind of game really would be great if the cars handled in the way that they do in Live for speed.

I mean it was easier to play the game with keyboard than with a proper wheel/pedals. And that's wrong. But apparently the people wan it that way. What happened to racing games that required that you had some skill?

And please less (or preferably no) Rap music.

I like Rap Music. Except it has to be the right type of Rap. All the Rap I hear these days is just abysmal. That mainstream crap is just terrible, but the real rap artists are really good. I have an ecelctic taste in music.

Guest Stefkov

pleeeaaaasseee....... don't make it shit. id like a decent car game apart fom Exite Truck.

I have....NFS:Uunderground, thats the one, and it was ..ok.might play it again.

Rap music is slow paced, very regular with lots of bass. It doesn't fit a racing game.

I'm looking forward to read some gameplay impressions. I have a feeling this might be better than Excite Truck.

i still like nfs3 the most, it was fast, stearing was tight and it had decent in car views. be great if they make it more like that except maybe with more cops, cars & competition and bring the in car view back!!

I think that I saw an old screen of NFS:HP2 once... There WAS an in car view at some point in the development of the game. And real replays too!

I think it would be cool if you could use the Wiimote's pointer ability to design your own graphics for your car.

An online mode is a must!

I never played Most Wanted so i can't comment on the Police feature.

More of a balance of music genres would be nice, some nice heavy metal and punk rock would be most welcome.

An good use of the Wiimotes features to make the controls as unique and as good as possible.

Gamefront:

"EAs Rennspiel Need For Speed Carbon wird anscheinend die Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection auf Wii nicht unterstützten. Das geht aus der aktuellen Game Informer hervor. In dem Vorschaubericht wird erwähnt, dass die PS3- und Xbox 360-Versionen Online-Funktionen besitzen werden; ebenso vielleicht PS2 und Xbox. Von Wii ist in diesem Zusammenhang allerdings nicht die Rede."

Gameinformer writes in a preview of NFS: Carbon about the online features of the PS3 and 360 when it comes to EAs next racing game. Also the PS2 and XBOX are mentioned. They write what online functions those consoles will support. However nothing is said about online functions and the Nintendo Wii. Furthermore a EA executive believes that both the PS3 and Wii controller are not really suited for games. He claims this is because of getting tired faster and the over sensitive controller movement.

So this could mean no online for NFS: Carbon and that at least some guys don't like the Wii controller.

Before anyone comes with the argument NFS: Carbon is not the best game please let me finish. I don't like the NFS series since they started with that subculture tuning rap stuff but it is still a very good selling franchise and if the article indeed means that the Wii version will not have online support EA doesn't have to release that game at all on the Wii.

Inferior graphics, lack of online support, probably bad implementation of the controller = version nobody needs!

Still it also could mean that there is just nothing to tell about the online capabilities of the Wii but right now I believe that the Wii version will not feature online races.

Well, at least it will not look ugly, like MW did on GC. Apparently, high res textures wouldn't fit on a GC disk, so the good folks at EA said: who cares? and released it anyway. It could have looked really sweet if they had mushed all the terrible cutscenes to save space, but no. I'm not a graphics whore, but I can't play a game that is so damn ugly.
no, no... the textures could fit easily, it's just they did a direct port from the PS2 build into the other platforms and at least for GC they didn't bother to compress them into S3TC (64 MB of PS2 textures equal about 8MB for GC and Xbox).

Xbox has the same disc space as the PS2 so the lack of compression was not a issue, but it was really just a awful lazy work.

it's like porting a Psone game and keeping in the space waster ancient MPEG encoding instead of going the extra mile.

Please, why can't f***ing EA games just kill off the NFS series, or at least go back to its roots, we don't want anymore of this underground shite.

Personally I loved both the NFS:UG games, allthough I'd want some different surroundings, like forrests or sandy beaches. I just can't get Kindiac Park, Dolphin Cove or Landstrasse out of my head... THAT'S how the levels should look!

Another console JUST for burnout?

No but lets face the facts, if you want to play normal consle games then your going to have to own a ps3 or 360 to get them as they are not going to be on the wii thats my point. So to play games like dead rising and devil may cry etc your gonna need another consle as you won't get games like these on a wii proberly.

• 1 month later...