NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

I do like those new kits. So is the home kit staying the same?

I'm not a big fan of the big red bits there on white kit.. looks a bit strange, but I still like it. The black kit reminds me of something that you would see Corinthians wear or something (not sure why..) but I do think it's pretty decent too :hehe:

Home kit will be the same, yes.

I'm not sure I like this having 3 separate kits thing though. The old system of using the previous season's away kit as a third worked well. Seriously, how much use did we get out of that green and white third kit this season? Money grabbing bastards :mad: (but if it means we can afford David Villa I don't mind :D).

..Are you on the LFC.tv forums? There are so many idiots on there it's unreal.. I go on to see transfer rumours and stuff (though I'm not an e-season ticket holder or anything)

The only reason I ask is because everyone on there goes on about David Villa and it does my head in! I'm really interested to see who we do get up front, but my money is certainly not on Villa. And anyway, what's to suggest he could cut it in the Premiership anyway :heh:

White kit would look class with a red Carlsberg logo.

Speaking of Carlsberg, for how long has Liverpool got a sponsorship deal with Carlsberg?

..Are you on the LFC.tv forums? There are so many idiots on there it's unreal.. I go on to see transfer rumours and stuff (though I'm not an e-season ticket holder or anything)

The only reason I ask is because everyone on there goes on about David Villa and it does my head in! I'm really interested to see who we do get up front, but my money is certainly not on Villa. And anyway, what's to suggest he could cut it in the Premiership anyway :heh:

I go on the .tv forum occasionally, yeah. Only the e-season board though, that's relatively sensible. The free ones of full of complete fucking morons. Have you seen Villa play (David, not Aston :D)? He's unbelievable. But you're right, he's probably not a realistic target :(

White kit would look class with a red Carlsberg logo.

Speaking of Carlsberg, for how long has Liverpool got a sponsorship deal with Carlsberg?

I don't know.. but it is so much part of the Liverpool kit that it would seem so strange without it! Having said that, I expect some sort of American sponsorship within the next couple of seasons )or something different at least)

Ideally (for me) would be for Nintendo to sponsor Liverpool. That would be brilliant :heh: ..I'm sure many of you remember when Fiorentina had Nintendo on their shirts.. looked very good :hehe:

And I haven't really seen Villa play if I'm honest (other than against Chelsea in the Champions League). I would have to see him before I could have an opinion, but on that forum people believe absolute nonsense. Makes you appreciate this place all the more!

The Carlsberg sponsorship is currently the longest running one in the Premiership - maybe even the longest ever? I cant mind exactly, but I was reading about it in the paper earlier in the week. I think the Pool were set to extend the deal with them for another year or two, so I'd expect it to be there a while longer.

Haha, Liverpool are still in the process of being made Spanish, Rafa might rather get a deal set up with San Miguel or something to replace Carlsberg, if he ever does!

And I haven't really seen Villa play if I'm honest (other than against Chelsea in the Champions League). I would have to see him before I could have an opinion, but on that forum people believe absolute nonsense. Makes you appreciate this place all the more!

Ay, less of that. The e-season forum is alright. Prefer RAWK though.

The last few minutes have been bittersweet for me:

Bitter: Shrewsbury Town lost to Bristol Rovers in Play-off Final.

Sweet: Celtic won Scottish Cup.

For anyone who cares, these are apparently Liverpool's new kits for next season:

LiverpoolNewKits.jpg

Black: European Kit, White: Away Kit

Those dont look right, im suspicious.

Those dont look right, im suspicious.

No, they are real. There's a teaser on the Adidas website:

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/liverpool/content/index.asp

A bit of digging around reveals this:

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/liverpool/content/content/images/white_Gerrard.swf

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/liverpool/content/content/images/Black_carri.swf

Oh and this Snoogy Doogy fella Rafa is after sounds brilliant. I just hope we can capture his signature as there will surely be intense competition for such a hot up and coming star :D

Great to have Beckham back, he's such an influential player. Maybe there won't be as much pressure now that he isn't captain, so he may ease his way into the team. Nobody can cross like him, not even close.

So many knocked him when he played badly, but he still provided most of the goals and when he's gone everybody wants him back. I really wish him the best of luck.

Whose to say there may not be another world cup for him?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3914143.stm

Select your ideal England Team from this website and printscreen it here.

Here's mine:

englandsquadys0.png

Im not sure why Rooney isn't listed there but you can put him in when you click on the fantasy button.

Im not sure why Rooney isn't listed there but you can put him in when you click on the fantasy button.

Cos he is suspended.

Cos he is suspended.

Yeah I just remembered, silly me.

This is my Dad's selection, which is very similar to mine:

dadsenglandsquaddl3.png

So if Mclaren doesn't give us something like this I'll be annoyed.

You and your dad are morons. Who in their right mind would pick Defoe or Smith ahead of Owen?

My Dad has Owen on the subs bench.

I don't think Owen is fit enough for the England squad at the moment, once he's played a few more games and has more confidence I'd definetly pick him.

I don't think we're morons.

No, they are real. There's a teaser on the Adidas website:

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/liverpool/content/index.asp

A bit of digging around reveals this:

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/liverpool/content/content/images/white_Gerrard.swf

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/liverpool/content/content/images/Black_carri.swf

Oh and this Snoogy Doogy fella Rafa is after sounds brilliant. I just hope we can capture his signature as there will surely be intense competition for such a hot up and coming star :D

Fo Shizzle ma Nizzle..

well done derby, 1-0 against west brom at wembley.

i predict a 20th place finish for them next season in the premiership.

Wanted West Brom to Go Up I lived in Leicester so I have a weird ability to easily hate Derby...

Oh Well, Good Game :P

Am I right in saying we can kick off the Football Season 07/08 thread?

Or is it too early for our other European Friends?

Spanish season still has two rounds left ;)

Fenomenal!

Muchas Futbol por la televisión

Gracias...

actually the Spanish league is producing one hell of a finish, up until last weekends fixtures 4 teams could still win it, now its any one from 3 with Real, Barca and Sevilla seperated by 2 points

if Real win their last 2 games they win the league, Barca have to win both theirs and hope Real drop points, Sevilla can win the league if they win both and both Barca and Real lose 1 of their games

if Real and Barca are equal at the top Real win the league due to superior head to head, Sevilla have the better of Real this way and Barca better Sevilla, it then would get really complicated if all three teams were equal at the top :)

actually the Spanish league is producing one hell of a finish, up until last weekends fixtures 4 teams could still win it, now its any one from 3 with Real, Barca and Sevilla seperated by 2 points

if Real win their last 2 games they win the league, Barca have to win both theirs and hope Real drop points, Sevilla can win the league if they win both and both Barca and Real lose 1 of their games

if Real and Barca are equal at the top Real win the league due to superior head to head, Sevilla have the better of Real this way and Barca better Sevilla, it then would get really complicated if all three teams were equal at the top :)

Who ever said the EPL has the best competition needs to look at La Liga, Very Tense...

I can see there being rather intense competition to start the season 07/08 thread. Go for it too early and it gets locked, leave it too late and some other fucker beats you to it. More tense than La Liga! But in the end, of course, I will be the winner... :D