NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

I can see there being rather intense competition to start the season 07/08 thread. Go for it too early and it gets locked, leave it too late and some other fucker beats you to it. More tense than La Liga! But in the end, of course, I will be the winner... :D

or of course the mods/admins could just rename this one ;)

I can see there being rather intense competition to start the season 07/08 thread. Go for it too early and it gets locked, leave it too late and some other fucker beats you to it. More tense than La Liga! But in the end, of course, I will be the winner... :D

I say we open the 07/08 Season thread right after the end of the Spanish Season, whoever opens it first wins love and kisses?

actually the Spanish league is producing one hell of a finish, up until last weekends fixtures 4 teams could still win it, now its any one from 3 with Real, Barca and Sevilla seperated by 2 points

if Real win their last 2 games they win the league, Barca have to win both theirs and hope Real drop points, Sevilla can win the league if they win both and both Barca and Real lose 1 of their games

if Real and Barca are equal at the top Real win the league due to superior head to head, Sevilla have the better of Real this way and Barca better Sevilla, it then would get really complicated if all three teams were equal at the top :)

Yeah I've been keeping track of it all closely...

I used to support Barca as a kid, cos this spanish man worked with my dad and gave me a Barca flag, but I kinda want Real to win I think it would be nice for Becks to pick up a trophy he has been in such excellent form (whether he should be in the England squad again is another matter)

EDIT:

La Liga is the best league in europe in terms of who can possibly win the title, you have Barca, Real, Sevilla and Valencia who will have started the season thinking they can win the title and then also Villereal and possibly even Zaragoza, A.Madrid who think they could get Champs League

I say we open the 07/08 Season thread right after the end of the Spanish Season, whoever opens it first wins love and kisses?

I say we wait until the fixtures are released next month.

I say we wait until the fixtures are released next month.

Good Point....

June 14th It is then

Some avid football moderator will end up with the rights to newt season's thread.

Wait! I bagsied opening up next season's thread a few months ago. I think I put it in white in a post...

Wait! I bagsied opening up next season's thread a few months ago. I think I put it in white in a post...

No chance mate. I'll have it all typed up, ready to hit submit as soon as the fixtures are announced on SSN :D

No chance mate. I'll have it all typed up, ready to hit submit as soon as the fixtures are announced on SSN :D

But I found my bagsy:

I'm glad Chelsea won, West Ham better do the right thing and get relegated!

I reckon that that American tycoon will buy Arsenal, causing the Daily Mail to go into overdrive about how the Premier League is turning into the NFL with all these American owners! Oh my god! There would be 4! ARGH!

Bagsy me make next seasons thread, heh heh heh.

If somebody called dibs or bagsied something, you can't go back!

If somebody called dibs or bagsied something, you can't go back!

We're not in the playground now..

The boundaries of dibs and bagsying go way further than the school playground. It is used everywhere my friend.

Let's Have Football Quiz..

Name 4 Players Who have played for 5 European Cup Winning Clubs, but have actually never won the trophy themselves as a player

Let's Have Football Quiz..

Name 4 Players Who have played for 5 European Cup Winning Clubs, but have actually never won the trophy themselves as a player

Can think of a couple who have played for 4 teams, not 5 though... :wtf:

Can think of a couple who have played for 4 teams, not 5 though... :wtf:

Yeah sorry I got it wrong it's 4 Players

Anyway here are the answers

Dean Saunders - Liverpool, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa and Benfica

Ronaldo - PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid

Pierre Van Hooijdonk - Celtic, Forest, Benfica, Feyenoord

Laurent Blanc - Barcelona, Marseille, Inter Milan, Manchester United

I had Ronaldo and Van Hooijdonk.

Right then, an easy one for you. Who is the only player to have played in the Conference, all divisions of the Football League, the Premier League, the UEFA Cup, the Champions League, and the World Cup finals? At least I think there's only one guy that's done it.

I knew those answers, saw it on another site last week :)

Fields is it Steve Finnan?

I had Ronaldo and Van Hooijdonk.

Right then, an easy one for you. Who is the only player to have played in the Conference, all divisions of the Football League, the Premier League, the UEFA Cup, the Champions League, and the World Cup finals? At least I think there's only one guy that's done it.

Finnan, Lemme guess you watched Premiership Preview the Other Week?:idea:

Seriously though thats a pretty incredible feat, he is so underated Steve Finnan it's scary

Finnan, Lemme guess you watched Premiership Preview the Other Week?:idea:

Seriously though thats a pretty incredible feat, he is so underated Steve Finnan it's scary

Lol, no I've known it for ages. But I did get it off the telly at some point, you're right. Quite an amazing little fact though, isn't it? I bet, when he was playing for Welling United, if you told him one day he'd be a Champions League winner and will represent his country in the world cup, he'd have laughed at you.

Here are a bunch of kits I took from Lfc.tv forums. I'm not saying they're all the real deal, but I thought you all may like to have a look:

Arsenal Away

929257106.gif

(Yeh.. old lettering on the back, thought that was strange)

Aston Villa Home

AVFCshirt.jpg

Birmingham Home

0,,10412~3277029,00.jpg

Blackburn Home

0,,10303~3054824,00.gif

Blackburn Away

0,,10303~3054829,00.gif

Bolton Home

prd_maxzoom_ACMF7133-100.jpg

Chelski Away

941109946.gif

Everton Home

efc1178027073shirt7dq6.jpg

Man City Home

mancity0708lcskt0.jpg

Man Ure Home

943967468.gif

Man Ure Away

unitedmj6.jpg

Newcastle Home

2005947681270389211_rs.jpg

Spurs Home

mhxss07.jpg

Spurs Away

maxss07.jpg

Spurs 3rd

m307.jpg

Spurs European

m125s.jpg

Sunderland Away

newkitrq2.png

West Ham Home, Away & Goalie

WHU.png

Wigan Home

33ym6p1.png

European Teams

Celtic

prdmaxzoom32110wy5.jpg

Rangers Home

706697-1.jpg

Rangers Away

070327132721.jpg

Barca Home

943955408.gif

Real Home

realmadridforseij5.jpg

Real Away

930650918.jpg

Marsaille

937448030.gif

AC Milan Home

897894058.gif

Inter Away

2004197224468564543_rs.jpg

Bayern Munich Home

7900_1_zoom.jpg

Anderlecht

902249876_small.jpg

PSV Away

file96333909kq4.jpg

Ajax Away

51837065711769820817633mj0.jpg

This one is horrendous:

Lokomotiv Moscow home and away

IMG_1370_2_sm.jpg

i have a feeling that hargreaves will get injured over the summer or early into next season.

the new man city kit is really nice.

Yes!

Hargreaves: Great transfer, he's gonna be a key player next season. £17m

You still can't touch

though :D

You still can't touch
though :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NGTa09LQx_k

Hmmm, I guess the best player in the world doesn't matter to you, nor does Scholes or Carrick or Giggs.

If you do have the best midfield it obviously isnt good enough. Sorry, are there no trophies in your cabinet this year?

jk