NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

to me he just hasnt done it this season and i believe that sissoko + gerrard = the ideal liverpool central midfield.... alonso is overrated imo and always has been... any1 who puts gerrard out of his ideal position, better be bloody good - alonson isnt...

i say sell him whilst u can get the cash and bring in some1 of proven quality when it comes to their work rate...

Alonso is quality, and among the best passers in Europe, However I can see where you are coming from in terms of the money.

I hope Alonso stays because we do need him, and he is brilliant

at times brilliant, but too often frustrating and a let down... liverpool cud do better

He is not a match winner, put it that way, and I think he will be somewhat restricted to games with Javier making a name for himself..

i just dont see what role he has to play in ur team, now mascherano is there...

get the cash whilst you can, imo liverpool honestly would not miss him

rafa needs to show ambition this summer, if u ever want to win the league

Alonso is ambition he could walk into all of the sides in Europe, He is proven quality, I would not accept anything below £20mil if he was to go.

But believe me he still has a role to play....

..you could see Kewell wasn't quite at it tonight, so hopefully with a good pre-season under his built he will perform next season.. and it will be good to get Luis Garcia back as an option aswell.

The main thing lacking is definitely a front man, ironically like an Inzaghi a few years ago.. (only maybe better :heh:)

im not saying u aint had a good season son, winning the fa cup is always an achievement... but u cant say u were not dissapointed about the title and u cannot say that jose + the board would not of been dissapointed...

with chelsea rumoured to not having a substantial budget this summer and with players away for african cup duty, next season cud be a very slow start for chelsea fc...

Fair enough. Personally I wasn't too disappointed with not winning the league mainly because of those injuries because they are obviously huge players we missed. Also I really feel that Ballack unbalanced the team but towards the end of the season, things started to work themselves out.

I also don't think we need any major additions to the team, basically just cover in defence which will come in the form of Alex, who is pretty decent. (Apparently his transfer fee is 50p because of a prior agreement!:heh: ) We now have Sidwell for cover in midfield. All in all, barring any major injuries I think next season is going to show a much more promising Chelsea...

Then again, anything can happen in football!: peace:

..you could see Kewell wasn't quite at it tonight, so hopefully with a good pre-season under his built he will perform next season.. and it will be good to get Luis Garcia back as an option aswell.

The main thing lacking is definitely a front man, ironically like an Inzaghi a few years ago.. (only maybe better :heh:)

The thing is, Goalkeeper is great, Defence is sorted, Midfield lacks two proven class Wingers, Kewell needs to try and get a run in the side.

Goal scoring Wise, we need a finisher, and Owen fits the bill

We need quality players who can be creative on the pitch...

We will spend big this summer, I assure you, My Guess?

Owen

and

Alves

There's something about Alves I just don't like.. in all honesty, I have never really seen him play and when I have I never saw anything to shout home about. He could be a very good player but I just can't find myself wanting him in a Liverpool shirt..

I hope Pennant grows more and develops next season as I feel he can do a very good job for us. He and Kewell (both on top form) would be very exciting and something I hope we see next season.. with the return of Michael Owen to snatch 20 goals :heh:

Rafa was way too cautious. Its a CL final and he sticks one upfront till 70mins. yeah Liverpool had possession but they never created anything. Zenden is a joke. how he gets in that team I will never know. he has no pace, no skill and his crossing is pathetic!

Pennant was very average like he has been most this season. Rafa was crazy paying £7m for him. I hate seeing Gerrard in that position just behind the striker. he does not look great there.

Milan were happy too sit back and defend. I would of took of Pennant and Zenden and played Gerrard RW with Kuyt and Crouch upfront.

some people saying liverpool should of taken there chances? what chances were they? was i watching a different game or something.

There's something about Alves I just don't like.. in all honesty, I have never really seen him play and when I have I never saw anything to shout home about. He could be a very good player but I just can't find myself wanting him in a Liverpool shirt..

I hope Pennant grows more and develops next season as I feel he can do a very good job for us. He and Kewell (both on top form) would be very exciting and something I hope we see next season.. with the return of Michael Owen to snatch 20 goals :heh:

Indeed

Just got the latest text in off some Evertonians, it made me laugh to be honest..

Im so fucking proud right now...

Liverpool FC 5 times Champions of Fucking Europe...

I can't see Owen leaving Newcastle over the summer at all tbh. Liverpool were really unlucky tonight.....but overall a fair result.

Hey, whatever happened tonight, the future is looking promising and we have a very exciting summer ahead I feel. A good few changes are going to be made I think and Rafa will bring in 2 strikers.. and, I don't know what it is either, but I wouldn't fancy Eto'o coming, even though he isn't meant to be coming anyway..

Dare I say it, I would like to see Owen back.. and maybe even give Cisse another chance..

Noone has mentioned thios player to be out-going but I feel there's a possibility: Alvaro Arbeloa.. I just get a feeling..

Edit: I keep forgetting about Voronin.. I hope he surprises everyone..

Hey, whatever happened tonight, the future is looking promising and we have a very exciting summer ahead I feel. A good few changes are going to be made I think and Rafa will bring in 2 strikers.. and, I don't know what it is either, but I wouldn't fancy Eto'o coming, even though he isn't meant to be coming anyway..

Dare I say it, I would like to see Owen back.. and maybe even give Cisse another chance..

Noone has mentioned thios player to be out-going but I feel there's a possibility: Alvaro Arbeloa.. I just get a feeling..

Edit: I keep forgetting about Voronin.. I hope he surprises everyone..

LOL trust me mate Voronin is a 4th choice striker replacing Fowler. the guy is not a goal scorer. I wish Gonzalez was given more of a chance, I really think he has something too offer if given 1 more year with a run in the team.

Well I hope Cisse signs for Marseille but I do agree he could do a good job at liverpool. funny how his 19 goals last season was still not beaten by any liverpool striker this year.

Congratulations to AC Milan, once it got down to the semi finals I wanted them to win it to be honest and they played the best footy through to competition.

Benitez got it wrong, thought he was being clever with where he played Gerrard (Who must be kicking himself, had a completely anonymous game and missed a sitter) and that it'd go down as a master stroke if he pulled it off - unlucky son.

Well it's the day after the night before,

Still feel the same, so proud of them all, football is a game of what if's and last night was no different, No use going on about it...

We have an important summer ahead of us, Tom and George will give Rafa what he wants and I have every belief we can get to the Final once more, and challenege for the title...

Can't wait for Moscow 2008 :D

Next final is in Moscow.. crap we never play good in Russia.

it seems we dont play well in greece either. Actually we played well and lost.

Big summer ahead, this is where rafa will earn his money

I'm gutted Liverpool didn't win. Before the match I thought that I'd be a little pleased if Milan were to win, but at the "final whistle", I wasn't.

Hope this Mike Assley fella manages to get Fat Freds shares off him. Would be great to get rid of Fred and have him replaced with the 25th richest man in the UK if he's willing to invest in the club. Of course if there's a stalemate then it could absolutely paralyze our transfer activity and leave us right in the shit...

Hope this Mike Assley fella manages to get Fat Freds shares off him. Would be great to get rid of Fred and have him replaced with the 25th richest man in the UK if he's willing to invest in the club. Of course if there's a stalemate then it could absolutely paralyze our transfer activity and leave us right in the shit...

I wouldn't get too excited about this billionaire guy if I were you. Money has never been a problem for Newcastle. Spending it wisely is the problem. It's a question of whether Fat Sam is the right man to do that.

LMFAO :D this is the funniest thing ive seen in a while -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140121598204

:D

Found it quite ironic that some of the legions of scousers shown trying to rush past police and into the full stadium because some of their fellow pikey supporters had stiched them up by getting in with forged tickets were wearing "Justice 96" t-shirts... :nono:

What a crap game it was... It pretty much summarized what football is about today, two teams playing a 4-5-1 because the trainers were too afraid to lose.

It kind of shows how Liverpool really lacks the effectivity up front... They just don't have a finisher. If Liverpool manage to buy Villa or Torres and have that guy play next to Kuyt (you don't put him in forward alone and expect goals, come on) then Liverpool might go for the Premiership title next season. Otherwise, I don't see it happening... Not with Andrej Voronin they won't, anyway.

Found it quite ironic that some of the legions of scousers shown trying to rush past police and into the full stadium because some of their fellow pikey supporters had stiched them up by getting in with forged tickets were wearing "Justice 96" t-shirts... :nono:

I know, it's disgraceful. But it was a minority, please don't tar us all with the same brush. Although I suspect many will and the reputation of Liverpool fans will suffer :(

yeah there's always some assholes involved who bring down the good name of the supporters

although I did like the quote from the William Gallard from UEFA who said something along the lines of:

We never had any problems a few years ago when twice as many Celtic fans turned up without tickets in Seville

nice to be remembered :)

Whilst I don't condone the violence, can you imagined how pissed off you'd be knowing you've got a legit ticket and that some pikey with a fake is sat in your sit.