Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enfatic win. Roma just couldn't handle Man U's fast paced football, as them and much of the Italian league plays pedestrian "work the ball" style football.

It pleases me to see 3 English teams in the semis, it shows that the premiership is the best league in Europe.

Yeah which is why it's always Quieroz for Man Utd and Sbragia for Bolton whenever the BBC interview them.

Enfatic win. Roma just couldn't handle Man U's fast paced football, as them and much of the Italian league plays pedestrian "work the ball" style football.

It pleases me to see 3 English teams in the semis, it shows that the premiership is the best league in Europe.

it doesn't prove it's the best league though, it just shows that their top 3 are better than other countries, doesn't prove the league is of better quality

That was fun to watch, everyone played so well, and i like fletcher now.

Carrick was sensational, i can see him scoring more goals in the future. Giggs was at his best. Ronaldo was skilling everyone. Rio and Wes solid at the back. Heinze, Evra and Oshea all did brilliant. Smiths goal was ace. In fact Rooney was probably the "worst" player on the pitch (other than Richardson, cant stand him) even though he played really well and scored. I hope we continue like this.

Fuckin chelski......90th minute goal.....hope they get smacked by Liverpool.

Man United on the other hand were breathtaking......thank god I chose to watch that instead of the chelsea scum.

The whole match was beautiful.......the goals, the passes, the team work, ffs even Rooney was beautiful!!!! Nah but seriously, you United fans should enjoy this.....I sure did when we went through a whole season unbeaten......those days were long ago.....now we can't even score a single goal.

In a way that United game reminded me of the unbeaten season....when we used to bang in a couple of goals and then cruise the rest of the match. On a good day we would thrash teams just like United did tonight.

Well played United I have to say.

Guest Stefkov

Carrick has more goals in less appearances that when he was at tottenham.

2004-06 Tottenham Hotspur 64 (2)

2006-present Manchester United 27 (2)

I dont know how accurate that is from Wikipedia. Add on todays performance and he surpassed it.

I got the lineup right, but I was soooo wrong with the match prediction.

I went out to watch a film with my mates, and I got my brother to tape the game. As I was coming home, my other brother said to me "the score is 6-1" and I knew there were 10 mins or so left to play. I thought "pull the other one, son."

Came in, looked at the scoreline. I'm shortsighted, so I could definitely make out the Roma number (1), but the 6 looked like a 0 to me, so I thought "fuck." Moved closer, and I saw that my bro was telling the truth.

I thought this game would have been a struggle!

I'm watching the tape now, and it's half time. To all you Fletcher and O'shea haters, please leave your apologies at the front desk, please. ;)

Fletcher and Carrick in centre midfield is really, really amazing.

Watching the rest of the game now. Can't believe it.

I'm actually pretty happy. I don't like Roma so was glad to see them get thumped (not since Liverpool played them in the UEFA Cup in 2001 for some reason) and in all honesty I feel that Liverpool perhaps have a greater chance of beating Chelsea than Valencia over 2 legs, providing me make it through against PSV without an absolute shock.

And it has to be great for English football if it has three representatives in the Semi-Finals in the Champions League! Just hope Liverpool can go on to win the thing now, and a Liverpool v Manchester United final would be brilliant (as long as Liverpool win :heh:)

If Liverpool progress to the final and face United, I will have to stay glued to the toilet with about 10 rolls of toilet roll and a packet of bon bons...

Jesus....being a Liverpool fan is like having your nerves ripped out of your body and, spending 3 years of your life on the shitter

Great night of football that was! Really entertaining!

Being a Chelsea fan, I watched Valencia v Chelsea... this was a great match, no goal-fest, but solidly entertaining! We had so much possesion at a ground where Che are famous for controlling games, yet they always looked dangerous if they broke at us!

A very nerve-racking match, had me on the edge of my seat all night... and of course jumping and screaming like a madman when Essien scored! Fantastic!

I then watched the highlights of United... My God, what a victory it was! Emphatic doesn't really seem to do the result justice!

Some beautiful goals were scored! Best of which I'd say was probably Roma's, but that's the only one thing they had in the whole of what the highlights showed! A masterclass from United and a stunning second goal from Carrick... he's had his doubters (not me, I'm a massive fan of his) but he's not been playing in a role that suits him, with Scholes being in the form he's been in!

What a brilliant night of football. It really did have it all!!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!